Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: finnquark on June 06, 2021, 10:03:29 AM
Notts County beat Chesterfield 3-2 in a thriller yesterday, coming from behind twice, scoring a 90th min winner and nearly conceding in the 96th. Best bit was the winner came from a soft free on Notts big money signing from last summer, Ruben Rodrigues (signed from Den Bosch in the Eerste Divisie). Chesterfield boss wouldn't shut up about it. Bearing in mind Chesterfield's liberal use of the furlough scheme/Sport England loans, the way they poached half of a Gloucester City's side when the manager joined halfway through the season, and the cynical style of play they used, it was great karma watching him have a meltdown.

Chesterfield are a really unlikable side. Remember rooting for them when they did well in the FA cup a few years back but they've been horrible for the last decade or so. And they took Manny Oyeleke off us towards the end of the season.

Kankurette

Quote from: Toxteth OGrady on June 06, 2021, 03:11:33 AM
Appreciate you riding roughshod over the athletic's paywall Kankurette. Thanks.

My bluenose mates are craving Conte, what about you?
I read these things so you don't have to.

Would like Conte but he's not realistic. Alan Pardew likes a bit of violence, what's he up to?

ersatz99

The Athletic is a quid a month for the next six months.

Kankurette

I'm impressed Greg O'Keefe wrote an entire article without blaming Marco Silva.

BlodwynPig

Hopefully this will be jail time for another modern thug

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-57383351

why he was never banned from football years ago is a mystery. BBC: "gentleman philosopher with a wild side"

jobotic

QuoteEarlier, 12 jurors were selected after being asked questions including "have you heard of Joey Barton?" and "do you have any opinions about Joey Barton?

The assumption being that if you've heard of him at all you'll already think he's a cunt and won't be able to serve?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on June 08, 2021, 12:16:27 PM
The assumption being that if you've heard of him at all you'll already think he's a cunt and won't be able to serve?

I'd just lie "I think he was a defender for Wimbledon and the Toon?" and then SEND THE FUCKER DOWN FOR LIFE

buttgammon

Someone who quotes Nietzsche can't be bad.

Kankurette

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 08, 2021, 11:53:38 AM
Hopefully this will be jail time for another modern thug

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-57383351

why he was never banned from football years ago is a mystery. BBC: "gentleman philosopher with a wild side"
I will never understand how that maniac ever became a manager. He threatened to sign for Everton at one point and even our fans didn't want him.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buttgammon on June 08, 2021, 12:48:18 PM
Someone who quotes Nietzsche can't be bad.

Fred West, Adolf and Piers Morgan have all quoted Nietzsche in their time

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Hat FM on June 04, 2021, 05:35:40 PM
nice to see some national league chat on here. been following my local club bromley a bit more over the last five years. excited to see us in the playoffs this year although i imagine we will fall short. had a massive uplift with the new manager in the final third of the season. Might be able to properly challenge for the promotion spots next season. Didnt really bother with the live streams. £10 a game seems a bit much but i guess they have to charge that much for it to make financial sense. very interested in how many streams clubs in the national league sold. Looking forward to getting back down to Hayes lane next season especially as one of my old PE teachers seems to be one of the coaches now.

I'm really glad Bromley didn't get another early in the second half against my lot Hartlepool as we would have probably collapsed struggled.  We are really good attacking, but our defending is abysmal, it wont take a master tactician to figure out where the weakness is

Wonderful Butternut

Hungarian fans booing the Irish team for taking the knee pre Kick Off.

Fuck them.

Kankurette

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 08, 2021, 07:13:28 PM
Joey Barton for Everton 100%.
He's angry and passionate. Some of our fans would eat it up with a spoon.

Chedney Honks

Violence is the big one for me. Proven violence.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hire John Parrott. Mate of mine from school Richard Johnson also an Everton fan and he will set fire to tears, get him in as slagsbody supremo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on June 08, 2021, 07:01:04 PM
Hungarian fans booing the Irish team for taking the knee pre Kick Off.

Fuck them.

English fans booing the english players for taking the knee. What say ye?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 08, 2021, 09:59:02 PM
English fans booing the english players for taking the knee. What say ye?

Well I knew the Tans were cunts before tonight.

BlodwynPig

buttgammon

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 08, 2021, 01:29:24 PM
Fred West, Adolf and Piers Morgan have all quoted Nietzsche in their time

His sister would have approved, especially of Morgan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_F%C3%B6rster-Nietzsche

Chedney Honks

Euros gonna go off for BLM, probably remind us that the rest of Europe is so so much fucking worse than Dogshit Nation. Far right cunts abound across the continent, shithole of the universe.

At least it's not South America, I say.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 09, 2021, 07:35:45 PM
Euros gonna go off for BLM, probably remind us that the rest of Europe is so so much fucking worse than Dogshit Nation. Far right cunts abound across the continent, shithole of the universe.

Remember when jingos said Russia would boot stomp gentle English heads? Fucking insular Thuglife mentality of the English buffoon.

Hat FM

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 07, 2021, 05:33:01 PM
Does Ben Williamson still play for Bromley? He was really frustrating for us, really speedy but useless on one-on-ones.

yeah he scored the goal that got us into the play offs. Out of contract this summer i think. there are so many moves pre season in the national league. sometimes you start a new season with 5 new players in the 11. i'm expecting our best players to get picked off by some league 2 clubs.

Kankurette

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 09, 2021, 07:35:45 PM

Already happened. It's grim.