Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 12, 2021, 07:27:03 AM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I know this is something I need to do but I'm finding myself still a bit spooked by the potential side effects (particularly the heart stuff) and the idea of getting boosters. I'll probably get the Pfizer if I do - but they've now announced that Australia will be getting some Moderna in the next month, so is there a particular difference?

It's one of those things where I think my anxiety is getting the better of me and I'm not sure how to overcome it.

Moderna is basically the same as Pfizer (our health service approves mixing and matching for first/second jabs because they consider them functionally the same). I had two Moderna jabs and was fine. They've given out billions of these things, you'll be fine.

chveik

Quote from: Drygate on August 12, 2021, 11:26:11 AM
It wasn't a great link but if you Google it there are 1000s of sites to choose from. That one was just at the top in ddg.

cheers for the choosing the fascist one

JamesTC

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 10, 2021, 04:50:16 PM
Perhaps I have tuberculosis. Still want me to gob in your mouth?

Arsed mate. Vaccinated.

zomgmouse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 12, 2021, 11:38:08 AM
Moderna is basically the same as Pfizer (our health service approves mixing and matching for first/second jabs because they consider them functionally the same). I had two Moderna jabs and was fine. They've given out billions of these things, you'll be fine.

I think I just get fixated on "but what if I'm one of the few who get a bad reaction" and can't go from there. It's really frustrating because I know I should just get it.

Thomas

2nd jab of Pfizer yesterday

feel like pure shit just want the comparatively mild effects of the first dose back

Ferris

Quote from: zomgmouse on August 13, 2021, 10:38:46 AM
I think I just get fixated on "but what if I'm one of the few who get a bad reaction" and can't go from there. It's really frustrating because I know I should just get it.

I think you know that doesn't make sense! Not sure if it changes your risk assessment (you are in Australia I think?) but largely avoiding the waves understandably makes it feel more like a hypothetical risk of virus vs some side effects.

I was in Toronto for the first wave and it was very scary, so my generalized anxiety worked the exact opposite - I got the first vaccine appointment I could, and moved it up as much as possible to be done as soon as possible. I feel much better about the world at large now I'm dosed.

Book an appointment, and just run there without thinking and you'll be done.

zomgmouse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 13, 2021, 01:34:26 PM
I think you know that doesn't make sense! Not sure if it changes your risk assessment (you are in Australia I think?) but largely avoiding the waves understandably makes it feel more like a hypothetical risk of virus vs some side effects.

I was in Toronto for the first wave and it was very scary, so my generalized anxiety worked the exact opposite - I got the first vaccine appointment I could, and moved it up as much as possible to be done as soon as possible. I feel much better about the world at large now I'm dosed.

Book an appointment, and just run there without thinking and you'll be done.

Yeah you're probably right. I'm gonna at least call my GP and have a chat.

flotemysost

FWIW, most people I know had one of the mRNA vaccines (including people with existing heart conditions) and anecdotally the general consensus seems to be first dose = mate did it even go in or what, second dose = bit drowsy around 24 hours after, but absolutely fine after that (as many of the posts on this thread testify as well). Appreciate I'm in a different part of the world, but the relief and reassurance of knowing I'm far better protected against getting ill or passing it to others is honestly immeasurable and 100% worth an evening of feeling a bit sleepy.

Anxiety and hesitancy is understandable though, talking to your GP sounds like a good idea as they'll be able to answer any specific worries with BOFFIN SCIENCE

Butchers Blind

Got my 2nd jab this afternoon of Pfizer. Had no side effects from the first one, should I expect any from the second?

Chedney Honks

More common with the second with Pfizer. More common with the first with AZ.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 14, 2021, 11:10:46 AM
Got my 2nd jab this afternoon of Pfizer. Had no side effects from the first one, should I expect any from the second?
Purely anecdotal, of course, but I didn't seem to have any.

Chedney Honks

Unfortunately that means you have no immune response. :(

Neomod

Like the status quo it seems I hardly had any side effects from first dose but the second dose knocked me out 24 hours later. Day after that I was fine.

Worst it will do is make you feel knackered.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 14, 2021, 11:18:45 AM
More common with the second with Pfizer. More common with the first with AZ.

