Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nothing is more pointless than a 5th round FA Cup draw when the 3rd round is still being played.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ludicrous Display on January 11, 2021, 07:36:39 PM
Nothing is more pointless than a 5th round FA Cup draw when the 3rd round is still being played.

It was to "aid scheduling".

So Manchester United or Liverpool v Stockport County or West Ham or Doncaster Rovers...

Inspector Norse

Quote from: JamesTC on January 11, 2021, 01:39:30 PM
While it is a bit rum, I hear he does the celebration for his dead parents.

Also why he wears the number 88, I believe

BlodwynPig

The worst thing I've ever read*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55606774

*hyperbole, yes, but compare and contrast "one of the most inspirational people I've ever met". The infantilisation thread meets beige nu labour of articles.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 11, 2021, 11:52:31 AM
Perfect "Well done, he's 13" fodder:

After scoring from 1cm out as well. Guard of honour + OBE on the way mate.

monkfromhavana

DrGreggles

Aston Villa v Spurs tonight.

The part of Aston Villa will be played by Fulham

ersatz99

Quote from: DrGreggles link=topic=84530.msg4432057#msg4432057date=1610444932
Aston Villa v Spurs tonight.

The part of Aston Villa will be played by Fulham
And played tomorrow.

GMTV

Celtic's only regret about the dubai trip is that one player caught covid.

The staggering arrogance from the club. Or is it the generations of sanctimony that everyone in the club can't quite face looking in the mirror and admitting they've been acting like cunts while everyone else is looking on shaking their heads with dismay.

I'd like to hope this would be a watershed moment and Peter Lawwell et als influence at the top of the Scottish game would now be under scrutiny.

Norton Canes

QuoteFulham manager Scott Parker says it is "scandalous" Wednesday's match against Tottenham was only confirmed on Monday.

The Premier League game was originally scheduled for 30 December but was postponed at short notice because of a coronavirus outbreak at Fulham.

In a fixture reshuffle on Monday, it was rescheduled after Spurs' match at Aston Villa was postponed.

"I am angry because it is not right. It is wrong. That is why I am so angry," said Parker.

Gotta admire his lack of ambiguity.

DrGreggles

lankyguy95

I think Sheffield United might pick up their first win here. Newcastle dogshit and now down to ten men.

JamesTC

Quote from: lankyguy95 on January 12, 2021, 06:51:47 PM
I think Sheffield United might pick up their first win here. Newcastle dogshit and now down to ten men.

Derby got four points from Newcastle in their record breakingly shit season.

phes

Going for a season cancellation I reckon with entire team staff completely disregarding the 'you are on this ice, the referees will remind you all of your responsibility (re unnecessary contact)' by shaking every available hand in the stadium

Dyche just fistbumped Ole then put his hand in his mouth. Nails

finnquark

Quite how the National League continues is beyond me.

Inspector Norse

Referee and VAR team spend 15 minutes studying dozens of angles of video footage in order to make decision.

Man Utd players then decide to surround referee to protest the decision.

Hurrah for football!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ludicrous Display on January 12, 2021, 06:58:35 PM
Carroll still can't score.

well, he's back on form after that freak goal the other day.

Chedney Honks

Maybe he's trying to help his mum's phantom cringe herself out of Hell.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Man Utd:

Striker feeding the country and top of the table with homeboy dun gud*

*courtesy of goal from swollen BigBrand moneybags egomaniac cunt bought with debtscum funding

PowerButchi

Quote from: monkfromhavana on January 12, 2021, 08:00:31 AM
Nomads, mate.

Fuck off, I've been to Connahs Quay. When Queenferry is the light at the end of a places tunnel, fuck em. Druids it is.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: PowerButchi on January 13, 2021, 12:00:26 AM
Fuck off, I've been to Connahs Quay. When Queenferry is the light at the end of a places tunnel, fuck em. Druids it is.

Bloody pagans.

druss

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 12, 2021, 10:42:06 PM
Man Utd:

Striker feeding the country and top of the table with homeboy dun gud*

*courtesy of goal from swollen BigBrand moneybags egomaniac cunt bought with debtscum funding
To think Ole was on the verge of being sacked. He will get close to glory once again but will lose the big games. Pressure will mount, followed by an amazing run of matches to give the supporters hope, only to fail once again.

I love him.

DrGreggles

Twonty Gostelow

Whatever caused it - was it the same incident where he broke his leg? - I don't think he's had corrective surgery since.

Poor guy was diagnosed with Alzheimer's just before the lockdown, and only 61.

Mobius

Fuck me this Arsenal match is boring as shit. 10 minutes left but I have to go to work so I'm sure it'll turn into a goalfest now

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Waiting for the Squires cartoon where there's a panel about how he is providing better opposition than Keith Starmer.

Inspector Norse

So. Farewell then
Wayne Rooney. England's record
Goalscorer. I
Thought you had
Retired years ago.

Despite all
Those goals there was
The sense
That nobody ever figured out your
Best position
(Like Keith's mum)

And for all
Your natural
Talent and workrate you were
Still an unfulfilled promise
Because when
It came down to
It
I think managers and
Coaches struggled
To develop and adapt your
Game because
You were just really thick.
(Also like Keith's mum)

Baffling to think
Someone believes
You will make a good
Manager.

bgmnts

The lingering stench of Mourinho in this utter shite United team still assaults the footballing nostrils.

However, Liverpool have been so incredibly toothless this season, and having no actual defence means I am very confident in a 2-1 United win; 82nd minutes Fernandes penalty to win it.

But there are no winners here.