Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:54:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ways to tighten up this lockdown

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 09, 2021, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 11, 2021, 04:29:32 PM
A competition for the best local social distancer.

You could have a prize giving ceremony, and if the winner turns up they're immediately disqualified.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

shiftwork2

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 11, 2021, 04:29:32 PM
A competition for the best local social distancer.

Save time and resources by finding the CaBbers in your local area.

Cold Meat Platter

Running Man style bomb collars that emit a high pitched beep for 2 seconds before exploding if in proximity to another collar. Mick Fleetwood to be detained for duration.

Sebastian Cobb

They could have patrols of people on hovercrafts that mow people down like in the end of Rumble In the Bronx. Would probably work in shops too.

idunnosomename

spray shit over everything so no one wants to go anywhere

thenoise

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on January 09, 2021, 07:06:40 PMMaybe even a lump sum of cash to anyone who tests positive, to encourage people to get tests.
Hmm.....

Gurke and Hare

An effective contract tracking system and ensure people aren't financially disadvantaged if required to isolate, not the Priti Patel wank fantasies in this thread.

Cuellar

But which is more likely: an effective tracing system and financial support, or the army welding people's doors shut and shooting on sight anyone who sets foot outside?

Bazooka

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 11, 2021, 10:06:25 PM
spray shit over everything so no one wants to go anywhere

If ever there was a time to reintroduce white dog shit back on to our streets, it's now.

Zetetic

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 12, 2021, 02:27:57 PM
An effective contract tracking system and ensure people aren't financially disadvantaged if required to isolate, not the Priti Patel wank fantasies in this thread.
Not sure I'd even bother with the contact tracing if we had the proper financial support.

flotemysost

Quote from: bgmnts on January 11, 2021, 04:22:56 PM
Treat the people like the children they are. Either go full on shaming or congratulate them for staying in. "Clap for quarantiners" or some shit.

That's the problem though, they already are shaming people - it's ramped up big time in the government rhetoric of the current lockdown - while using that to deflect from the blindingly obvious fact they didn't go nearly far enough and haven't been clear enough with the guidance on what we should or shouldn't be doing.

Not denying that lots of people are still being willfully irresponsible twats, and I certainly don't disagree with calling out that behaviour, but a culture of shaming "ordinary" people and encouraging a culture where everyone's an anxious curtain-twitcher[nb]Not knocking people who are concerned by irresponsible behaviour of others - it's really really stressful[/nb]/leaving private companies to call the shots on policies like mask wearing in the workplace, while they get away with actual murder, seems to be exactly what this administration fucking loves.

Admittedly I haven't followed all the latest briefings and statements religiously, but I haven't noticed very much clear, constructive advice on specific behaviours, just haughty finger-wagging along the lines of "we told you but now look what you've done".

thenoise

We need a really well beloved celeb to die of it. Michael Palin perhaps, or Judy Dench.

Chedney Honks

Harry Badger

Quote from: flotemysost on January 12, 2021, 07:44:52 PM
That's the problem though, they already are shaming people - it's ramped up big time in the government rhetoric of the current lockdown - while using that to deflect from the blindingly obvious fact they didn't go nearly far enough and haven't been clear enough with the guidance on what we should or shouldn't be doing.

Not denying that lots of people are still being willfully irresponsible twats, and I certainly don't disagree with calling out that behaviour, but a culture of shaming "ordinary" people and encouraging a culture where everyone's an anxious curtain-twitcher[nb]Not knocking people who are concerned by irresponsible behaviour of others - it's really really stressful[/nb]/leaving private companies to call the shots on policies like mask wearing in the workplace, while they get away with actual murder, seems to be exactly what this administration fucking loves.

Admittedly I haven't followed all the latest briefings and statements religiously, but I haven't noticed very much clear, constructive advice on specific behaviours, just haughty finger-wagging along the lines of "we told you but now look what you've done".

My main man Tim Watkins called this back in April https://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/2020/04/16/this-is-all-your-fault/

Sebastian Cobb

Clone a load of Purple Aki's and have them patrol every town squeezing biceps and that.