Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been a total manflu baby today.
All shivery and achy, hot and then cold and just don't have the energy to even think.
Just sitting here, gorgeous and bored.

I managed to choke down a nana and a bit of toast and a ski mousse thingy. That cheered me up.

Thought I was getting away with it there the other day.
Hopefully feeling a lot better tomorrow.

vanilla.coffee

I have been invited (and cordially accepted) for my 2nd Morris Oxford Vauxhall Astra Zafira dose, booked for this Saturday.
First dose was in mid March so wasn't expecting the 2nd one just yet but there you are.
Mild side effects from 1st dose so will report back any side effects after 2nd one.

I'm feeling loads better already!
Yeah, I've heard the second jab, your body is ready for it and it's nothing.

Small Man Big Horse

Had my second Pfeizer today, last time I was just a bit achy with a dead arm and am hoping it'll be the same again (or less) tomorrow as I've got to work until 2pm whatever the case.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2021, 05:21:03 PM
Had my second Pfeizer today, last time I was just a bit achy with a dead arm and am hoping it'll be the same again (or less) tomorrow as I've got to work until 2pm whatever the case.

Good to see you back posting, did you socially distance from CaB until the second jab? You can never be too careful I suppose.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 11, 2021, 05:25:41 PM
Good to see you back posting, did you socially distance from CaB until the second jab? You can never be too careful I suppose.

Cheers Ferris, I've been back a little while but mostly lurking in the film forum. And I was just taking a break for mental health reasons, but now feel the urge to violently strangle people is mostly under control.

greencalx

Just been AZed. No need to be observed because apparently if I faint on the bus that's ok.

Ferris

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 11, 2021, 05:38:46 PM
Cheers Ferris, I've been back a little while but mostly lurking in the film forum. And I was just taking a break for mental health reasons, but now feel the urge to violently strangle people is mostly under control.

I've learned to harness those urges and simply commit murders that are near-impossible to detect.

Nice to see you back.

popcorn

I'm in the queue for the vax!!!

This is going to be brilliant

greencalx

Just learnt that a slightly older colleague who attended the same centre two weeks ago got that trendy young person's Moderna vaccine they have now.

Cuellar

QuoteCoronavirus vaccines using mRNA technology like Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna appear able to "neutralise" the variant of Covid-19 behind India's outbreak, the EU's drug watchdog said Wednesday.

Another reason not to be fobbed off with the Oxford SWILL

steveh

AZ is fine against at protecting against disease from the B.1.617 / B.1.617.2 variants from India and the scare stories about significant vaccine escape with that variant haven't been borne out by the data I believe. The increased transmissibility is the main problem, with early data suggesting it's at least as transmissible as UK's B.1.1.7 which has won out against the competition almost everywhere.

https://twitter.com/DevanSinha/status/1390388896433942544

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2021, 01:36:03 PM
I've learned to harness those urges and simply commit murders that are near-impossible to detect.

Nice to see you back.

Oh I'm with you there and is the only reason I have watched every episode of CSI not once but three times.

Thanks again for that.

Today I've a slightly sore arm and feel tired, but other than that appear to be side effects free, which is a relief, now I just have to wait until 4.31pm on June 1st when I'll pass the three week point and be hopefully immortal.

ElTwopo

Quote from: greencalx on May 12, 2021, 03:03:27 PM
Just learnt that a slightly older colleague who attended the same centre two weeks ago got that trendy young person's Moderna vaccine they have now.

I'm 44 and had my first jab on Monday which was Moderna (I thought they made kitchens?). Anyway, felt pretty shit yesterday but back to normal again now.

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on May 12, 2021, 03:28:35 PM
Another reason not to be fobbed off with the Oxford SWILL

Looks like it's being banned in Canada.

Zeneca in the fuckin BIN.

greencalx

Quote from: ElTwopo on May 12, 2021, 09:29:05 PM
I'm 44 and had my first jab on Monday which was Moderna (I thought they made kitchens?). Anyway, felt pretty shit yesterday but back to normal again now.

My vaccine was made by MFI.

olliebean

Pretty soon there's gonna be a new extra-lethal variant that none of the vaccines do shit against except the Astra-Zeneca, which will be 100% effective, and then all the countries who slagged it off and got those other vaccines are gonna look pretty silly.

non capisco

Thanks to Barry Admin's latest efforts I can now ease my post-jab anxieties and put all you doom mongering cunts going "hur hur hur the astra zeneca dunt work" on ignore.

Ferris

Quote from: non capisco on May 12, 2021, 10:46:45 PM
Thanks to Barry Admin's latest efforts I can now ease my post-jab anxieties and put all you doom mongering cunts going "hur hur hur the astra zeneca dunt work" on ignore.

Jokes aside, AZ is the good shit right? It's top tier anyway, not like those dodgy Chinese/Russian efforts which are a bit rubbish.

non capisco

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2021, 10:54:31 PM
Jokes aside, AZ is the good shit right? It's top tier anyway, not like those dodgy Chinese/Russian efforts which are a bit rubbish.

I made some lame crack to a bloke the other week at work the day before I got jabbed saying "I hope it's the Sputnik V!" and he took me completely at face value and said "Oh no, you definitely don't want that one, mate! I don't think they even do it in this country!". One of us has forgotten how to talk to people during lockdown and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's him.

Ferris

Quote from: non capisco on May 12, 2021, 11:12:45 PM
I made some lame crack to a bloke the other week at work the day before I got jabbed saying "I hope it's the Sputnik V!" and he took me completely at face value and said "Oh no, you definitely don't want that one, mate! I don't think they even do it in this country!". One of us has forgotten how to talk to people during lockdown and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's him.

My son has made quasi friends with the older kids next door which means I had to do a lot of standing watching our kids throw mud at each other with my hands on hips next to another man in his 30s about which I know nothing (except the garbled name of his daughter which may be Ellie? I don't know).

The standard of conversation has been woeful, I was delighted when we had a new lockdown. I think we all need refresher courses or something.

Drygate

As the Oxford AZ one doesn't use mrna, wouldn't it be more popular with the "gene therapy" crowd, so worth keeping as an option? Or are we going to bin it all too?

jobotic

They can't bin it. I haven't had my second dose!

monkfromhavana

Getting my first one done in 3 hours time.

Bring on the Bill Gates voodoo.

popcorn

Got my first pfizer yesterday. Got a sore arm but that's it. A bit disappointed.

C_Larence

Have been invited to get Pfizer tomorrow. Not sure why as I'm not in the age range and don't fit any of the categories apart from maybe "learning difficulties" (diagnosed ADHD).

popcorn

Yeah I wan't sure why I got the invite either, as I am young and virile, and I don't even have any learning difficulties. And mine was short-notice too, like a "We have this slot tomorrow afternoon going, take it or leave it". So I took it.

Chedney Honks

Wife got the Pfizer so scat is back on the menu.

No more guilt about not gifting it to Blod.

greencalx

My side effects seem mostly to take the form of earth-shaking flatulence.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: greencalx on May 13, 2021, 03:28:18 PM
My side effects seem mostly to take the form of earth-shaking flatulence.

Are you sure that's from the vaccine?

Quote from: popcorn on May 13, 2021, 12:30:09 PM
Got my first pfizer yesterday. Got a sore arm but that's it. A bit disappointed.

TBH, on one level, I don't want any side effects. On the other hand, I quite fancy having a day off work.