Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark Keds RIP

Started by cosmic-hearse, January 11, 2021, 07:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmic-hearse

According to the Senseless Things page on FB. Only 50 years old.
Really sad news - a talented and prolific song writer. Senseless Things were of the first bands I ever saw live and their records still really stand up. Glad I got to see the 2017 reunion.

DrGreggles

Sad news. Senseless Things were an early gig for me too - genuinely exciting live band.

RIP Keds

king_tubby

Ah, this is sad. Part of my late 80s introduction to alternative music.

Brundle-Fly

Bloody hell, that's awful.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

* Bruce Willis rides off on flash motorbike with Maria De Mederios on the back, after tersely delivering the sad news.*

Actually, this really is sad news. Have fond memories of those early 90s singles with the Jamie Hewlett illustrated sleeves. 50 way too young, orbviously. RIP.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: cosmic-hearse on January 11, 2021, 07:44:50 PMGlad I got to see the 2017 reunion.

In my top 10 gigs of all time and I'm not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes when they launched into 'Too Much Kissing'. 

Very sad news. 

cosmic-hearse

Quote from: Captain Crunch on January 11, 2021, 10:20:41 PM
In my top 10 gigs of all time and I'm not ashamed to admit I had tears in my eyes when they launched into 'Too Much Kissing'. 

Very sad news.

Likewise - I didn't see them until 1993, by which time they'd dropped most of their hyper speed early tunes, so I was over the fucking moon when they started playing songs like 'Trevor' & 'Back to Nowhere'.

Ah, this is such awful news.

Jockice

No chance of a Transphobic Asshole single dedicated to Graham Linehan then?

Rev+

Aw balls.  He did look completely fucked and living on borrowed time about ten years ago, and I wouldn't have been surprised to hear this news back then.  Wasn't at the 2017 gig but watching a recording of it seemed to indicate he was doing better than he looked, and had maybe turned a corner.  Not that we know what got him, of course.

Senseless Things are weirdly under glass for me - saw them loads of times and every time was great, but was never quite as into them as I felt I maybe should have been.  They never did anything better than 'Too Much Kissing', and the problem is they did that very early.  I really wish 'Homophobic Asshole' has been a better song, because the build-up to that being released was magical.  My mate got sent home from school for wearing a t-shirt of it and everything.

Dr Syntax Head

Only recently found out about this and was saddened. Proper loved the senseless things way back when. If they came out now they would be 6 music darlings I reckon. They were brilliant. Lotta nostalgic love for them