Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?

Started by Dr Rock, January 09, 2021, 06:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Apart from Esther Rantzen or The Pope. Unless you know those people personally.

Anyway my mum's had it, and that gives me (and her) a great sense of relief. Also one of my uncle has had it too, and he's a lovely fella.

Anyone you know had it? Doesn't hurt a bit reportedly.


shiftwork2

The four most vulnerable members of 'my team' had Pfizer today.  Quite a moment actually.

shiftwork2

Just found out I'm getting it tomorrow at 7.20am.  A mixture of unreality and almost overwhelming guilt.

pancreas


sutin

I got it this afternoon (i'm a NHS worker). The British Army were there.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 10, 2021, 05:12:24 PM
Just found out I'm getting it tomorrow at 7.20am.  A mixture of unreality and almost overwhelming guilt.

Great stuff.

olliebean

Not sure if I'm ever going to get it given that I never heard anything about the free flu jab that all over-50s were supposedly going to be offered this season.

flotemysost

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 10, 2021, 05:12:24 PM
Just found out I'm getting it tomorrow at 7.20am.  A mixture of unreality and almost overwhelming guilt.

That's amazing, congrats! And to you too, sutin.

My great aunt, who had her first dose in December (as mentioned in the other "who's had it" thread) texted me during the week to say that she and her husband's second doses have been delayed, possibly rescheduled to February but they're not sure. Hope it's not a case where it keeps getting delayed and then just doesn't happen at all, and hope no one here's second dose is delayed either.

The only other person I know who's had it, an NHS worker, has had both doses.

sirhenry

My father-in-law had it yesterday- just. When he got there they told him that he'd had it as his name on the list had already been ticked. But he's such a loud-mouthed objectionable git they realised they would have remembered him and so gave it him anyway.

My mum, who works part-time in a care home, got her second dose on Monday (jsut before the postponement deadline, apparently). Reckons it was a piece of piss (not that my mum would ever use that phrase).

icehaven

Heard fuck all for my 83 year old Mum, and we were quite hopeful at first as she lives in Coventry and much was made of that being where the first one was. I rang her surgery last week and they were worse than useless, "Don't know don't know don't know." Useless cunts. There was something on the local news about richer areas being prioritised as they have a higher proportion of old people, which is again shite as my Mum lives in a fairly deprived area. Bottom of the list as usual.

petercussing

Both my 90 year old nan and my auntie who works in the hospital looking after covid riddled people have now both been done now which is weigh off the old mindpiece, but to counter balance that good stuff my uncle who has terminal cancer is in hospital now with covid. Swings and roundabouts and that.

finnquark

Sorry to hear that. My gran just came out of the MRI after going in with something unrelated, but staying in for 3 weeks with Covid-like symptoms. All the tests were returned negative. She had her first jab this week, along with my grandad, who is 79 so not sure how he was offered one by the GP.

olliebean

Quote from: finnquark on January 10, 2021, 09:31:20 PM
Sorry to hear that. My gran just came out of the MRI after going in with something unrelated, but staying in for 3 weeks with Covid-like symptoms. All the tests were returned negative. She had her first jab this week, along with my grandad, who is 79 so not sure how he was offered one by the GP.
Will he be 80 before the end of March? The flu jab was supposedly available for anyone turning 50 by then, so perhaps the age ranges for this one are calculated the same way.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: icehaven on January 10, 2021, 09:19:24 PM
Heard fuck all for my 83 year old Mum, and we were quite hopeful at first as she lives in Coventry and much was made of that being where the first one was. I rang her surgery last week and they were worse than useless, "Don't know don't know don't know." Useless cunts. There was something on the local news about richer areas being prioritised as they have a higher proportion of old people, which is again shite as my Mum lives in a fairly deprived area. Bottom of the list as usual.

Key Tory marginals might stand the best chance. Can't be having too many mad old Tories dying.

The Bumlord

You'll all be sorry when Bill Gates is controlling you!

poo

Mum's getting jabbed tomoz - and she's gonna get vaccinated too lol

madhair60

Had mine on the 8th. Am invincible to covid now.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Small Potatoes on January 10, 2021, 08:50:44 PM
My mum, who works part-time in a care home, got her second dose on Monday (jsut before the postponement deadline, apparently). Reckons it was a piece of piss (not that my mum would ever use that phrase).

I bumped into my friend this morning, she manages staff for one of the private care agencies that have a council contract to deliver domiciliary care, she said an incredible 40% of her frontline staff were refusing to be vaccinated! She could sack them for refusal to make 'reasonable adjustments' but she's desperately short staffed as it is.

wosl

January 12, 2021, 05:49:43 PM #19 Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 06:23:22 PM by wosl
Had it done this afternoon.  Only real downside downside was having to traipse across to Burton-on-Trent to get it done (a clear day, though; that may be the first time I've been in Burton when it hasn't been pissing down).

not a double downside

CaBbo science types - what d'you reckon re: drinking booze post vaccine? Jabbed up on the 7th (NHS worker) and haven't had a beer since but I'd love a couple of cans tonight

Bazooka

Quote from: What Doth Life? on January 12, 2021, 06:06:25 PM
CaBbo science types - what d'you reckon re: drinking booze post vaccine? Jabbed up on the 7th (NHS worker) and haven't had a beer since but I'd love a couple of cans tonight

Only Babycham is compatible I'm afraid.

Quote from: Bazooka on January 12, 2021, 06:13:34 PM
Only Babycham is compatible I'm afraid.

I find that perry hard to believe!!

Captain Crunch


flotemysost

Just heard my mum and dad (70 and 71) are getting it next week. Apparently some areas (including theirs) are fast tracking groups 3 and 4 to avoid doses being wasted, which possibly suggests they might be getting Pfizer'd (possibly not, I dunno). The thought of potentially being able to see them again within the next few weeks feels quite weird.

icehaven

Well my Mum had her first one yesterday, which was great and unexpected, she only got the call on Tuesday. 12 weeks until the booster one but it should still kick in in 2 weeks so she'll be mostly ok from then. Big relief.


Shoulders?-Stomach!

Oh no, they got to Tony Bennett as well

non capisco

I've heard an excerpt from his new album and it's him going "Shaba doo dah, shaba doo dez, everybody do what Bill Gates says" #justsayin #makesyouthink

Alberon

My 84 year old mum has the jab on Friday and my 75 year old parents-in-law get it on Monday so I'm happier.