Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernice

frajer

Had my 2nd Phizer booked in for early September but this morning NHS said I could rebook for an earlier date, so now getting it in the arm tomorrow. Slam it in me, doc!

Ferris

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 13, 2021, 01:34:26 PM
a hypothetical risk of virus vs some side effects.

Thought this was an interesting tool. I'm more likely to be hospitalized than I thought (or would be if I wasn't vaccinated).

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/covid-pandemic-mortality-risk-estimator

The mRNA vaccines reduce your chance of getting the virus 25 fold, and the serious cases reduce by a few orders of magnitude (last I read, anyway), so my 2% chance of hospitalization drops to basically zero.

It's helpful to see that stuff laid out in front of you if you're hovering on the edge of getting a vaccine or not.

Norton Canes

Canes Jr. (aged 17) had his second vaccination at about half five this afternoon. Got home, couple of hours later complained of feeling unwell, took a lateral flow test, positive.

mothman

bgmnts

Well at least he didn't get 5g aids.

Seriously though that's a fucker. Hope he gets well soon.

Fr.Bigley

Had second one yesterday morning, felt OK for a few hours...fast forward to 1am and I'm high fever, cold sweats, shaking like a shitting dog and hallucinating. Feel like absolute dog shit. Thank god I have the day off.

mothman

Eldest (sixteen and a half) has had text from GP inviting her to book (and specifying it'll be Pfizer). But she's only being offered days before we get back from holiday, with no later days being added as time goes on - and only late afternoon/evening appointments at that.

Midas

Had my second jab today.
n  i  c  e  !

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Jab #2 done. They gave me a new card and stamped the second bit rather than stamping the second part of my already stamped first card, which made me irrationally angry. The anger might possibly be a side effect though, just have to wait and see.

Mr Farenheit

First shot (Astra) yesterday. Surprised to have not much in the way of side effects. Jabbed in the morning then spent the rest of the day in queues, roaming the streets of Saigon for food. The government had just announced that from Monday no-one can leave their house at all, no delivery services and food distribution will be organised by the army for the next 2 weeks, which meant that the streets were completely packed after weeks of being eerily quiet. Pretty chaotic scenes, it was like.... Saigon out there.

Midas

Never had any side effects after the first jab but today I feel extremely weak and fatigued.

Midas

Better now but still shite. Unable to sleep. Just lying in bed thinking ugh, so sleepy, ugh, so weary and that's it. Most pointless span of consciousness I've had in a while; I may as well have been born a slug.

Vitalstatistix

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on August 22, 2021, 06:13:19 AM
First shot (Astra) yesterday. Surprised to have not much in the way of side effects. Jabbed in the morning then spent the rest of the day in queues, roaming the streets of Saigon for food. The government had just announced that from Monday no-one can leave their house at all, no delivery services and food distribution will be organised by the army for the next 2 weeks, which meant that the streets were completely packed after weeks of being eerily quiet. Pretty chaotic scenes, it was like.... Saigon out there.

Hunkered down in Hanoi here. HCMC sounds like a shitshow. Hope you stocked up with some snacks to go with your military-issued gruel.

Drygate

Is this a bit overly pessimistic?

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/fading-vaccine-efficacy-and-booster

Quotethose who were vaccinated in february are showing roughly twice the infection rates of those vaccinated in april. that's a 50% drop in sterilizing immunity over a 2 month interval.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Drygate on August 23, 2021, 07:59:44 AM

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/fading-vaccine-efficacy-and-booster

No, to be expected, the protection will reduce over time. This winter will be very, very bad.

Drygate

Do you think it would've been better to wait to get the jabs until nearer winter when cases will be higher and more indoor stuff will be going on?

Seems like it was a waste to have them in the summer when cases are so low.

Or will we all get a booster?

Norton Canes

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 17, 2021, 10:31:33 PM
Canes Jr. (aged 17) had his second vaccination at about half five this afternoon. Got home, couple of hours later complained of feeling unwell, took a lateral flow test, positive

...and, six days later, I get a positive lateral flow test too. Looks like that drum n' bass night last week wasn't such a good idea after all, was it, Canes Jr.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Drygate on August 23, 2021, 08:35:33 PM
Do you think it would've been better to wait to get the jabs until nearer winter when cases will be higher and more indoor stuff will be going on?

Personally, I think it'll end up in annual COVID shots, like for flu but more critical

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Vitalstatistix on August 23, 2021, 03:16:43 AM
Hunkered down in Hanoi here. HCMC sounds like a shitshow. Hope you stocked up with some snacks to go with your military-issued gruel.
Cheers! Yep, definitely a shit show just now (although case numbers have stabilised and a lot of people have received shots). Lost track of the different policy changes over the last few days, seems to have settled down now to no-one allowed out and local districts to distribute food instead of the military. At one point restrictions would have depended on whether you're in a green, yellow, orange or red zone. Unfortunately there was no information about which zone anyone was in!

Fully stocked up I think, definitely bought too much cheese though. Seems to be possible to buy stuff from the local People's Committee as well...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dubberjabbed since yesterday in Greabitern

It's knocked me for 6 this one. Zonked, fever, aches all over, close to impossible to get proper sleep which then compounds the feeling the next day.

These antibodies had better fucking work.

frajer

Got the 2nd Pfizer last week too. Felt rough but ok on Thursday evening, but then was up at 2.30am to ride the vomit train and felt fatigued and headachey all weekend. Not much worse than I've felt after a night out really though, and pretty much back to normal now.

Massively glad and relieved to have had both shots. Feel incredibly fortunate to have access to it and feel sorry for people who want it but can't get it. Was fucking great to see that the site where I had my second jab had been taking walk-ins all week, and was packed to the rafters when I got there.

katzenjammer

Quote from: Drygate on August 23, 2021, 07:59:44 AM

Yes. That whole blog seems to be quite anti mask and anti vax.

As for Israel the data they are giving out is incomplete so difficult to draw conclusions from, and hence easy to spin your own hysterical narrative if you want.

This article explains it well

QuoteThe bottom line is there is very strong evidence that the vaccines have high efficacy protecting against severe disease, even for Delta, and even in these Israeli data that on the surface appear to suggest the Pfizer vaccine might have waning efficacy.  This is clearly evident if the data are analyzed carefully, and agrees with all other published results to date from other countries.

https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/israeli-data-how-can-efficacy-vs-severe-disease-be-strong-when-60-of-hospitalized-are-vaccinated

olliebean

I don't suppose anyone knows the answer to this, but I wonder if there's any correlation between how bad the side effects from vaccination were, and how bad the symptoms are in a breakthrough infection.

Drygate

From what I've read, if you've had covid then the jabs, you're "breakthrough" infection isn't bad. But if you've only had the vaccines then it isn't fun.

mothman

It's impossible to know though. I'm not aware of having had it, but my reactions to the first jab were brief and for the second nonexistent. If I did have it at some point I either had no symptoms at all, or I was one of the first in this country, as I had a brief cough and temperature in late Dec 2019, ten days after a weekend in Prague.

chveik

get jabbed or stfu

Ferris

I wouldn't make any health decisions on the basis of a forum full of mentally ill bald men. By all accounts, covid is a pretty nasty way to go and if you can remove that risk by getting a shot, do it.

Get on the vaccines you wally.

Norton Canes

Yeah just get vaccinated ASAP.

I tested positive yesterday and have been feeling rough, rough, rough ever since. Don't want to think what it would've been like if I hadn't been double vaccinated.

Norton Canes