Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on June 13, 2021, 11:05:45 PM
Glinner Bean Cafe?????

Back when I made loads of money I gave them a few hundred quid for a new espresso machine - they were taking donations and I said I'll just give them the $$$ because I'm a strong believer in unions and LGBTQ rights and I love this city and want it to be a haven for diverse people and weirdos like me and become the world class place it can (and should) be a sucker.

I get free coffee there now so I'm gonna drink those chumps dry, regardless of the Twitter crank they've renamed themselves after.

weaseldust

had my first pfizer on saturday (at a motor museum!) - zero side effects except an achey arm which is fine now

Got an email saying I can move my 2nd jab forward so I've gone for that, should be fully jabbed up by the end of the month (rather than late July as originally planned). The e-mail did say I'm in a 'high priority group' which is a bit weird as no one's told me that before & I don't particularly feel that I am, aside from having fairly mild asthma.

Dr Rock

2nd jab on Saturday, then it's time PARDAY.

Butchers Blind

Getting my first jab tomorrow. 2nd in September.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

First jab yesterday. Making the most of my newfound invincibility by running into a spoons to lick some oldies

Ferris

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on June 14, 2021, 01:55:09 PM
First jab yesterday. Making the most of my newfound invincibility by running into a spoons to lick some oldies

I think medical advice is to only lick elderly strangers 14 days after your first jab so Mildred and co will have to wait.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 14, 2021, 01:10:07 PM
Getting my first jab tomorrow. 2nd in September.

"Oooh look at me, I'm young"

George Oscar Bluth II

Incidentally, you might be able to move your second dose forward a bit. Just go to the website, cancel your original one and rebook. I just pushed mine forward four whole weeks.

Delta variant does better against the single jabbed so it's your solemn duty to get double vaxxed as soon as you can

Neomod

First jab tomoz. I'll be the too cool for school guy in his 50's surrounded by 20 somethings awestruck at my lackadaisical attitude to getting protected.

Factoid: I will be getting vaxed at the same venue I saw Bad Manners and The Dolly Mixture play back in 1981.

non capisco

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 14, 2021, 10:19:25 PM
Incidentally, you might be able to move your second dose forward a bit. Just go to the website, cancel your original one and rebook. I just pushed mine forward four whole weeks.

Delta variant does better against the single jabbed so it's your solemn duty to get double vaxxed as soon as you can

Iiiinteresting. Excuse my ignorance, how's this work in terms of ensuring you get the same type of vaccine as your first jab on the rebook date? Do all second jab venues have supplies of all three? I was happy to wait the twelve weeks for purported maximum efficacy before the Delta variant reared its head, now I just want to get that second one in me asap. It'll be eight weeks on Friday so I reckon I'm good.

imitationleather

I just tried rebooking and not only did it move it forward two weeks, it also changed to a new vaccination centre that's on my street. Sorted!

Rev+

Yeah, this seems to be a thing if you got your initial 'invitation' from the NHS rather than through your GP.  Got invited to re-book via email on Friday, so brought it forward a week and got my second AZ this morning.

Feel like shit tonight, but that's probably got bugger all to do with the jab and more to do with the weather making me feel like a steamed ham.

I do still resent being given the AstraZeneca vaccine without the option of Pfizer.  This is purely because AZ fired me from a temp job 20 years ago because I got there 15 minutes late one day due to a cancelled train.  Also you had to fuck off about half a mile away from the office if you wanted to nip out for a fag.  I NEVER FORGIVE.  I realise that these are perhaps not the most pressing concerns during a pandemic, but if you were offered the 'Jeremy Clarkson' vaccine you might have a little twinge of resistance too.

flotemysost

I've re-booked my second jab for purely selfish reasons (because it was originally booked for a Saturday and I'm potentially making plans for that weekend) - was able to re-book through the NHS site (with just my booking ref number) for the preceding Tuesday. Getting full immunity a bit earlier, get to retain a social life AND get to sack off a very boring meeting I always have on Tuesday mornings. RESULT!

