Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,351
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I had to turn a jab down a couple of months ago as I was ill and couldn't get a lift and stuff. Just booked one for Sunday but they're saying it's the astra zeneca, which I don't want as I'm immunosuppressed. But I've been invited to turn up and 'discuss my concerns with the medical team.'

Glad to finally get it done anyway, been a total hermit for over a year now.

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on May 13, 2021, 12:50:28 PM
Yeah I wan't sure why I got the invite either, as I am young and virile, and I don't even have any learning difficulties. And mine was short-notice too, like a "We have this slot tomorrow afternoon going, take it or leave it". So I took it.

So just to confirm; you got the vaccine that I someone offered you at very short notice despite it not making much sense? You definitely got that one, yes? This is important.

popcorn

Yes that's right! And I got two stickers! :)

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on May 13, 2021, 05:30:19 PM
Yes that's right! And I got two stickers! :)

Ah! I was going to ask - you got both of them, yes?

Kelvin

Had my second doze of Pfizer today. Feel fine.

Followed it up with my first haircut in well over six months. Reckon they might be a bit out of practice.

kalowski

greencalx

I thought I'd got away with side-effects, as I'd understood they mostly came on in the first 24 hours. Last night started feeling very weird and shivery and the sweaty overnight. Arm is now much less sore, and feel much better this morning - in fact better than I did before the jab so maybe it has magical healing powers.

Barry - I wouldn't worry too much about the AZ jab if that's what you end up with. Whilst it's less effective and marginally riskier than the mRNA vaccines, in the grand scheme of things it's still a very safe and effective treatment.

Had first dose of AstraZeneca yesterday. Only mild cold-like side effects so far. Couldn't stop shivering earlier this morning and had a mild bit of muscle/joint pain, but took a couple of paracetamol and feeling OK just now.

Icehaven

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on May 14, 2021, 10:49:43 AM
Had first dose of AstraZeneca yesterday. Only mild cold-like side effects so far. Couldn't stop shivering earlier this morning and had a mild bit of muscle/joint pain, but took a couple of paracetamol and feeling OK just now.

Same, had first AZ yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning with my arm hurting quite a lot and a bit of a headache. Can't tell if I've got the shivers as this house is freezing at the best of times. Hopefully it'll wear off soon.

monkfromhavana

I had bit of a sore arm, but that's all. Second one might be the one to fuck me up.

El Unicornio, mang

I've got mine in less than an hour but I haven't been told which one it is. Ooh surprises, it's like Xmas!

jobotic

Partner had her Pfizer last night. (The lucky cow!). Arm painful and she couldn't lift it properly to get her coat on this morning but otherwise fine.

In case you wondered.

El Unicornio, mang

Just got Pfizered in a shopping centre, gonna be sore this weekend!

Ferris

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 14, 2021, 02:42:44 PM
Just got Pfizered in a shopping centre, gonna be sore this weekend!

Yes, but have you had a vaccine yet?

olliebean

Just been invited by text for my second dose, despite having had my first just over 7 weeks ago. The booking site still said it should be 12 weeks after, but the text only gave me 7 days to book it so I went ahead and booked for next Thursday. Googled it after booking and found that 8 weeks between doses is now the recommended schedule for over 50s, due to concerns about the Indian variant.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 14, 2021, 03:26:20 PM
Yes, but have you had a vaccine yet?

Nah didn't bother.

My arm is very sore and I'm starting to feel the flu feeling coming on

Ferris

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on May 14, 2021, 09:03:36 PM
Nah didn't bother.

My arm is very sore and I'm starting to feel the flu feeling coming on

I see, rather than all that perhaps you should book an appointment for a vaccine?

(Etc etc)

I think I'm eligible in the next 4 or 5 days. Fucking mega excited. Juice me up, androids - make me a 5G hub!!

Fishfinger

Quote from: Kelvin on May 14, 2021, 03:17:05 AM
Had my second doze of Pfizer today. Feel fine.

Followed it up with my first haircut in well over six months. Reckon they might be a bit out of practice.

I regret to inform you that you have a classic case of jabhead. Thoughts and prayers.

bgmnts

Just been Pfizer'd.

Nice knowing you all.

SpiderChrist

2nd AZ jab booked for next Sunday. Woop etc.

Consignia

Pfizered! The door knob lickers society soon rides again.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What's everyone done with the stickers they give you that say "I've had my Covid Vaccination"? I'm pondering where to put mine.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 15, 2021, 03:55:49 PM
What's everyone done with the stickers they give you that say "I've had my Covid Vaccination"? I'm pondering where to put mine.

Didn't get one. A number of people I know are using Facebook frames to indicate that they've had jabs. Given that most of them haven't bothered to contact me for over a year, I couldn't give a fuck and hope they get hit by a fucking artic.

Fambo Number Mive

Got my first Pfizer jab today. Got my vaccination card a bit damp walking home so am drying it out.

One of the pleasing things about being vaccinated is it is a way to say "fuck you" to Ben Garrison.

Was very efficient and everyone was friendly. Didn't get a sticker though, not that I would have wanted one.

Barry Admin

Quote from: greencalx on May 14, 2021, 08:24:40 AM

Barry - I wouldn't worry too much about the AZ jab if that's what you end up with. Whilst it's less effective and marginally riskier than the mRNA vaccines, in the grand scheme of things it's still a very safe and effective treatment.

"Less effective and marginally riskier" aren't the most consoling words for a neurotic, but I appreciate the thought :-D

I'll see what they say tomorrow, the women in the chemist said I shouldn't get it as I have asthma and a immunosuppressed. But it's better than nothing!

I'll hopefully get a new lease of life from this. Have to get fit again, get out and about, go cycling. Should be able to get some weed, and have a full night's sleep for the first time in months. It'll be nice to get on buses again, and dander round the Titanic quarter, or just wander round town, or see a friend for coffee. Whole thing has been a nightmare, but my games and this place kept me sane.

popcorn

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 15, 2021, 03:55:49 PM

I blagged two.

I put one on my laptop to reassure fellow cafe dwellers in the near future and another on my guitar because I thought it was rock n roll.

Cursus

Had my second jab this evening. Hopefully no side effects this time.

Ferris

If I don't get a sticker I'm gonna kick off.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Yours will just be some shitty little Canadian effort with a maple leaf on it or a hockey puck or something.