Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How hard are you chillin?

Started by Chedney Honks, January 12, 2021, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Sipping on an Ardbeg Uigeadail listening to Songs Ohia. Not really slept last night and got home from work after about fourteen hours. Despite the above, somewhat feel OK and cherish the half hour before I have to sleep. Whisky doing the heavy lifting but chillin on a solid 6.2/10.

Magnum Valentino

ZERO, got 40 minutes into an episode of The Wire after a peaceful day with the 10-week-old and now she's been screaming for an hour solid and won't settle the head on herself. No craic. 0 out of 10 for chillin.

pancreas

Penderyn Madeira Cask plus Scarlatti on R3, played by Murray Perahia, who is fantastic, but even so, I'm not really such a fan of Scarlatti. 6.2/10 also.

Twit 2

Ferris

That Ardbeg is one of my favourites, enjoy.

Avril Lavigne

Borderline passed-out-drunk enough that I fully believed the interviewees in the documentary I'm watching about the Krays were speaking Japanese.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dex Sawash

seepage

Half-pissed on bin-end Chardonnay and giggling at youtube. But I did remember to arm the Ring and can't sleep so overall 5/10.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 12, 2021, 10:09:59 PM
Sipping on an Ardbeg Uigeadail listening to Songs Ohia. Not really slept last night and got home from work after about fourteen hours. Despite the above, somewhat feel OK and cherish the half hour before I have to sleep. Whisky doing the heavy lifting but chillin on a solid 6.2/10.

Don't think I'm going to he able to sleep tonight. Only in work for 8hrs so just have to make it to 4pm without crying/hallucinating. I would be feeling quite relaxed sat here in the dark if it weren't for the obstacle course of the day looming over me . Bleughh

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Forgot to chill yesterday evening :(

0/10

Magnum Valentino

I am now at an 7 with the bleeping blooping wee yin swinging away beside me and Radio Bart on the telly in the right aspect ratio with a plate of home made biccies that AREN'T awful within reaching distance.

On course for a 14/10 by tea time if this keeps up.

Twit 2

Working from home today, so I'm up there, maybe 8!

JaDanketies

Had a chekky little phenibut this morning, the second time I've ever taken it and the first time I've taken it for the purpose of experiencing it rather than merely making sure I'm not allergic to it. It's a nootropic allegedly. Seems to make me type faster and think a little easier.

Kid's in nursery all day and I'm working, typing away on my laptop sat in the front room on a leather recliner that'll give me back problems in the future if I keep working like this. Listening to MF DOOM. I even had a chekky toke this morning too. 10/10 chillin for a parent, 4/10 for a non-parent.

buttgammon

Woke up at about 5.30 needing a piss and struggled to get back to sleep. 2/10.

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 12, 2021, 10:09:59 PM

Oh yeah, one of my favourite whiskies. I was looking for Corryvreckan (which I've never tried) before the lockdown but couldn't find any over here. Luckily, my in-laws got me a bottle of Talisker 10 year.

poo

pre-bed whiskytime really is a saviour isn't it.

kittens

sittin in work doin fuck all. next appointment due 1200 friday. this work is ESSENTIAL. 4/10

Twit 2

Still working, but in the bath. You can do it all on your phone these days.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Twit 2 on January 13, 2021, 02:03:17 PM
Still working, but in the bath. You can do it all on your phone these days.

Hope your onlyfans is blessed with many subscribers mate!

Chedney Honks

Quote from: poo on January 13, 2021, 11:50:46 AM
pre-bed whiskytime really is a saviour isn't it.

Amen.

Had a decent day and sitting by the fire now drinking a fucking hazy IPA which is basically cunt juice but whatever. Work is like having my bollocks hoofed back up into my stomach for twelve hours a day. Gonna get the headphones on I think and probably get some AnCo on. Not amazing to be honest. 3.4/10.

Sebastian Cobb

My chill has been terrible since Saturday when my neighbour informed me there was a wet patch on their ceiling. After some to and fro because my letting agent's GAS MAN was incorrect about the heating having overhead pipes an inspection hole had to be cut to determine it wasn't downstairs leaking from their roof before they lifted the floor and found a nail in my boiler's underfloor drainage pipe, from when the chipboard underfloor was originally fitted. Sorted now though.

Ferris

So like a 6.5 because it's sorted now? Or ~4.0 due to residual stress and the new hole in the ceiling?

At a 5.9 myself, ate some steak and peas and gonna play red dead redemption 2 in a bit, but got some uni shit to do I haven't started yet which is harshing the buzz tbh.

Sebastian Cobb

The former probably. The ceiling hole was in my downstairs neighbours bit. I was relieved once the agents were talking to each other and I was no longer the unwilling middle man. To be fair they moved relatively quickly once they were talking.

Even better now as I tried making a paneer tikka massala and it turned out alright.

Ferris

Sebastian Cobb

To be fair some of the fear was the idea that my homebrewing and tendency to soak the bathroom by sloshing water around everywhere had miraculously found a way to run between the floors out the bathroom and pool in the lounge floor. Something I knew was very unlikely but still a fear.

It didn't help that my letting agent arranged the initial check and forgot to tell me their eta so matey turned up and the first thing he saw was my closet door open with a brewing bucket in it and a fan heater next to it (blowing cold air out the closet) to suck warm air into the space to help heat my brew a bit, and then in the middle of my hallway an immersion heater in my brew bucket as I was adjusting its thermostat and had left it overnight to settle. I was also severely hungover.

Chedney Honks

Smoked York ham on white toast with cheddar cheese and a quenelle of beer mustard for breakfast. Black coffee. Cats running round like mad cats. My wife is snoozing. Listening to England grinding Sri Lanka into an aromatic roasted coconut and curry leaf paste. Lovely leisurely Saturday morning. 7.1

Oh, I'm off to work in three minutes.

seepage

Coffee: good; CPU temp: low; bloke next door not yet shouting "yah, yah, absolutely, yah" into his Zoom mic. Solid 90/100.

I'm like the Robert M Parker Jr. of chillin': 90+/100 and you can't buy it; 89 or less and you don't want to know.

Ferris

Wife taking the nipper to her parents for the morning, bagels downstairs from the bakery down the road, one small piece of ikea furniture to assemble, don't have to get up for another hour or two.

Chill Rating: S+