FWIW, I booked my jabs before I got any "invitation" - I was just maniacally refreshing the NHS site every morning first thing to see if my age group had come up yet, and got the absolute fuck on it as soon as it did (got the invite text from my GP a few days after that).

steveh

Quote from: non capisco on June 14, 2021, 11:26:50 PM
Excuse my ignorance, how's this work in terms of ensuring you get the same type of vaccine as your first jab on the rebook date? Do all second jab venues have supplies of all three?

Where I went it was divided up into different sections for different vaccines and you were given a slip on entry with the name of the one you were having if you weren't having the default one for the current cohort.

There have been some trials of having a different vaccine for first and second dose which in the early results showed it gave better protection than just using one type.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 14, 2021, 09:53:14 PM
"Oooh look at me, I'm young"

Sadly, I'm not. It just took this long to get a jab appointment in the town where I live. They were trying to send me 20 miles away.

Neomod

A young woman collapsed at my venue in the recovery area. First thing I heard was her head hitting the hard floor and then 'old man' moaning as she panicked with her mask on. St John's were on it straight away and she was fine. Didn't even realise she had hit the ground.

Moderna for me. No tears and so I got a treat from my g/f. Wimpy style burger and a paddle in the sea[nb]not a euphemism[/nb].

Jollity

Got my first jab (Pfizer) today. A lot of queuing up and waiting about, then the extra fifteen minutes afterwards to make sure there weren't any terrible side effects. I also saw someone faint, but later saw her walking out, so I don't expect it was a serious reaction. Anyway, I don't seem to have suffered any side effects so far, but I did buy some extra paracetamol in case I need it.

Second jab at the end of August. Perhaps I could cancel it and reschedule, but I can't be bothered (and I read on another site someone saying they tried that and just got a later date, so I'm just going to leave it as it is)

Butchers Blind

Had my first jab (Pfizer). In and out in 10 minutes. Would recommend. 4.5/5

greencalx

You youngsters and your trendy vaccines.

If you're in Scotland and have had your first dose, you can go to https://vacs.nhs.scot and register with the username you got in your appointment letter[nb]quite easy to miss if you didn't read it carefully: mine was among the text at the top of p2, began with my first name and ended with a number[/nb] to find out if your second appointment has been created yet. There are other ways to do this, but this seems to be the one that doesn't involve interacting with a human being which I generally find to be preferable.

Blue Jam

Quote from: greencalx on June 15, 2021, 06:20:47 PM
If you're in Scotland and have had your first dose, you can go to https://vacs.nhs.scot and register with the username you got in your appointment letter[nb]quite easy to miss if you didn't read it carefully: mine was among the text at the top of p2, began with my first name and ended with a number[/nb] to find out if your second appointment has been created yet.

Looks like you can also order a paper copy of your vaccination record there, could be very handy. Cheers!

greencalx

Looks like they plan to build it up into a full vaccination record over time which could be useful.

Glebe

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 12, 2021, 01:27:26 AMNice one Glebe.

Belated thanks Shifty... the day was rather eventful, as I later encountered this cheeky seagull who took an interest in some chips I had dropped. Doubt it was Generous, he'd be more likely to be doling out chips then taking 'em!

daf

Second jab this morning.

Unlike the first time, where I was waiting in a line of 20-30 for around 20 minutes, this time I was straight in and out with no wait at all - just me and the tumbleweed.

This sort of confirmed what the local doctor said to my dad a few days ago - a huge number of people are just not turning up for their second jab - the gormless twats!

Ah well, at least I'VE got me golden Ready Brek glow!!

jobotic

daf

Good lad !

Feel like Obelix after he fell in the cauldron - Invincible!!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: daf on June 16, 2021, 12:10:04 AM
Second jab this morning.

Unlike the first time, where I was waiting in a line of 20-30 for around 20 minutes, this time I was straight in and out with no wait at all - just me and the tumbleweed.

That was exactly my experience too when I had my 2nd last week.  1st time there was a massive but orderly queue and it was dealt with efficiently but still took maybe 20 mins for the whole process, for the 2nd there was one other person besides me and I was in and out in about 2 minutes.

Ian Drunken Smurf

1st dose (Pfizer) next week, day before my birthday. Second shot at end of July. Work finally got it sorted.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on June 14, 2021, 10:19:25 PM

Cheers got my second one brought forward 3 weeks.