Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:48:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Con Man: Alan Tudyk's 2017 Web Series

Started by Sonny_Jim, January 12, 2021, 06:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Had a quick look to see if there was a thread about it but apparently not.  It's a kickstarted web series written by Alan Tudyk, trailer here

It's one of those 'the actor plays himself' things, so Alan Tudyk plays Alan Tudyk going to a sci-fi convention.  Weirdly doesn't mention Firefly by name (it's been renamed to Spectrum) but features cameos from essentially all of the Firefly cast.  Imagine Galaxy Quest but there's no aliens.

It's not bad, I'm up to episode 8 and it's started to drag a bit.  The writing and direction is mostly decent, what has made it good for me is that it's a really good 'Hey, it's that guy' show.  It's quite fun to watch an episode (they are short, only 10 minutes), then jump on IMDB and see who you recognised.

It's on Amazon Prime at the moment, probably not worth watching all of it but definitely watch the first episode for wall-to-wall cameos.
EDIT:  Maybe don't watch the trailer though, as it ruins most of the jokes/cameos.

Endicott

I started this a while ago and was watching in small batches. But I'm only up to about ep 8 or 9. I like it. It's maybe a bit broad for me, we'll see.

Sonny_Jim

I was chugging away quite nicely until I hit the Voiceover session episode.  We get it, Alan, you don't get offered the hero role very often.