Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Affairs on sets

Started by Johnny Textface, January 13, 2021, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

Of course, if you want real chemistry between your leading actors, pick the ones that might have an affair. DePalma surely did this.

Might be hearsay but apparently Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner had a good time together on the set of Romancing the Stone and you can see it I think.

Anyone got any stories of sexy romps under the bright lights?  Obviously I need to see them on screen to count.

Sonny_Jim

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie must have shagged each others brains out on the set of 'Mr & Mrs Smith', surely?  Was still married to Aniston at the time.

mr. logic

Billy Bob and Halle in Monster's ball. There's photos which look very real.

Bazooka

Laurel and Hardy, caught up a wobbly ladder.

buzby

Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart on To Have And Have Not
This was Bacall's first big role and she and Bogart developed and attraction and began having an affair (Howard Hawks changed the script during the shoot, giving Bacall a bigger role due to thier on-screen chemistry). Bogart and his wife had a turbulent, alcohol-fuelled relationship (they were known in Hollywood as The Battling Bogarts, and his wife had stabbed him during an argument a couple of years earlier), but at the end of the shoot he decided to stay with his wife (this wasn't helped by Hawks trying to put her off Bogart as he wanted to have an affair with her).

A year later they were cast opposite each other again on The Big Sleep and restarted their affair, and this time Bogart decided to divorce his wife to be with Bacall (his wife drank herself to death shortly after). Despite the 25-year age difference, they stayed happily married until his death only 11 years later.

Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy on Woman of the Year
Tracy had many affairs with his co-stars despite being married, and he and his wife were estranged and living separately from the early 1940s. The affair he had with Hepburn went on for 25 years and it was an open secret in Hollywood. She was not interested in marriage, but they went on to make 9 films together and Hepburn took 5 years off and moved in with Tracy to care for him towards the end of his life.

Liz Taylor and Richard Burton on Cleopatra
They were both married (Taylor had not long married Eddie Fisher, who had divorced Debbie Reynolds to marry her after Taylor's husband Mike Todd had died in a plane crash). They both divorced their spouses to marry and started a long and turbulent relationship.

Steve McQueen & Ali McGraw on The Getaway
They were both married and divorced their spouses to marry each other. She gave up acting to follow McQueen around until they split 3 years later.

beanheadmcginty

Dan Aykroyd and that noshing poltergeist from the Ghostbusters montage.

notjosh

Marlene Dietrich seems to have seduced everyone she ever worked with - John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, rumours of Garbo... If you go to the cinema museum in Berlin there's practically a whole floor dedicated to gifts that were sent to her by cuntstruck admiring colleagues.

Apparently when Wayne turned up on the set of their first picture together he was called to her trailer where she asked him the time. Before he could answer she pulled up her skirt to reveal a watch tied to her garter and said something like:
"Don't worry baby, we have all the time in the world."

Quote from: buzby on January 13, 2021, 10:25:05 AM
Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy on Woman of the Year
Tracy had many affairs with his co-stars despite being married, and he and his wife were estranged and living separately from the early 1940s. The affair he had with Hepburn went on for 25 years and it was an open secret in Hollywood. She was not interested in marriage, but they went on to make 9 films together and Hepburn took 5 years off and moved in with Tracy to care for him towards the end of his life.

Hepburn also had an affair with John Ford around the time they made Mary of Scotland.

Magnum Valentino

Carrie Fisher writes about her affair with Harrison Ford on Star Wars 1 in The Princess Diarist. Read it, it's great!

Captain Crunch

Barry Bostwick and Susan Sarandon were 'together' during the filming of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Apparently this was a fairly well kept secret until someone gave Richard O'Brien too much sherry during an interview in 2013. 

Custard

Recently, Lily James and Dominic West

David Threlfall and Pauline McLynn while filming Shameless. They tried to block the news getting out with a Super Injunction, but failed

Read on a blind gossip site once that Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron have a thing going where they meet up once a year in a hotel and spend the weekend together

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Shameless Custard on January 13, 2021, 12:45:45 PM
David Threlfall and Pauline McLynn while filming Shameless. They tried to block the news getting out with a Super Injunction, but failed
https://youtu.be/gduv5A2Yisc?t=108

Phil_A

Donald Sutherland & Julie Christie on Don't Look Now - there's been some debate over the years whether they're really fucking during the big sex scene but Sutherland has said in recent years they were "together" at the time, so make of that what you will.