OK. Will report back. Honestly just happy to get them done.

non capisco

I honestly look back at my evening feeling absolutely wiped out by the first dose of AZ with a huge amount of nostalgic fondness. Lying there feeling fucking terrible (as the "hot chimp jizz pulsed through my system" to quote flotemysost) but knowing that meant it was working and therefore I might get to have more of a normal social life soon, almost blissful in a strange way. Felt a bit cheated when the second dose did fuck all, like a dud pinger from a bloke at a festival.

C_Larence

Had my second Pfizer yesterday. Didn't get any arm pain from the first one but today feel like someone punched me right in the tricep. A day or two after the first jab I had a weird bout of chills that lasted a couple of hours, so I was expecting this to be much worse, but so far I'm just a little tired, achy and slightly queasy.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Chedney Honks on August 14, 2021, 12:35:51 PM
Unfortunately that means you have no immune response. :(
I have an immune response and that response is, "Arsed, mate. Cigs."

Blue Jam

Quote from: C_Larence on August 14, 2021, 02:28:06 PM
Had my second Pfizer yesterday. Didn't get any arm pain from the first one but today feel like someone punched me right in the tricep.

Isn't that down to injection technique? For my first dose of Pfizer I barely felt it going in (oo-er) but with the second one I wondered if the nurse was trying to reach Australia and my arm was in the way. I also bled a bit with the first one but not at all with the second, bit of a bloodless coup going on in my tricep there. I also had a slight dead arm for about an hour after dose 1 but none of that with dose 2

Still got a slightly swollen collarbone lymph node and a bit of puffiness in the neck tissue over it. Hope all that fucks off soon.

Jollity

Just got my second Pfizer. No effects so far, but it's been about an hour, and it took a few hours for my arm to start hurting a bit last time.

I might be a bit tired as well, but I'm always a bit tired.

Blue Jam

Sweet dreams Jollity. I had a bloody good night's sleep about 7 hours after my second dose. Took about 30 hours for the "I feel absolutely fine- oh hang on oh gawd this is like jetlag I need to go to bed IMMEDIATELY" moment to arrive with dose numero eins.

Feel like I got off lightly tbh. No chills or fever, just a feeling that this Pfizer malarkey is even better than melatonin. I could go for another one tbh.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 14, 2021, 06:30:07 PM
Isn't that down to injection technique?

I wondered that too. Got my second from an army man and the guy wasn't fucking about, shoulder felt very sore for a day compared to the kindly pharmacist who did my first one.

Butchers Blind

Had my 2nd Pfizer jab. All good, no side effects, yet. Look forward to integrating back into society.

Blue Jam

Anyone else had the hot palms side effect with the mRNA jabs? The one that's obviously not from wanking?

Chollis

Had 2nd Pfizer yesterday morning. Was fine all day, woke up this morning and feel like SHIT

Chedney Honks

Sounds like it's working, which is a good sign. 👍

Could also be the first stages of a terrible deadly reaction :(

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Chollis on August 15, 2021, 11:54:53 AM
Had 2nd Pfizer yesterday morning. Was fine all day, woke up this morning and feel like SHIT

That was the same for me yesterday after my 2nd on Saturday. Felt hungover all day. All good today though.

zomgmouse

Quote from: flotemysost on August 14, 2021, 10:19:26 AM
FWIW, most people I know had one of the mRNA vaccines (including people with existing heart conditions) and anecdotally the general consensus seems to be first dose = mate did it even go in or what, second dose = bit drowsy around 24 hours after, but absolutely fine after that (as many of the posts on this thread testify as well). Appreciate I'm in a different part of the world, but the relief and reassurance of knowing I'm far better protected against getting ill or passing it to others is honestly immeasurable and 100% worth an evening of feeling a bit sleepy.

Anxiety and hesitancy is understandable though, talking to your GP sounds like a good idea as they'll be able to answer any specific worries with BOFFIN SCIENCE

Weirdly he didn't really have much BOFFIN SCIENCE to offer, more just an offhand basic risk answer - though he did say he recommended getting the Pfizer if I could. It was more just nice to have a throwaway confidence. I've now booked one for next week. I'll see how I go.

Quote from: non capisco on August 14, 2021, 01:04:26 PM
as the "hot chimp jizz pulsed through my system" to quote flotemysost)

This is more convincing than any medical reason tbh

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 14, 2021, 11:10:46 AM

How's your penis looking?

imitationleather