Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

They wouldn't inject it right up my urethra as requested but it's done.

Oh what's this? A deadly Indian variant!

hamfist

Just got my appointments - may 7th they're gunna shoot that good shit into my vein

I want some Sputnik but guess we don't get that in the uk

Got the call from my GP for leftover jabs, ran straight over and got vaxxed right up with a lovely drop of Pfizer. Looking forward to gaining my superpower over the next couple of days. Hope it's flight.

notjosh

Celebrated the nice weather with a lovely cool vial of Pfizer yesterday. Heard there were spares at a GP not far from me and just walked in and got it. From what the volunteers manning the queues were saying it's pretty common that they have spares and I think they might even end up chucking some away. Definitely worth a stroll down to your local vaccine centre towards the end of the day to ask about it.

non capisco

Do you also get the second dose booked if you get lucky on an off chance walk in?

jobotic

I played by the rules and got stuck with crappy old AZ. There's a lesson there.

notjosh

Quote from: non capisco on April 18, 2021, 09:26:15 AM
Do you also get the second dose booked if you get lucky on an off chance walk in?

Yeah, someone was logging it in whatever system they have and said I should get a call, but I should call them if I haven't heard after 10 weeks.

H-O-W-L

Got my Pfizer and I feel fine and there's no side effeALL HAIL THE NEW FLESH ALL HAIL THE NEW GOD YIELD TO STEEL WORSHIP THE MAJESTY OF GODKIND SHODAN

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Fully jabbed up with some OG Pfizer stuff. Feel alright.

Gulftastic

2nd astrazeneca jab done and dusted. I'm immune. Effectively, a super power.

H-O-W-L

arm hurts like a bastard and i've had funky mental symptoms all day but otherwise OK i think

timebug

Just had my second jab. First one gave me every side effect listed on the sheet they issue, but friends who have had number two ahead of me, generally say no effect at all. I hope so. The first lot was only for twelve hours or so, but it was a bugger and I hope for no repeat this time!

NoSleep

Booked for my 2nd AZ shot, beginning of May.

gilbertharding

I wear a garmin watch, and I was scrolling back through the 'stress monitor' function. It usually says something like 'you' ve had enough restful moments through today to balance out the stress reactions'. Some days it says 'you have had very few restful moments today. Try to relax'. A few weeks back I saw it said 'you had almost no restful moments this day,' and warned that I may become exhausted if I carried on like that. I tried to remember what had happened that day. My wife reminded me that it was the day after my jab.

Out of curiosity I scrolled back to the day I crashed my bike and spent the afternoon in casualty - and apparently that was less 'stressful' than that.

The Culture Bunker

Had my second (Pfizer) shot today - certainly give me a lot more of a sore arm than last time, but no other effects. My boss had the same, though, and felt like rubbish for two days, though she is a bit older than me and has had serious health issues in the not-too distant past.

Harry Badger

Got my first jab tomorrow evening (I'm 41). Had THREE friends tell me that they aren't getting it because of reasons. Really not what I wanted to fucking hear. Still getting it though.

Billy

So being a 32 year old with no health issues that give any priority treatment, I strolled up to a vaccine centre on a whim tonight around 6 (one I didn't even know existed) and asked if any spares were available, fully expecting to be told to fuck off and wait your turn you millennial shit. So when they replied "Yeah mate we have loads, come in" it genuinely threw me a bit, and I sat for 10 mins in the Under 45s Waiting Area where I talked to a friendly 31-year-old foreign couple, who were just walking down King St and were approached by staff asking if they fancied a vax tonight. First dose done!

AstraZeneca only there so as long as you're born in the 80s, the 80s (or pre-April '91 which is basically the same) you're all good, and 3 hours later I'm feelin' fine as Ultrabeat sang in my youth, but fully expecting/preparing to feel like shit tomorrow so had some paracetamol just in case and I have a day off of nothing planned anyway. Lovely telling the news to my long-ago vaxxed girlfriend and family.

Now OPEN THE PUBS etc.

mothman

Nicely done Billy! More people should be doing it - possibly? They seem to be coy on numbers of unused (=wasted) vaccines or walk-ins; obviously they don't want to be inundated and have people going out of their way or congregating in large numbers... pondering the morality of using this method to get my second jab (it's been four weeks after all) - if you know for certain a jab is going to be wasted, and there was nobody else there, it'd be OK I guess..?

popcorn

Fucking hell, you can just walk into vaccine joints and ask? Is that likely to work anywhere?

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on April 20, 2021, 11:10:12 PM
Fucking hell, you can just walk into vaccine joints and ask? Is that likely to work anywhere?

It's been suggested as government policy here because dipshit boomers don't want astra zeneca. Call up the pharmacy and get a chekky vaccine at the end of the day.

Course, I've not bothered because end of the day I'm doing childcare and full of cocaine but I'm assuming a lot of people are doing it on the hush hush.

popcorn

FredNurke

My money's on Edward the Confessor.

Billy

Quote from: popcorn on April 20, 2021, 11:14:13 PM
dare I ask which King St this was?

Hammersmith, Laandan Taan.

(still not dying)

NoSleep

Quote from: popcorn on April 20, 2021, 11:10:12 PM

The vaccination centre nearby me states "appointment only" outside. Maybe you have to go round the back alley to ask.

Ferris

Quote from: NoSleep on April 21, 2021, 01:56:09 PM
The vaccination centre nearby me states "appointment only" outside. Maybe you have to go round the back alley to ask.

Stand outside the vax centre window with a boombox held above your head and profess your love for skipping the queue. Worked for me.

Mr Banlon

Missus had her second AZ jab a couple of days ago. No side effects this time.
She was at the hospital for a non-Covid related reason yesterday. The doctor asked if she'd had the vaccines and whether she had side-effects from the first one. She said yes. He said the side-effects were because she had already been exposed to Covid.

Jack Shaftoe

Had my first AZ jab last week, second booked in for end of May. Mildly sore arm for a couple of days, felt a bit tired and woozy the following morning, but had a couple of paracetamol and completely forgot about it.

popcorn

Just tried my luck at my nearest place. They said they sometimes give them to people at the end of the day if they've got some left over. I said "Ah right, well, I only live around the corner so perhaps I'll pop back". At this they all laughed, I don't know why, I must have appeared opportunistic.

So I was almost literally laughed out of the vaccination centre.

Thanks a lot Billy. Now I'll never be vaccinated and die.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mr Banlon on April 21, 2021, 02:49:11 PM
Missus had her second AZ jab a couple of days ago. No side effects this time.
She was at the hospital for a non-Covid related reason yesterday. The doctor asked if she'd had the vaccines and whether she had side-effects from the first one. She said yes. He said the side-effects were because she had already been exposed to Covid.

heard that as well. I guess I never had the Covid then :)