Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Weird full band photographs chosen for LP Covers.

Started by Absorb the anus burn, January 17, 2021, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

hamfist

Quote from: daf on January 18, 2021, 05:17:55 PM

Germans . . . obviously!

Swiss, going by the spelling of the title (Schtarch sy is the Swiss version of « stark sein » meaning « be strong »)

jobotic

sardines

Free spirited Kraut-rockers Embryo dip their toes into jazz funk - fusion and come up with this cover. In case you had any doubt whether to skip this one.

Mr Banlon

DrGreggles

Quote from: daf on January 18, 2021, 05:17:55 PM

Germans . . . obviously!

Germans... apart from the guy at the front, who is The BTK Killer.

Glebe

I guess the band photo on the cover of the Smashing Pumpkins' Gish looks a little strange (maybe it's just Billy Corgan's giant hands?), but I like it. Cracking album, too.

scarecrow

I don't know, for me it's the weirdly arrogant pose Parker has adopted combined with the otherwise very dull photo of badly dressed men and hideous graphics. Wouldn't be at all surprised to discover the record features well in excess of three guitar chords either.

El Unicornio, mang

This would be a good album cover for a pub/zoom quiz.

PlanktonSideburns

The Mollusk

Quote from: Tikwid on January 19, 2021, 09:52:16 PM

Looks like they got caught in the middle of kicking someone's head in round the back of the pub car park because the offending person took the piss out of their leg wear.

Gradual Decline

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: scarecrow on January 20, 2021, 12:55:24 PM

I don't know, for me it's the weirdly arrogant pose Parker has adopted combined with the otherwise very dull photo of badly dressed men and hideous graphics. Wouldn't be at all surprised to discover the record features well in excess of three guitar chords either.
What was the quality of the photos they rejected, if that was the best one, I wonder?

Absorb the anus burn

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: scarecrow on January 20, 2021, 12:55:24 PMI don't know, for me it's the weirdly arrogant pose Parker has adopted combined with the otherwise very dull photo of badly dressed men and hideous graphics. Wouldn't be at all surprised to discover the record features well in excess of three guitar chords either.
I do quite like those albums Parker did with the Rumour in the late 70s, but the absolute shocking cover of that reunion effort put me off ever listening to it, as much as I expected it to be a fairly mediocre selection in any case.

Glebe

Have that on CD. Think I bought it when I was working in Holland.

Gulftastic

It looks like the woman in white has magically produced the other woman from her vagina and is going 'TA-DA!!'

idunnosomename

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 18, 2021, 08:54:33 PM

Amazed to not see this yet
well they are just about the wettest of bands

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on January 21, 2021, 12:10:12 PM
A classic.

always love how shit this is as well as the narcissism of showing off their oiled pecs. it's so badly composed it looks like it was done under COVID-19. maybe they didn't want to get too close to each other because that would've been a bit gay

Mr Banlon

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on January 19, 2021, 10:47:48 PM
The Exmagma one is wonderful

Shame the music isn't that great

I take that back, just listening after over a decade since I got a Repress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NprktFGkN5c

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig