Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Masked Posties in your area

Started by Rev+, January 13, 2021, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Do you have them?

This is really where it's falling down here (Heavenly Homestead).  No posties, Amazon drivers or home-delivery supermarket drivers have bothered with masks at any point since the first lockdown, and I keep getting caught because there's that bleary-eyed 30 second time limit between me stumbling out of bed and them fucking off, meaning that in as rush to get to the door I'm not masking up myself before being handed a package.  One of us should do it, and obviously it shouldn't be me.  This goes for most tasks.

Just wondering about the mask standards for this sort of thing where you are, really.

imitationleather

We don't open the door to them and they just leave the stuff outside after they hear us shouting "Thanks!"

Bazooka

Quote from: imitationleather on January 13, 2021, 09:43:22 PM
We don't open the door to them and they just leave the stuff outside after they hear us shouting "Thanks!"

Never mind what you did before covid.

Malcy

Haven't seen the postie wear one and maybe half of delivery drivers do. My front door is usually open in all weathers for my cat to come and go so I usually just shout thanks from halfway up the stairs as I'm going down to collect whatever's being dropped off and don't really get close enough.

Ian Benson

Yeah, my lot aren't wearing masks. There's also a great situation for me where my address and an address just up the road in a little cul-de-sac bit are, to the untrained eye (the eyes of postmen), sort of similar, so I get woken up and asked "ARE YOU BROADBENT?" fairly regularly. One time I had the best part of an erection and I tried to tuck it into the waistband of my pjs but of course it sprang out and went shooting off to the side at the last second but luckily I curved my body to the best of my ability and he was so busy reading "BROADBENT" off the parcel for the millionth time this year that I think I got away with it. Weirdly it's the same postie more than half the time, though I must say that what he lacks in memory he more than makes up for in sheer face size. It seems absolutely massive in my mind's eye but then again I am half-asleep for all of our interactions and he is screaming at me the entire time so who knows?

jobotic

I have seen the birth of bad
I have seen declining tracks
I have seen masked posties in my area

(sorry)

earl_sleek

dissolute ocelot

My postie is very cheerful and looks like he should be in a Ned's Atomic Dustbin tribute band, but seems to regard COVID/working from home as a good excuse to have a chat with everyone. And no mask.

GMTV

timebug

Our local Postie does not wear a mask. He keeps to social distancing if he passes anyone in the street,and otherwise just carries on as usual.

Head Gardener

Dex Sawash

Head Gardener

future Posties, no mask required only a jet-pack