Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prime Minister Johnson's seven mile bike ride - too far or ok?

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 12, 2021, 11:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you see Johnson's seven mile bike ride as breaching COVID guidelines?

Yes
13 (72.2%)
No
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Fambo Number Mive

The ghastly man rode all the way to the Olympic Park from Downing Street, a distance of seven miles.

Would you could travelling seven miles as keeping within your local area? I personally think it's pushing it a bit but it's not like he rode from Croydon to Edgware, especially as I assume he didn't interact with anyone on his fourteen mile round trip.

QuoteSpeaking to Today, Policing Minister Kit Malthouse said: "What we are asking people to do is when they exercise to stay local.

"Now local is, obviously, open to interpretation, but people broadly know what local means.

"If you can get there under your own steam and you are not interacting with somebody... then that seems perfectly reasonable to me."...

Government advice for England says people can leave home to exercise, but adds: "This should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area."

The guidance adds: "Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live."

It's how one defines "part of the city" that is open to question - going by this maybe Johnson did go too far on his bike.

In related news I note Derbyshire Police have cancelled the fines for the two people going for a walk five miles from their home with a drink. I wonder if Johnson's trip was partly to signal that travelling a few miles for exercise was ok.

dissolute ocelot

It's hardly Barnard Castle, is it? It's certainly not the worst thing Boris has done, and if anything is probably a deliberate distraction by the mop-headed buffoon.

It's possible he just got carried away with the open road and didn't think how far he was going, but Boris isn't that carefree, is he?

Bernice

I mean, nobody in the history of London has ever considered Westminster and Stratford to be the same "part of the city".

It's unfortunate that this rather limp scandal is getting hammered by the press while the money spaffed on ridiculous cronyist procurement contracts gets only the occasional mention, despite surely being brazen, consistent and large-scale enough to bring down the government.

evilcommiedictator

Who knew the fat fuck could exercise? Must have been going to get more computer lessons from a much younger girl than the current one?

SpiderChrist

Another fucking distraction. Get het up about Cunt Johnson riding his bike, get it in the tabloids and on breakfast telly, distract from the daily death rate, the NHS crisis, etc etc etc

finnquark

yes but can we drink a takeaway coffee whilst exercising?!?! we still can't get answers!!

Alberon

The only scandal here is that the mop-haired tosser wasn't crushed beneath the wheels of an articulated lorry.

poo

papers have him down as a "keen cyclist", yet he's a tub of doughy shit.

Sebastian Cobb

It's about to my work and back, or just over half an hour's cycling if you cycle fairly regularly. Perhaps teetering on excessive but not properly taking the piss imo, and relatively low risk.

Norton Canes

frajer

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 12, 2021, 11:59:08 AM
This is just a bluff.  This is the story we should be focusing on today https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-12/free-school-meals-parents-blast-woefully-inadequate-food-parcels-for-children-learning-at-home

Bingo. It wouldn't be past the straw-haired mercenary to loudly and calculatedly shit his pants mid-speech to shift focus away from impoverished children, but presumably "medium-length bike ride" won out.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: frajer on January 12, 2021, 01:49:42 PM
Bingo. It wouldn't be past the straw-haired mercenary to loudly and calculatedly shit his pants mid-speech to shift focus away from impoverished children, but presumably "medium-length bike ride" won out.

He's saving the pants-shitting until it's a bit warmer and the smell carries a bit more.