Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:35:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Black 24 year-old dies shortly after contact with South Wales Police

Started by Zetetic, January 12, 2021, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Mohamud Hassan was arrested at around 2300 on Friday 8th January. He was taken to Cardiff Bay Police Station.

He was released from Cardiff Bay Police Station at around noon the following day, Saturday 9th. He then slept.

By Saturday evening he was unresponsive. Ambulance was called. Paramedics declared him dead.

Lee Jasper blog post
POC4INDY Twitter thread
South Wales Police Twitter thread

Protests have been taking place this afternoon in Cardiff.

If you're not aware of the the history of the Cardiff Five/Three and the murder of Lynette White in 1988 then Shreds is worth listening to, for an understanding of the very recent history of South Wales Police specifically and British policing more widely.

bgmnts

'Police contact'

I.e vicious contact repeatedly over his body.

Cunts.

canadagoose

Seems so outrageous. How did they think they would get away with it? Why did they do it? Horrible case.

Kankurette

Buelligan

Yep, just a moment that passed and now we can get back to beating the living shit out of people we don't like the look of.

I don't like the police.

Dr Trouser

An acquaintance at university went on to become a senior officer at Cardiff Central cop shop. Caught up with him a few years ago to find out he had turned into a massive nasty wanker.

St_Eddie

Absolutely disgraceful.  That poor young man and his family.  I'd like to think that there will be dire consequences for the officers involved and that it may lead to an inquiry into the police force in general and a reform, but we all know that nothing will come of this.  At best, the offending officers will lose their jobs but even that is doubtful.  There will be no justice because there never is, but that doesn't mean that we should forget and not demand justice of course.

The whole system is rotten and corrupt to its very core.  It's sickening.

Glebe

Absolutely horrific, and incredibly insensitive treatment of the poor man's family. Hope there's a full, independent inquiry into this.

Cycled past the police station this occurred at briefly yesterday and there was a fair few protestors standing outside, albeit in what seemed like a peaceful enough manner. Only a couple of coppers outside watching with their arms folded. Not sure if thing exacerbated at all a bit later

Zetetic

I don't believe there was any indication of violence at the protest outside the station or the march from the library.

BritishHobo

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Are South Wales police the ones who put away a guy for murdering a woman, her kids and her mother and then setting the house on fire to cover it up, and then it turned out the dead woman had been having an affair with a married woman, and the married woman's husband was a police officer and so was his twin brother and the twin brother just happened to be the first police officer on the scene of the fire and delayed calling it in as a murder even though the paramedics could tell from the bodies that they'd all been murdered and hadn't died because of the fire?

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 13, 2021, 06:53:08 PM
Are South Wales police the ones who put away a guy for murdering a woman, her kids and her mother and then setting the house on fire to cover it up, and then it turned out the dead woman had been having an affair with a married woman, and the married woman's husband was a police officer and so was his twin brother and the twin brother just happened to be the first police officer on the scene of the fire and delayed calling it in as a murder even though the paramedics could tell from the bodies that they'd all been murdered and hadn't died because of the fire?

No that was an episode of CSI.

evilcommiedictator

holy shitballs batman, rofl, what a shitshow
QuoteStephen's wife Alison Lewis, a former officer with South Wales Police, had been in a lesbian affair with Mandy, and suspicion had fallen on Stuart because of events on the night.

He was then an Acting Inspector and was not only on duty the night of the murders but was the most senior officer to arrive at the scene.

Stuart stayed at 9 Kelvin Road for less than 10 minutes, failed to preserve the scene and his log book for that night went missing. He also didn't fill in his pocket book until the Monday.

Zetetic

canadagoose

Quote from: Zetetic on January 12, 2021, 04:41:29 PM
If you're not aware of the the history of the Cardiff Five/Three and the murder of Lynette White in 1988 then Shreds is worth listening to, for an understanding of the very recent history of South Wales Police specifically and British policing more widely.
Listened to this over the past few days. Fucking horrifying.

bgmnts

Just finished The Pembrokeshire murder docu drama thing on ITV. South Wales police arent the best really. Although this case did involve Bullseye and a pair of short shorts, as well as one of the strangest accents I've ever heard.

poo

Neighbour friend of mine is a SWP officer. He's fine, but very, very thick.

Zetetic

St_Eddie

Zetetic

A 30 minute BBC Wales Investigates on the deaths of these two men was broadcast five days ago and is now available on BBC iPlayer. (I have not watched it and I'm trying to find an alternative source.)

A march is planned for Newport on Wed 12th February.

Buelligan

Had a look, I'd like to watch it, if you find a source that can be viewed outside of Britain, could you link it, ta?

Zetetic

Buelligan