Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

A hard date? that's kind of surprising this far out

BlodwynPig

I'm also classified as front line worker...bah, I think they've just passed me by.

Cursus

Quote from: peanutbutter on February 27, 2021, 06:52:13 PM
A hard date? that's kind of surprising this far out

Yes, I thought so too. I know in some parts of the country (e.g., where my parents live) people don't appear to be given a firm date for their next jab.

Pranet

When I booked my first jab I also got given a date for the second. 10 weeks after the first.

earl_sleek

NoSleep

Quote from: Cursus on February 27, 2021, 06:48:54 PM
Had my first jab this afternoon (AstraZeneca). Was given a date in May for the follow up.

They gave you an actual date for the next one? I was given a card stating when I had my first jab which I'll have to present when I go for the second and was told they'll contact me in due course.

kalowski

Me. Astra Zeneca on Friday. I got really fucking hot and tired last night which I claim is a reaction to it, not to my 5 mile run that morning.

BlodwynPig

So all the Cabbers who've had it - you all have comorbidities or are over 65?

I'll call the GP on Monday, the fucking rascals. Blodwyn's razor strikes again - I'd thought "I bet they miss me out" when the vaccines first were announced.

Cuellar

My brother got Pfizered last night. He's 36, no illnesses. His partner has asthma so got it done a few days ago, and he asked if they ever have any left over at the end of the day. The person there said they'd be getting a delivery on Saturday so to come down at the end of the day and hang around and you might get one.

Better than it getting binned I suppose, but I'm not sure why all the folks my age are so desperate to get jabbed. You can't go anywhere or do anything anyway.

Chedney Honks

I heard if you volunteer wiping sweat off the chairs at the vax centres, they give you the vax. As in, I know someone who did that.

I just want mine now and I mean now. I'm convinced I've had the shit, I feel absolutely terrible after fifteen minutes on an exercise bike these days, really dizzy and like I'm going to fall asleep. Could just be perilously unfit from lockdown but it is certainly odd.

olliebean

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 28, 2021, 01:01:19 PM

I'll call the GP on Monday, the fucking rascals. Blodwyn's razor strikes again - I'd thought "I bet they miss me out" when the vaccines first were announced.

Does the invitation come from your GP, or straight from the NHS? If it's from my GP, I'm screwed - they're not exactly efficient at that sort of thing. Based on past performance, I'll probably be invited some time in 2027.

peanutbutter

I'm probably down as having asthma, which I probably do have but I never had it verified, got prescribed some inhalers last February before a trip to a friend's house that has previously fucked with my lungs.

29 years old. I've yet to hear of anyone younger than me getting it.

Was quite feverish last night, very warm and some mild trippng vibes. Seem to be grand today

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Pranet on February 10, 2021, 04:33:08 PMPfizer jab today because of work.

Worst thing about it was that it meant going to Swindon. Swindon town centre and the bus station in particular can have a post apocalyptic feel at the best of times but in lockdown on a freezing day it is a real hellscape.

Quote from: Captain Crunch on February 10, 2021, 04:46:36 PM
I bet you couldn't even cheer yourself up with a delicious wrap from Eggelicious. 

In all seriousness, I do worry about Swindon, they were struggling to fill their office spaces years ago I hate to think what will happen to the town now.

I work sometimes in Swindon, live just outside Swindon. Of course, that meant I had to go to Malmesbury for my Pfizer jab, which was given to me by an NP I knew vaguely by sight... From GWH Swindon.

Swindon's fucked. The empty properties database on the mobile data terminal of our truck is supplemented by a folder of printouts because HQ can't keep the computer updated quick enough.

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: olliebean on February 28, 2021, 08:33:20 PM
Does the invitation come from your GP, or straight from the NHS?

Both/either - at the moment, GPs can book into local vaccination centres, which will likely be bookable by multiple GP surgeries, but are dependent on vaccine deliveries and availability of appointments, and if they're anything like us, they will only find out about these about a week or so ahead of time. This is not the fault of the GP surgery, or the local authority, but just a logistical reality of vaccinating an entire country. Whereas NHS England book into the regional centres. But lists won't always be exactly the same between these, so your name, for example, might come up much sooner via the NHS than your GP (or vice versa), but you are free to wait until you are offered by your GP if you can't travel to the NHS sites (as they are regional, your nearest could still be miles away - the ones patients around here can book into are Bradford, York or Dewsbury, and average of about 20 miles or so). It is an invitation, not a demand. On a personal level, as a GP call handler, I would like to add: I know a lot of people are worried and frustrated, or even feel like they have been missed, but please don't just ring your GP to complain about it and hope that we can magically put you next on the waiting list - every man and his dog is convinced that they, ore someone they know, is the most vulnerable person in the world, and need it now.

NB: this is all subject to change, and may be different in different local authorities. There is talk of GPs being able to offer vaccinations on site at some point (maybe 2nd vaccines in the summer), but not yet happening, unless your local site also happens to be your GP surgery.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Bazooka on March 01, 2021, 02:16:37 PM

I can just imagine the Chinese response:

"It's hardly the rape of Nanking - now BEND OVER!"

Bazooka

It's funny, but I will have to potentially have these done whenever I can get back into China, I'll start sitting on a cactus every night for conditioning.

king_tubby

I shall be feeling a little prick on Saturday morning.

