Author Topic: Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?  (Read 45716 times)

Re: Who's Been Jabbed With The Vax?
« Reply #900 on: June 10, 2021, 05:19:02 PM »
Just been Pfizered. Is this the one that is supposed to turn me gay? I didn't see it listed in the possible side-effects.

« Reply #901 on: June 10, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
All my cutlery is sticking to me and I think I like willies.

canadagoose

• inoperable brain bum hole
« Reply #902 on: June 10, 2021, 07:41:50 PM »
All my cutlery is sticking to me and I think I like willies.
That'll be the 5G.

canadagoose

• inoperable brain bum hole
« Reply #903 on: June 10, 2021, 07:43:54 PM »
I had my 2nd AZ on Tuesday.  With the 1st one I had no symptoms, not even a sore arm.  With this one, sometime in the night I'd developed a sore arm (which wasn't sore when I went to bed), so had to sleep on the other side.  On Wednesday afternoon about 24 hours later I felt a little bit feverish and a tiny tiny tiny headache but by the time I went to bed that had lessened, and I feel ok now.
It's really weird, I don't understand why different people have such varied reactions to it. I was just really grateful that the second one was a bit like a hangover, not the full-blown pain-fever-'n'-vomiting extravaganza the first one was.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #904 on: June 10, 2021, 08:42:42 PM »
Had mine yesterday (Pfizer). It was in the massive SSE Hydro conference center, there were heaps of bays but they just had one strip open and snaked us through the rest (queue wasn't bad, was there about 50 minutes including the 15 min wait around at the end). Felt a bit post-apocalyptic, not helped by the fact there were loads of uniformed events bouncers everywhere ushering people around.

Was speaking to a guy I work with who had his first thing today, he said he forgot to have breakfast and nearly passed out! They had to give him some cake to get his sugar levels up.

FerriswheelBueller

• CaB rear of the year 2020
  • Silver Member
  • Take it easy, but take it.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #905 on: June 10, 2021, 10:52:41 PM »
Hang on do these places just have bits of cake lying about? Why didn’t I get any cake? This is fucked.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #906 on: June 10, 2021, 10:57:59 PM »
Seems you need to nearly pass out to get it.

non capisco

• Broke a million hearts in mono
    • https://twitter.com/IsThisRoss
« Reply #907 on: June 10, 2021, 11:10:46 PM »
100% gonna do a theatrical faint after my second one to get some motherfucking free cake.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #908 on: June 10, 2021, 11:45:25 PM »
Got a text from my mum (an ex-nurse) earlier saying 'keep hydrating for many more days please'.

Cheers mum, wouldn't have thought to drink water without you!

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #909 on: June 11, 2021, 12:31:36 AM »
100% gonna do a theatrical faint after my second one to get some motherfucking free cake.

I’d do the full Larry David if it meant a piece of battenburg. Didn’t even realize it was an option. Fuming.

Blue Jam

• press A to cry
« Reply #910 on: June 11, 2021, 10:19:13 AM »
It's really weird, I don't understand why different people have such varied reactions to it.

Interesting. Could it be because people have such varied reactions to the virus itself? Covid symptoms are frighteningly varied, and of course some people have none at all.

« Reply #911 on: June 11, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
Yeah, if you can, do.

I can't. Constantly booked up. Oh well, I'll just keep trying. Not complaining but I keep getting texts reminding me to do it.

JesusAndYourBush

• Earnest silky coconut shell
    • http://www.google.com
« Reply #912 on: June 11, 2021, 12:41:57 PM »
I can't. Constantly booked up. Oh well, I'll just keep trying. Not complaining but I keep getting texts reminding me to do it.

My brother had his 1st one mid-April and although the site specifies 8-12 weeks so he's eligible, when it gives a list of vaccine centres it's only listing ones further away.  I assume that although people who've had their 1st one 8 weeks ago are eligible, someone really wants them to wait a bit longer.  Keep checking the site, I guess.

« Reply #913 on: June 11, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »
Second jab today. Tried to persuade me to do an interview for some NHS media thing but I think the country has already been through enough.

Rev+

• Like it is, like it sounds
« Reply #914 on: June 11, 2021, 08:34:27 PM »
Was due to have the second shot at the end of the month, but got an email from the NHS earlier telling me I could re-book and get it right into me this Monday if I want.  Yeah, go on then.

Midas

• 𝔇𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢.
« Reply #915 on: June 11, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »
I've booked a jab now that they're open to people aged 25+. Hopefully I get ushered through the process like a walking slab of living meat because I'm easily spooked. Suppose if the anxiety gets too much I could just have myself abattoir'd.

