Author Topic: Mark Keds RIP  (Read 606 times)

Mark Keds RIP
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:44:50 PM »
According to the Senseless Things page on FB. Only 50 years old.
Really sad news - a talented and prolific song writer. Senseless Things were of the first bands I ever saw live and their records still really stand up. Glad I got to see the 2017 reunion.

Re: Mark Keds RIP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 08:14:19 PM »
Sad news. Senseless Things were an early gig for me too - genuinely exciting live band.

RIP Keds

king_tubby

• COVID MARSHALL
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:16:05 PM »
Ah, this is sad. Part of my late 80s introduction to alternative music.

Brundle-Fly

• "Why don't you do something to help me?"
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 09:28:43 PM »
Bloody hell, that's awful.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

• Goodness me, it's Her Who Plays Villanelle!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:15:47 PM »
* Bruce Willis rides off on flash motorbike with Maria De Mederios on the back, after tersely delivering the sad news.*

Actually, this really is sad news. Have fond memories of those early 90s singles with the Jamie Hewlett illustrated sleeves. 50 way too young, orbviously. RIP.

Captain Crunch

• Twister, Dustbuster, Hospital Bed
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 10:20:41 PM »
Glad I got to see the 2017 reunion.

In my top 10 gigs of all time and I’m not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes when they launched into ‘Too Much Kissing’. 

Very sad news. 

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:23:35 PM »
In my top 10 gigs of all time and I’m not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes when they launched into ‘Too Much Kissing’. 

Very sad news.

Likewise - I didn't see them until 1993, by which time they'd dropped most of their hyper speed early tunes, so I was over the fucking moon when they started playing songs like 'Trevor' & 'Back to Nowhere'.

Ah, this is such awful news.

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
No chance of a Transphobic Asshole single dedicated to Graham Linehan then?

Rev+

• Take care of yourself, and each other
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 09:46:57 PM »
Aw balls.  He did look completely fucked and living on borrowed time about ten years ago, and I wouldn't have been surprised to hear this news back then.  Wasn't at the 2017 gig but watching a recording of it seemed to indicate he was doing better than he looked, and had maybe turned a corner.  Not that we know what got him, of course.

Senseless Things are weirdly under glass for me - saw them loads of times and every time was great, but was never quite as into them as I felt I maybe should have been.  They never did anything better than 'Too Much Kissing', and the problem is they did that very early.  I really wish 'Homophobic Asshole' has been a better song, because the build-up to that being released was magical.  My mate got sent home from school for wearing a t-shirt of it and everything.

Tags: