Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Virtual Audience

Started by Tony Tony Tony, January 14, 2021, 08:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

Having been on the mailing list for tickets to BBC comedy shows (and having attended a few recordings) I keep getting invites to apply for recordings as a virtual audience. The invite says you are encouraged to laugh, clap and react as if you were in a regular audience. As yet I haven't bothered to apply as sitting in front of an iPad doesn't seem the same.

Anyone been part of one of these?

Malcy

I've had tons of these as well but haven't done it. Every time they send one I decide that I'll watch whatever is getting recorded once it's out and see what it's like but I always forget.

I don't really find it appealing. Like you say it's not the same and surely the only plus of it is seeing/hearing something early. Especially if there's varying amounts of audience member hardware quality meaning really shitty sounding clapping and there has to be at least one who is pissed and probably has the whole family joining in and making a racket.