Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

I have all these conditions but because I think "be a real man and hope it goes away" I end up missing out.

olliebean

Two days and 12 hours on from the injection now, and having had the very mild feverish/woozy feeling on and off throughout yesterday and then feeling fine for most of today, I thought I'd got off easily. But my arm didn't start hurting until this evening, and now it feels like it's been repeatedly punched right where the needle went in.

shiftwork2

Note the hole's location and make sure the second one goes in there too.  Winner.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: mothman on March 26, 2021, 09:45:59 AM
I did have a few nights of quite vivid dreams, which seems to be a common report.

Another pre jab symptom! On bus to get it now, feel like shit and arm hurting!

bakabaka

My arm feels a little bit bruised. If I poke it.

But I'll be manly and ignore it - until it hurts a little bit more, at which point I will roundly whinge and complain to everyone in earshot. Manlily.

Chedney Honks

I was actually offered the jab for this afternoon if they've got any left over (apparently they always have) but I'm not sure, seems a bit dodgy. I don't want the backwash jabs.

badaids

Well. That was a horrible 24 hours post jab. Some of the worst fever I've ever had - spent all day in bed. Fragile this morning. Hope the second one won't be as bad as that.

pigamus

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 27, 2021, 12:22:27 AM
Note the hole's location and make sure the second one goes in there too.  Winner.

Publication of The Peter Sutcliffe Diaries "clearly a mistake", says Penguin spokesman

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: badaids on March 27, 2021, 07:57:11 AM
Well. That was a horrible 24 hours post jab. Some of the worst fever I've ever had - spent all day in bed. Fragile this morning. Hope the second one won't be as bad as that.

Fucking hell. How long did it take until symptoms came on?

steveh

Had the jab on Thursday but apart from tiredness yesterday haven't had any side effects - wonder how much having had Covid already affects this.

mothman

In the past 24 hours I've had a whole range of adverse reactions... from "if you have a bad reaction that means you probably have already had COVID" to "if you have a bad reaction, that means if you'd caught COVID you'd probably have died." God, people are stupid.

badaids

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2021, 09:13:43 AM
Fucking hell. How long did it take until symptoms came on?

I had the first AZ jab in the later afternoon of Thursday, felt fine but woke up on Friday feeling shite. Got worse all day, what I imagine doing cold turkey might be like. Spent all day in bed in the end feverish, burning and aching. Woke up today feeling fragile but better.

Dr Rock

Having it tomorrow. Was unconcerned until I read this thread.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: badaids on March 27, 2021, 11:46:00 AM
I had the first AZ jab in the later afternoon of Thursday, felt fine but woke up on Friday feeling shite. Got worse all day, what I imagine doing cold turkey might be like. Spent all day in bed in the end feverish, burning and aching. Woke up today feeling fragile but better.

It's been 5.5 hours and I'm lethargic and a burning right leg (but that might be my DVT from working at home too much). It's a comforting feeling of illness so far. I expect by bed time, the hell will arrive.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 27, 2021, 02:00:35 PM
It's been 5.5 hours and I'm lethargic and a burning right leg (but that might be my DVT from working at home too much). It's a comforting feeling of illness so far. I expect by bed time, the hell will arrive.

You've read and postulated your own side effects. You should have put your hands on your ears and la la la la la la for the last fortnight. You've no one but yourself to blame for this.

jobotic

Am I the only one on here who hasn't had it??

Chedney Honks

BlodwynPig

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on March 27, 2021, 03:47:01 PM
You've read and postulated your own side effects. You should have put your hands on your ears and la la la la la la for the last fortnight. You've no one but yourself to blame for this.

I blame you and only you.

boki

Man's been stabbed up. Hope I hear the XP shutdown Jingle every time I go to sleep.

bakabaka

I'm curious whether the reactions are different for the different vaccines.
I had the Pfizer and both times just felt a bit under the weather for 36 hours.

Are the people who are getting bad reactions on the AZ or Pfizer? or are they both much of a muchness?

pigamus

olliebean

One difference I've heard of is that the Pfizer reaction tends to be worse with the second dose than the first, while the AZ is the other way round.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: boki on March 27, 2021, 05:17:36 PM
Man's been stabbed up. Hope I hear the XP shutdown Jingle every time I go to sleep.

Sleep well, sweet prince (I'm in the same boat, no massive reaction just fatigue and heavy limbs - but I reckon I had DVT before the jab and the ankle is ice cold, so I'm more worried about that).

Quote from: bakabaka on March 27, 2021, 05:50:38 PM
I'm curious whether the reactions are different for the different vaccines.
I had the Pfizer and both times just felt a bit under the weather for 36 hours.

Are the people who are getting bad reactions on the AZ or Pfizer? or are they both much of a muchness?

I had the AstraZeneca jab on Monday afternoon and seem to have got away with feeling alright afterwards.  Thought maybe there might have been a delayed reaction as I felt fine on the day of the jab and the following day (just a bit more tired than usual), but the only thing I've had all week is a slightly tender arm where the injection went in, but that's pretty much worn off now.

Twit 2

Had the ASTRA yesterday. Barely even have a sore arm, and certainly no symptoms of anything. SIC ITUR AD ASTRA, CUNTOS

Bob-Kate

Had AZ yesterday. No alarming symptoms. I've had a bit of a temperature and woke up too early feeling a bit off, have that fuzzy 'coming down with a bug' fogginess and difficulty concentrating. That's all so far.

Really impressed with the vaccine centre - makes me want to get more jabs!

Chedney Honks

Hot damn, this old town must house the most ill-health band of comorbid cranks, y'ever did see. Congratulations and be well, to the lot of you!

gib

jabbed yesterday morning, feel like pure shit, cheers

BlodwynPig

I feel like a Leprechaun in high spring. A cotton wool tiredness and heavy limbs - quite enjoyable and dreams of Tony Benn and keys to the minotaur's lair. Hope I'm not eating my words later on.