Margot Kidder and Richard Pryor on the set of Superman III. I don't know how long the affair lasted but Kidder always spoke fondly of Pryor and called him the best actor she'd ever worked with.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Shameless Custard on January 13, 2021, 12:45:45 PMRead on a blind gossip site once that Sigourney Weaver and James Cameron have a thing going where they meet up once a year in a hotel and spend the weekend together
Sounds like somebody read the story to that film 'Same Time, Next Year'.

Bodger and Badger. Really into fisting, apparently.

greenman

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 13, 2021, 02:27:42 PM
Bodger and Badger. Really into fisting, apparently.

If you look back their never far away from each other are they?

Sebastian Cobb

Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley were at it at one point weren't they?

Famous Mortimer

There's an oral history of "Dazed and Confused" where the cast talk about having sex with other cast members, but they were young and unattached so it's probably not quite what this thread is after.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Johnny Textface on January 13, 2021, 01:21:36 AM
Of course, if you want real chemistry between your leading actors, pick the ones that might have an affair. DePalma surely did this.

Might be hearsay but apparently Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner had a good time together on the set of Romancing the Stone and you can see it I think.
I think so too, I don't think I've ever seen such chemistry between two actors. Horny as fuck movie.

Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead on the Fargo TV series is the big recent one isn't it? Still together apparently. 

Johnny Textface

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2021, 02:36:35 PM

She seemed a bit out of his league to me.

Custard

Jane definitely bounced between Rod and Freddy

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on January 13, 2021, 06:53:29 AM
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie must have shagged each others brains out on the set of 'Mr & Mrs Smith', surely?  Was still married to Aniston at the time.

Anyone remember hearing the story of the prop guy walking in to the prop cupboard on the set of Oliver Stone's Alexander to find Colin Farrell balls-deep in an on-all-fours Angelina Jolie (who was playing Farrell's Mum in the film, Freud fans)? Apparently Farrell was fucking furious to be caught, where as Jolie found it to be hilarious.

I miss Holy Moly's weekly newsletter.

non capisco

I think it's safe to assume that The Krankies fucked everyone they worked with.

C_Larence

Apparently Timothee Chalamet had sex with both the actress who played his mum, and the actress who played his girlfriend during Call Me By Your Name.
https://twitter.com/CarlRLavigne/status/1166152108300619776?s=20

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 13, 2021, 02:36:35 PM

"Bleakley" sums it up I expect.

lipsink

It only came out a few years ago that Jean Claude Van Damme and Kylie Minogue were at it during the filming of Street Fighter (and while his girlfriend was pregnant). During that time JCVD had a massive coke habit and would call in sick most days. All while Raul Julia was dying of cancer. That set sounds fucking grim.

bgmnts

Were there any on set affairs that happened literally on the set during shooting? Would love to imagine Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher shagging in Mos Eisley cantina.

non capisco

Quote from: bgmnts on January 13, 2021, 10:38:27 PM
Were there any on set affairs that happened literally on the set during shooting? Would love to imagine Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher shagging in Mos Eisley cantina.

To the rhythm of that space flapper jazz music.

Noodle Lizard

Kristen Stewart quite famously had an affair with Rupert Sanders, the director of that Snow White film she starred in. He was married with kids and she was dating Robert Pattinson. Pattinson's since gone on to become a somewhat respectable actor, while Sanders has been forgotten since his widely-hated Ghost In The Shell adaptation. A bit of an own-goal in hindsight.

Speaking of own-goals, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard almost certainly got together on the set of The Rum Diary, preceding his split from Vanessa Paradis. We all know how that ended.

Glebe

Quote from: Johnny Textface on January 13, 2021, 01:21:36 AMMight be hearsay but apparently Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner had a good time together on the set of Romancing the Stone and you can see it I think.

In Conversation: Kathleen Turner.

QuoteHow difficult was it to deal with the knowledge that some guys in Hollywood had arbitrarily decided you were no longer viable as a leading lady?

It took adjustment. You have to remember that my first big role was Body Heat and after that I was a sexual target. I understood later, from Michael Douglas, that there was a competition between him and Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty about who would get me first. None of them did, by the by.

buzby

Quote from: Shameless Custard on January 13, 2021, 05:33:52 PM
Jane definitely bounced between Rod and Freddy
Rod and Jane had divorced in 1979. Freddy replaced Roger Walker in 1980 and he and Jane fell for each other, though they only married in 2016.

Quote from: bgmnts on January 13, 2021, 10:38:27 PM
There is the famous shot in ROTJ of Ford copping a feel after Leia is shot in the crossfire outside the Death Star II's shield bunker on Endor.