Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on January 27, 2021, 10:10:40 PM
I know it's hilarious to everyone that United get beat by the bottom team, but does seem strange how "push the keeper" is a foul for one team, not for another.

De Gea didn't get pushed for the first goal (if that's what you're referring to). In fact, if he'd prioritised jumping over giving the attacker a shove, he might have got to the ball.
As for the disallowed goal, Maguire clearly jumped into the keeper, so it was a foul.
Both correct decisions. Lampard for Man U.

bgmnts

Is there one consistently enforced rule in football?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on January 27, 2021, 10:33:33 PM

Shit on the bastards below?

DrGreggles

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 27, 2021, 10:31:56 PM
De Gea didn't get pushed for the first goal (if that's what you're referring to). In fact, if he'd prioritised jumping over giving the attacker a shove, he might have got to the ball.
As for the disallowed goal, Maguire clearly jumped into the keeper, so it was a foul.
Both correct decisions. Lampard for Man U.
For me, both were goals - difference was the ref blew his whistle right away with the Maguire incident, so VAR couldn't get involved as the Sheff Utd defenders stopped. But I didn't see any more of a "push" on de Gea than Maguire got a goal ruled out for up at Burnley the other week.

People will of course see their own biases to reflect their own level of humour at the situation. I'm fully aware people will see a United player sneezing on a goalkeeper as a clear foul because it's funny as fuck - same way I enjoy Liverpool suffering dodgy decisions. It'd be nice if we're all honest about that - "it was a goal, but it's Man U, so fuck 'em", as I get that and fully understand it.

DrGreggles

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: bgmnts on January 27, 2021, 10:33:33 PM

If you clap, you do it over your head.

Jockice

Quote from: Mobius on January 27, 2021, 10:15:18 PM
Blimey, rock bottom and away from home. That's a cracking result

Yes! As a Blade when it comes to Sheffield teams (basically Wednesday are at the other end of the city and I used to go to United matches when I moved here, first with my dad and then with friends when I'd made some) it was the first time for ages I'd got properly excited while watching a football match*. I mean let's face it, there hasn't been a lot of fun being a Celtic supporter this season, and since I'd only really got BT Sport so I could watch the Hoops' (now terminated due to us being shit) European games, I might as well get my money's worth.

I haven't been to Bramall Lane for years (well the football ground anyway. I quite often go to the BP garage/Spar next door) but I'm now a fully-fledged Bladesman once more. You fill up my senses like a greasy chip buttie. We ain't got a barrel of money, but we've got Woodward and Currie. Na na na na, he's a Blade and he's a Blade. Etc.

(*A non-international one that is. I did cheer a bit when Scotland finally qualified for something last year.)

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Jockice on January 28, 2021, 05:41:55 AM
I haven't been to Bramall Lane for years (well the football ground anyway. I quite often go to the BP garage/Spar next door) but I'm now a fully-fledged Bladesman once more. You fill up my senses like a greasy chip buttie. We ain't got a barrel of money, but we've got Woodward and Currie. Na na na na, he's a Blade and he's a Blade. Etc.

"Colquhoun, bet-ter than Brian Labone", to the tune of Blue Moon?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wow, i think that's about the worst 90 seconds of a second half I've ever seen. Spurs half asleep. Should have shipped 2 goals there as well.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

2-1, piledriver from Hojbjerg.

What a mad 3 minutes.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Don't often say this about Mourinho's teams, but way too open this half.

imitationleather

I don't want to talk about football right now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on January 28, 2021, 09:30:43 PM
I don't want to talk about football right now.

Time for something fucked up and weird to happen.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Was just thinking

'To Dare Is To Do'

Rape culture?

Captain Z

Got to be scoring more goals than the opposition there for me, Clive.

Wonderful Butternut

F$G out. Klopp out. Cunt's gone banan-

Oh we won.

EDIT: Richard Keys is so sour over it.

DrGreggles

JamesTC

What is it about Spurs that just always gives Liverpool that boost they need?

Want your shit striker to get a league goal? Here you go. Not won all January (2017)? Here you go. Want a pasting to convince you that you do need to go all out for that CB? Here you go. Want a European Cup? Here you go. Not won all January again? Here you go.

Chollis

imitationleather

I agree, it is all pre-determined like wrestling.

JamesTC

Wonderful Butternut

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Any sign of Liverpool buying a defender? Few days to go. Lovren, where art thou

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 28, 2021, 10:25:50 PM

Funny thing is Lovren kept getting injured and never reached 10 games in a row for the club. He'd always get injured again by the 9th game. So we'd still essentially be fucked if he was here.

If Matip's injury is serious (Klopp says it looks serious, but it'll need the swelling to go down, scan etc.) then maybe FSG will consider putting more debt on the books for a defender a better option than risking loss of top 4 and poor CL progression by having 2 out of Fabinho, Hendo & Phillips play center back for the rest of the season.

Militao on loan or Subotic on a free are possible 'stop gap' or cheap moves, although the former would surely involve a commitment to buy if he hits a certain number of appearances.

JamesTC

Give it Mustafi till the end of the season.

chveik

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: chveik on January 28, 2021, 10:43:23 PM
might as well give a chance to a 13 year old

We've tried that with Williams and he's getting hammered.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 28, 2021, 10:25:50 PM

Pretty sure they're trying, but it's not as easy as paying x for a player worth x.
The price for a decent CB (for Liverpool) will be sky high - and it's a case of whether the money men will knowingly pay over the odds for a relatively short term fix (which isn't how they roll - and they've done pretty well doing things their way in recent years).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 28, 2021, 10:53:34 PM
Pretty sure they're trying, but it's not as easy as paying x for a player worth x.
The price for a decent CB (for Liverpool) will be sky high - and it's a case of whether the money men will knowingly pay over the odds for a relatively short term fix (which isn't how they roll - and they've done pretty well doing things their way in recent years).

No need for splashing out, just get someone like Scott Dann in on a year deal if needs be. They need any experienced PL defender who isn't extortionately expensive on a short term deal.