Fishfinger

Had mine yesterday, after receiving a text and a letter out of the blue last Friday. Felt cold-y for a short time last night, fine today except my upper arm's stiff and sore.

In my case the grounds were being registered as a carer for someone with critical vulnerabilities.

king_tubby

I have no idea why I'm getting it (I'm only 46), I have mild asthma but that apparently shouldn't count? Maybe it does. We also think it could be cos we live in a quite a young demographic area and the old people have already been done.

Schrodingers Cat

Managed to have my 2nd jab this morning (Pfizer) a couple of weeks earlier than expected. Apparently there were some extra appointments/spare vaccines after the clinic needed to be rearranged due to late delivery this week, so were offered to local NHS staff. I do feel a bit guilty on some level, as I know people who are much more vulnerable than I am, and also who are much more important to the running of the NHS than me. But, I mean, I wasn't going to turn it down was I?

Inspector Norse

I got a text the other day saying it was time for my vaccination. As a healthy 30-something male living in a country that's only yet vaccinated people living in care and those working with them, I was pretty surprised I can tell you.

And rightly so because it turned out it was actually referring to my top-up TBE vaccination.

Ferris

Quote from: Schrodingers Cat on March 06, 2021, 01:43:20 PM
Managed to have my 2nd jab this morning (Pfizer) a couple of weeks earlier than expected. Apparently there were some extra appointments/spare vaccines after the clinic needed to be rearranged due to late delivery this week, so were offered to local NHS staff. I do feel a bit guilty on some level, as I know people who are much more vulnerable than I am, and also who are much more important to the running of the NHS than me. But, I mean, I wasn't going to turn it down was I?

I've heard of a few people in the UK getting their 2nd jab appointments moved up so I think it must be common. Wonder what's driving it? People declining?

Schrodingers Cat

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 06, 2021, 02:48:00 PM
I've heard of a few people in the UK getting their 2nd jab appointments moved up so I think it must be common. Wonder what's driving it? People declining?

Well, in this case, there was a change/delay to the delivery schedule, so the clinic planned on the 3rd was cancelled and rearranged for today. Everyone who had their appointment cancelled was invited to re-book, but, of course, not everyone did. So now we had leftover vaccines, which would otherwise go to waste, so local NHS employees who had their 1st at the start of January were invited in early. Presumably that causes least disruption to the schedule for the proles elderly and vulnerable. I knew of people who had been given their 1st early earlier in the year (such as those taking elderly parents for their's and being told we had spaces going free so we might as well do them while they were there), but not heard about that happening much recently. At least, not where I am anyway.

Also, can't say I've seen any actual data (regional, national, or even just at my surgery) but I did spend a lot of January, and a bit of February (until we changed the booking system) calling patients to book their vaccines, and I didn't come across many who were declining. In fact, I can only remember one patient who did, and even they said they might call back in a couple of weeks to be put back on the list after talking to their family. And another who was reluctant, but decided to book in, after I told her she could decline it after she spoke to the nurse when she was there.

I would suspect it's just a case of just not filling all available appointments at a clinic for a variety of boring, usual reasons. We send out text invites for patients now, and only send out as many invites as we have appointments available. Sometimes patients haven't updated their contact details with us for a while and so never get it, or can't attend at the time/day of the clinic, but still want it later, that kind of thing.

canadagoose

I had the AstraZeneca and I've reacted terribly to it. It's like having the flu, but with more vomiting and stomach pain. I've filled out a Yellow Card form about it a be requested a home testing kit, just in case I caught COVID when I was out getting the vaccine. It was at the conference centre on Morrison Street and wasn't too busy when I was there.

I've got my jab booked in on Wednesday. Not bad going for a relatively healthy 40-year old. I wonder if living 10 minutes away from one of the massive vaccination centres means my area is a bit ahead of schedule?

Hopefully it's Pfizer as I have heard lots of people react badly to AZ. Not that I'd refuse it of course.

pigamus

Quote from: canadagoose on March 07, 2021, 11:16:32 PM
I had the AstraZeneca and I've reacted terribly to it. It's like having the flu, but with more vomiting and stomach pain. I've filled out a Yellow Card form about it a be requested a home testing kit, just in case I caught COVID when I was out getting the vaccine. It was at the conference centre on Morrison Street and wasn't too busy when I was there.

Yeah same here - first jab on the Friday, vomiting all day Saturday, fine on Sunday - think a lot of people are going to be refusing the second dose.

canadagoose

Quote from: pigamus on March 08, 2021, 07:28:37 AM
Yeah same here - first jab on the Friday, vomiting all day Saturday, fine on Sunday - think a lot of people are going to be refusing the second dose.
Mine was on Friday too! Although I'm still feeling a bit shit, it does seem to be a bit better than it was yesterday morning (bleh). I wonder if it's a diabetic thing.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: canadagoose on March 07, 2021, 11:16:32 PM

sorry to hear this - I hate vomiting more than anything so really not liking these 'revelations' from jabbed Cabbers. I'm going to livestream my post-jab retching on here so I can feel supported.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: canadagoose on March 08, 2021, 07:34:30 AM
Mine was on Friday too! Although I'm still feeling a bit shit, it does seem to be a bit better than it was yesterday morning (bleh). I wonder if it's a diabetic thing.

I'll ask my colleague as she was off a day but not a diabetic - she didn't mention symptoms.

Do they warn you about side effects at the centre?