Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:54:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Website feedback surveys that pop up the very second the site loads

Started by Huxleys Babkins, January 13, 2021, 05:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
GET. TO. FUCK.

"Your feedback is important to us. That's why we want you to spend five minutes filling out this survey before you've even looked at our site. No, we won't let you actually look at the site unless you close it and, no, we won't be popping it back up again later once you've had a look around and could reasonably answer it."

Why do this? Why? What possible use can the data collected by such a survey be? 95% of people will close it in anger, the other 5% will be telling them to fuck off.

Feel free to use this thread to vent about this and other utterly fucking stupid website behaviour.

seepage

Which of the following EEPROM vendors would you consider purchasing from?:
1. Maximum Legend Gary
2. Lucky Doctor Electrics
3. EEPROMs of Barnsley Ltd
4. Shanghai Factory No. 3128

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on January 13, 2021, 05:39:26 PM
the other 5% will be telling them to fuck off.

On the rare occasion I've actually gone and done the survey - with the express reason of telling them to fuck off - there's never a little box to write some words to them, it's all a load of yes/no type stuff - so I'm denied the ability to tell, them to fuck off.

Usually with news sites I'll be halfway through the first paragraph before the cookie shit appears.  If I could opt-in to the old way of it silently giving you a cookie and them tracking you then I'd do it because I preferred that to how it is now.

And when I visit the same site a few days later it does the cookie shit again when I already did it a few days earlier, so the cookie isn't even a long-term one.

Malcy

Twonty Gostelow

Not a website survey, but a chance to vent about allmusic.com, a once great website that turned itself to shit 10-15 years ago with a redesign.

Now you get the usual Accept Cookies pop-up and no matter which option you choose it automatically redirects you to a website called Permisio. Stupid fuckers.

Ferris

I signed up for a loyalty scheme with our local B&Q equivalent because there's one 2 blocks away from the new place and I'm doing lots of fixing.

They emailed me for feedback ("we'd love to hear what you think! Complete this survey to help us out!") which I quickly scanned in case they were going to give me something or enter me into a draw (you end up winning those more often than you'd think because fuck all people enter). Nope, so I ignored it.

They sent me four unique followups, each more exasperated than the last ("we note you still have not replied to our request for feedback") like it was me who owed them something. Replied to the fifth one and told them to piss off. No reply, but the emails stopped.

The fucking cheek of it though.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Special K on January 13, 2021, 08:17:01 PM
https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/

Install this extension on any common browser and you won't see them again.

Absolutely brilliant!  Thank you.

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 14, 2021, 02:32:29 AM
They sent me four unique followups, each more exasperated than the last ("we note you still have not replied to our request for feedback") like it was me who owed them something. Replied to the fifth one and told them to piss off. No reply, but the emails stopped.

The fucking cheek of it though.

Fucking hell.  Who's your local hardware store employing to manage their feedback?  Capita?

Sebastian Cobb

Use ublock origin, make sure you've added the 'annoyances' filters.

Sebastian Cobb

Energy companies are the worst. The best possible experience is they supply you with energy (which technically happens without them doing anything really) and they leave you alone when they're doing it.

If you need to contact them, it's usually because they've fucked some billing up, and then it's a lot of fannying about and waiting to get some paperwork sorted.

Marner and Me

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2021, 10:13:20 AM
Energy companies are the worst. The best possible experience is they supply you with energy (which technically happens without them doing anything really) and they leave you alone when they're doing it.

If you need to contact them, it's usually because they've fucked some billing up, and then it's a lot of fannying about and waiting to get some paperwork sorted.
Found the same with phone companies, if you're wanting to give them money you get the English call centre. If you're wanting something cancelling off to India you go to speak to 'Phil'

Talking of call centres, one of my pet peeves is how easy it is to sign up for services and utilities online, but for them to not allow you to cancel that service online also. Forcing people to phone up to speak to someone who's livelihood depends on people not cancelling is a cunts trick and it should be illegal.

It should be law that if you can sign up for TV/Broadband/Phone/Insurance/etc. with a few clicks online, you should also be able to cancel them with a few clicks online. By all means keep the call centre as an option, but if I visit the "Manage my account" page, I expect to be able to fully manage my account. Big red CANCEL button front and centre, not a phone number tucked away on some obscure FAQ page.

Sebastian Cobb

Provided you're on ADSL/VDSL, you can switch broadband seamlessly by signing up with a new provider without talking to your current provider, same with phone I think.

If you're on Virgin Media you can't switch like that because it's an entirely different network outside of Openreach. I think you can do it in writing if you wish.

The whole Sky/Virgin trick of inflating bills after the introductory offer so lots of people just threaten to leave without any real intention of doing so, to get a better deal out of the retentions department is shit too.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 14, 2021, 11:22:51 AM
Provided you're on ADSL/VDSL, you can switch broadband seamlessly by signing up with a new provider without talking to your current provider, same with phone I think.

If you're on Virgin Media you can't switch like that because it's an entirely different network outside of Openreach. I think you can do it in writing if you wish.

Quite, but it's still a long way removed from a handy cancel button.