Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:56:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 30, 2021, 04:06:57 PM
Street battles among the various Wimblewrong Ultras
So, it's true, then - the time of The Gathering is upon us.

The Mollusk

Ohoooo yeah the lethargy is pretty heavy now. Two strong ales, a few puffs of hash and half a pack of Bourbon biscuits isn't making it any easier but wow I cannot be fucked to lift a finger for the rest of the evening. Early bedtime on a Saturday and I am very okay with that.

Ferris

Fair play the sleep I had after my rough day of Moderna was amazing. You are going to Snoozy Town. Very jealous.

buttgammon

Had my second Pfizer today. I'm feeling fine apart from a sore arm but time will tell, because I've been assured that any side effects are likely to hit you the next day.

bgmnts

Got a feeling my chronic poor health has shielded me from any negative effects of both jabs.

Result!

non capisco

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 30, 2021, 07:25:11 PM
Ohoooo yeah the lethargy is pretty heavy now. Two strong ales, a few puffs of hash and half a pack of Bourbon biscuits isn't making it any easier but wow I cannot be fucked to lift a finger for the rest of the evening. Early bedtime on a Saturday and I am very okay with that.

Check out this MELT. Off to his bed in his gown at half past 7[nb]his normal bedtime every night[/nb]with his wee willie winkie hat and little candle on a tray, thinking it was Saturday when it was actually still Friday. Absolutely embarrassing, am I right gang?

The Mollusk

Hehehe

Wow I was absolutely battered last night. Kept falling asleep watching telly so had to drag myself to bed at 9pm. I felt freezing cold when I got undressed so wrapped up in my dressing gown and crawled under the covers. It took me ages to warm up and then gradually just felt intensely hotter, thrashed off the gown and slept very restlessly for a while, bizarre dreams, kept waking up almost falling out the bed from shifting about so much, generally feeling extremely feverish and warped. Just woke up feeling sluggish as hell but feeling a lot better. That was quite a ride.

mothman

Your experience sounds very similar to me after my first AZ.

The Mollusk

Yeah my fiancée had v similar symptoms. Phew, I went back to bed and slept another 2-3 hours or something just now. My antibodies presumably are RIPPED TO THE FUCKEN TITS now. Ready to take on the world!!! Or at least, go for a little walk round the local park.

All Surrogate

I had my second jab this morning (Pfizer). The first was completely fine, and I'm feeling well at the moment, but from the reports in here, I won't count my chickens. So I have the perfect excuse to take it easy for the rest of today.

The Mollusk

Get ready to TRIP YOUR FUCKIN NUT tomorrow!

All Surrogate

So I'll be FULL ON MENTALIST in church[nb]I won't be in church.[/nb] then.

Beagle 2

Second AZ clotomatic jab yesterday. Felt absolutely fine after the first one, today I feel like death warmed up. Also the first time I didn't even notice she had pricked me but this time it was like getting shanked in a car park. Really hard day at work tomorrow, unskippable , hope I am recovered and can retain my hard man status.

All Surrogate

Well, despite the hype, today I have nothing worse than a bit of a sore arm. Is it wrong to feel slightly disappointed? Maybe it's just biding its time - dead soon.

pancreas

buttgammon

Started getting the odd wave of dizziness, clamminess and malaise over the weekend. I've been sleeping well and feeling rested when I wake up; the morning after I got the second jab, I had the same feeling as waking up after being stoned.

JaDanketies

Coldsores popped up shortly after the second Vax. I assume herpes saw my immune system was busy and took advantage.

If society put as much effort into eliminating herpes as it did into eliminating COVID, I wouldn't have this problem. C'mon boffins. You've had long enough to figure out herpes.

What's especially annoying is that my mum is taking her grandson for a few days starting tomorrow, to give me and my fiance the opportunity for some relaxed romantic days together. And then herpes pops up in advance, like "remember me? I'm coming on this romantic getaway, too! I'll just hitch a ride on your lips - you weren't planning on using them, right?"

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: JaDanketies on August 02, 2021, 09:11:30 AM
Coldsores popped up shortly after the second Vax. I assume herpes saw my immune system was busy and took advantage.

If society put as much effort into eliminating herpes as it did into eliminating COVID, I wouldn't have this problem. C'mon boffins. You've had long enough to figure out herpes.