« Reply #916 on: June 11, 2021, 09:36:33 PM »
Had my second one yesterday. If anything it was better organised and faster than the well organised and pretty quick one I had in March. So far my arm aches where I was jabbed but there's been no side effects like last time.

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #917 on: June 11, 2021, 09:44:08 PM »
Second jab today. Tried to persuade me to do an interview for some NHS media thing but I think the country has already been through enough.

No pressure but care to share any basic professional info?  Your posts have saved this sub-forum from utter irrelevance.

Glebe

• Lil nonsense now+then relished by the wisest men.
« Reply #918 on: June 12, 2021, 01:04:17 AM »
Got me first jab today.

« Reply #919 on: June 12, 2021, 01:12:52 AM »
It's really weird, I don't understand why different people have such varied reactions to it. I was just really grateful that the second one was a bit like a hangover, not the full-blown pain-fever-'n'-vomiting extravaganza the first one was.

Interesting. Could it be because people have such varied reactions to the virus itself? Covid symptoms are frighteningly varied, and of course some people have none at all.

Even though AZ seems to be the one that's really kicking people's arses, a friend who's the same age as me, who had COVID back in January, felt really nauseous after their first Pfizer jab whereas all I felt was the giddy euphoria of sweet liberty, and I've not had COVID (to my knowledge, anyway).

shiftwork2

• pies this is your time
« Reply #920 on: June 12, 2021, 01:27:26 AM »
Got me first jab today.

Nice one Glebe.

« Reply #921 on: June 12, 2021, 07:28:01 AM »
No pressure but care to share any basic professional info?  Your posts have saved this sub-forum from utter irrelevance.

Actually I just meant that they were just doing video interviews of people getting jabs at the centre about their experience for (I think) use in social media campaigns encouraging vaccination.

My only qualifications are an interest in science and having done enough writing and bits of journalism in the past to have acquired a reasonable eye for what I think is newsworthy and an ability to summarise the key bits. My day job is mostly software consultancy but due to one project getting canned and another postponed I've had rather more free time than usual over the past year.

And thanks - appreciate that people find the stuff I post useful.

Blue Jam

• press A to cry
« Reply #922 on: June 12, 2021, 10:39:01 AM »
I’d do the full Larry David if it meant a piece of battenburg. Didn’t even realize it was an option. Fuming.

Don't you get a Tim Hortons with your jab?

Not being racist here because where I am we actually do get a Tunnock's for every blood donation.

FerriswheelBueller

• Silver Member
« Reply #923 on: June 12, 2021, 12:24:41 PM »
I got a chair next to the magazines and a “stay here for 15 minutes then go away”. I suppose I could have bought my own cake (I was jabbed up in the back room of our Boots equivalent so you’re sorted for hairbrushes and bottled water) but it’s the principle of the thing.

TH has some very poor labour relations stuff so I avoid them as a rule. I get my coffee at the very nice LGBT+ workers collective cafe down the road because I’m an intolerable twat. They also (usually) have brownies which is crucial.

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #924 on: June 12, 2021, 12:46:25 PM »
Yeah ours was a big long strip and we were told to time ourselves. Some people who definitely arrived after me were fucking off after a couple of minutes. I wasn't really in a big rush to leave. Actually, a colleague said they were waiting hours the day before so I was already fairly resigned to taking a lackadaisical return.

BlodwynPig

• The Last Living Member of COVID-20
« Reply #925 on: June 12, 2021, 12:48:22 PM »
All done. 2nd one in. MASKS AHOI!!!*

*not really

Sebastian Cobb

• bad opinion haver
« Reply #926 on: June 12, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »
My folks said that when they had theirs, they were asked to swap the masks the bumf told them to bring and put on a supplied disposable one.

I just wore the one I'd bought when I had mine, must be slightly different implementations in different places.

« Reply #927 on: June 13, 2021, 10:04:58 PM »
Anyone else who menstruates and has been Pfizer'd noticed any weird goings on there? First period since being jabbed and it ain't fucking about. Been going strong for over a week now, really painful and no sign of relenting.

It could be any number of factors of course, but I've read quite a few accounts of this happening post-Pfizer, most of which suggest it should only last a cycle or two. Fucking hope so anyway. Escaped one form of chekky blood clot, only to have any summer plans shat all over by another.

« Reply #928 on: June 13, 2021, 11:04:07 PM »
Got me first jab today.

into bum?

Tags: