Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021: well done, he's 13

Started by sevendaughters, January 09, 2021, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Klopp starting The Power Goblin. They don't deserve to win the league.

Bernice

Mad that Thiago hasn't been booked, the dirty little bastard.

bgmnts

Luke Shaw in fine form the tubby little crybaby.

How long does it take for the Mourinho stink to wash off for a club? Few years?

Inspector Norse

For all that "best most excitinger league in the world" bobbins it's amazing how often games between Big 5-6[nb]depending if you can still count Arsenal[/nb] teams end up cagey 0-0 turds.

Bernice

I quite enjoyed it, but the pundits do have a way of talking up what are almost always very cagey affairs.

chveik

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Bernice on January 17, 2021, 07:00:50 PM
I quite enjoyed it, but the pundits do have a way of talking up what are almost always very cagey affairs.

AAAND IT'S LIIIIIIVE

DrGreggles

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 18, 2021, 09:56:46 AM
They give it that for West Brom v Burnley too though.

They do tend to be more entertaining games than Liverpool v Man United at least.

ersatz99

At about the 70 minute mark both Nevile and Carragher admitted they'd be happy for a defeatist point each. Halfway through the season and happy to scratch around for a draw.

finnquark

Steve Cotterill gets COVID after an outbreak at Shrewsbury, spends time in an ICU and the club simply tweets 'Stay strong gaffer! Let's do you proud tomorrow!'. The idea that they aren't demanding the shitshow be stopped is just mad.

Marner and Me

Quote from: ersatz99 on January 18, 2021, 11:23:31 AM
At about the 70 minute mark both Nevile and Carragher admitted they'd be happy for a defeatist point each. Halfway through the season and happy to scratch around for a draw.
Dog shit football isn't it, and people pay upwards of £50 to go and watch that.

Lennon trying to defend the trip to Dubai hahaha

Captain Z

Still? Jesus Christ, mate, read the room.

BlodwynPig

Ever reliable big man Carroll delivering the goods again tonight. The goods being hods and thin air

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thankless task though really. To score from crosses in the box you have to actually be in the box. To get crosses in the box you have to actually have wingers delivering crosses in the box.

He needs to be where he belongs, scoring 10 goals a season in the Championship. If he hangs around that might just happen next season.

Ashley will never learn. No matter how much evidence is presented of how unsuccessful we've been when treading water he's content to let it rot yet again. Absolute fuckwit. On the basis of his wealth it must be a fucking piece of piss to amass it once you've got lucky from your one good idea and cunty lucky break.

Again though, if Bruce goes I actually dread to think who he might get in. Howard Kendall? Someone's ghost?

DrGreggles

What do we think Carroll's on this season? 60k a week? 80k? + goal bonuses
I reckon I'd have put in performances of a similar standard.

phes

Absolutely no idea whatsover what Bruce was trying to do with Caroll tonight. He can't run, why try to make him

DrGreggles

He's quite good at defending opposition corners.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sometimes signings mask underlying problems. Rondon worked his fucking arse off and was mobile and resilient enough to make the horrible tactics we were using just about work.

As above, I have no idea what the tactic is here. Carroll needs to be playing for a team that play fast overlapping direct football based on winning 2nd balls/set pieces and dragging defenders out of position. Got none of that.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 18, 2021, 10:26:16 PM
What do we think Carroll's on this season? 60k a week? 80k? + goal bonuses
I reckon I'd have put in performances of a similar standard.

Apparently he's "only" on about £25k per week basic, but has appearance and goal bonuses.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: finnquark on January 18, 2021, 04:39:27 PM
Steve Cotterill gets COVID after an outbreak at Shrewsbury, spends time in an ICU and the club simply tweets 'Stay strong gaffer! Let's do you proud tomorrow!'. The idea that they aren't demanding the shitshow be stopped is just mad.

Disappointed that Saints haven't told them to stay the fuck away from St Marys.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 18, 2021, 10:04:25 PM
Thankless task though really. To score from crosses in the box you have to actually be in the box. To get crosses in the box you have to actually have wingers delivering crosses in the box.

He needs to be where he belongs, scoring 10 goals a season in the Championship. If he hangs around that might just happen next season.

Ashley will never learn. No matter how much evidence is presented of how unsuccessful we've been when treading water he's content to let it rot yet again. Absolute fuckwit. On the basis of his wealth it must be a fucking piece of piss to amass it once you've got lucky from your one good idea and cunty lucky break.

Again though, if Bruce goes I actually dread to think who he might get in. Howard Kendall? Someone's ghost?

I'm pretty sure the BBC ran an article after Carroll scored his solitary goal recently titled "The Legend Reborn: How Steve Bruce has got Carroll firing on all cylinders again"

phes

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 19, 2021, 07:10:20 AM
Disappointed that Saints haven't told them to stay the fuck away from St Marys.

Shush. They will do well to remember that it's a privilege afforded to elite sportspeople whose career is reliant on respiration, to be able work through a novel and poorly understood respiratory disease pandemic, in a job that is as good as impossible to do safely.

Thoughts and prayers for Steve

finnquark

National League now telling clubs that the money agreed as a condition for restarting the season will be available in loans, rather than grants as previously understood. So part-time clubs, with no income from gate money, are supposed to load themselves with debt to complete a zombie season. 25 people, some having worked outside their home all week, expected to hop on a bus and drive the length of the country, with absolutely zero testing. It was always comforting knowing that top level football was the business, and the lower down you went the more rooted in reality things became. Non-league without fans is totally redundant, but I guess this is the issue with having a league including Alty and Notts County - they bought players in from Holland and Israel trying to win promotion, so I would imagine they could be fucked without getting back up. It's all so sad.

Mobius

Wonder if Chelsea will chuck Lampard today. 2 nil down at half time.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Mobius on January 19, 2021, 09:08:24 PM
Wonder if Chelsea will chuck Lampard today. 2 nil down at half time.

Still haven't seen him getting any criticism on the back pages though.
Klopp's been getting more, and he's a reigning champion who's lost about 4 games in 2 years!