What's especially annoying is that my mum is taking her grandson for a few days starting tomorrow, to give me and my fiance the opportunity for some relaxed romantic days together. And then herpes pops up in advance, like "remember me? I'm coming on this romantic getaway, too! I'll just hitch a ride on your lips - you weren't planning on using them, right?"

Weird, I got a coldsore literally 2 days after the first one, I made the assumption it was a immune system response too.

Blue Jam

Off to get dose zwei of Vorsprung Durch Technik now. Then I'm gonna sleep for 18 hours throw a kettle over a pub.

druss

Feeling quite sad about having the vaccine, I know that all of the medical staff with years of training are saying it's the right thing to do but a guy at the pub said I was a sheep and a slave and that the only ones with true freedom are those not taking the jab. Feel so stupid.

Blinder Data

got Pfizered for second time yesterday. arm hurts less than the first but I am way more knackered and occasionally get chills. let's hope that's the worst of it

flotemysost

Quote from: JaDanketies on August 02, 2021, 09:11:30 AM

Ahh man, that's rubbish. One of my colleagues has a recurring coldsore and it's come back raging after she got jabbed, she keeps having her camera off during work meetings because she's so self conscious about it. Hope your viral third wheel gets the hint!

I don't want to make any assumptions because there are so many different factors that can affect this, but after the brutal period I had following my first jab, the one that I've had so far following the second has been a dream, barely there, which almost never happens to me. If that's a lasting effect that would be amazing, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Icehaven

I've finally got my second one tomorrow, was supposed to be last week but had to isolate with my other half for 10 days after he tested positive. I've only been going into work 2 days a week since last August and couldn't work out why I'd initially booked my second jab for a day when I wasn't in work as the vacc centre is on my commute. Then I realised when I first booked it back in May I'd blithely assumed I'd be back in full time by now. Ha!

Sebastian Cobb

Had my second one today, the nurse spotted my bike helmet and called me a 'brave boy' which was nice, but then immediately asked my date of birth which ends in 1986. The nurse giveth and the nurse taketh away.

Blue Jam

I've been hearing that with El Clotto the second dose has milder side effects than the first, but with those hipster mRNA vaccines it's the other way round. Pfully Pfizered here as of Monday, and as I had been led to expect the side effects were a bit worse- the jet lag tiredness hit after 8 hours rather than 36 (and I'm still feeling a bit wiped out now) and my collarbone gland popped right up around the same time. I also got that weird burning sensation in my palms a bit worse than before. Cool to see how fast my ribosomes can get translatin' I guess.

I've also got a new symptom- a bit of soft tissue swelling in my neck, immediately above the swollen gland. Not heard of that one before, I'm hoping it's just an aggressively swollen gland preventing lymphatic drainage rather than DEAD SOON

Icehaven

Had my second one this morning and had mild pins and needles and weakness in that arm's hand all morning. It was so bad at first I could barely hold a pen, and it's eased off a bit now but still feels odd. The day after I had the first one my arm was absolutely killing and I had the shivers/headache etc., but only for a day or so and fairly mildly, so I guess I've got that to look forward to tomorrow. 

Inspector Norse

Sitting in the church where they just fired a second jolt of Pfizer into my arm (the medical tem who are using the church, not the priests, I should point out). Had no side effects from the first jab but half hoping I'm laid out with mild fever this time so I can skip the planned four-hour drive tomorrow and spend the day on the sofa instead.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 05, 2021, 02:50:08 PM
Sitting in the church where they just fired a second jolt of Pfizer into my arm (the medical tem who are using the church, not the priests, I should point out). Had no side effects from the first jab but half hoping I'm laid out with mild fever this time so I can skip the planned four-hour drive tomorrow and spend the day on the sofa instead.

I kind of hoped I was poorly enough to not have to work and could slob around but as it happens my arm just hurt a fair bit more than last time.

greencalx

Well, that was fun. My wife, who got her 2nd AZ dose last week, had developed a headache that paracetamol wouldn't shift, and got worse when she lied down. She called the GP to get the lowdown and was advised to head to A&E. Got admitted last night, brain scan this morning. "It's a headache" appears to be the verdict, apparently.

mothman

Well, that's a relief - I hope? Or are further tests planned?