Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Leave.EU website currently suspended

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 17, 2021, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

In the latest example of Brexiteers wanting to have their cake and eat it:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/leave-eu-brexit-website-arron-banks-b1788267.html

QuoteThe website of pro-Brexit pressure group Leave.EU has been suspended amid a row over its attempt to switch its registration to Ireland to avoid losing its .eu domain name.

The group, founded by businessman Arron Banks and supported by Nigel Farage, moved its registration from the UK to Waterford in the Republic of Ireland shortly before the end of the transition to Brexit on New Year's Eve, to get round a rule stating that .eu addresses can only be used by individuals and organisations based in the EU.

But now the EURid agency which oversees the .eu suffix has said the site is under investigation following a dispute over the move...

Irish businessman Sean Power, who is registered as the legal owner of the domain, has said he has no links with Leave.EU...

In other news, this is the latest tweet from the organisation:

QuotePolice to get a range of powers against disruptive demos intended to hurt the economy and harm people's livelihoods.

No plans yet to give grubby protesters much-needed showers and common sense classes though.

They seem to have opinions on a lot of subjects that have nothing to do with the EU. I wonder how they'd feel if the new "range of powers" had been in place years ago and were used against anti-EU demonstrators.

Pink Gregory

If I were to imagine your average kipper personal hygiene would not be high up on the list

Fambo Number Mive

Nothing wrong with the smell of BRITISH sweat, cigars and whisky that kippers exude, it's the smell of (benefiting from the) hard work (of others).

canadagoose

I hope that Irish businessman gives Leave.EU the finger. Maybe he could put a message up saying "well you'd still have your domain if you were in the EU wouldn't you".

Fambo Number Mive

Leave.EU have recently complained about "tech tyranny"  and saying "the time has come for governments to take on Big Tech" - on Twitter. If Twitter was so bad, why are they still on there?