Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2021. Just a load of balls.

Started by Deanjam, January 18, 2021, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Great! Serena fuck off as well. What a great night for sport. Probably even happier about Serena injured than England put the Kronts to pasture.

See ya ya fucking idiot.

Cuellar

chveik

Quote from: Deanjam on June 29, 2021, 07:58:46 PM
Was a shame as well. Though it looked like Fed had turned it around, leading 4-1 in the fourth. But who knows what would have happened if it had continued without the injury.

it's fine, Gasquet will finish him

Deanjam

Quote from: chveik on June 29, 2021, 08:24:46 PM
it's fine, Gasquet will finish him

It seems unlikely, but you never know.

BlodwynPig

The French sports scene is dreck, fluffing their lines or succumbing to misfortune. Bah! I cover my eyes whenever something decent looks like its about to happen and then...yep... mannarino injured

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 29, 2021, 08:20:37 PM
Great! Serena fuck off as well. What a great night for sport. Probably even happier about Serena injured than England put the Kronts to pasture.

See ya ya fucking idiot.

You're hooped up on jingo juice

selectivememory

Quote from: Deanjam on June 29, 2021, 07:58:46 PM
Who the hell is winning this women's title? Got to be Barty's best chance.

Going to wait and see who makes it through the first couple of rounds before I foolishly predict a winner, but yeah, it's about time Barty did something in a major again.

chveik

Quote from: selectivememory on June 28, 2021, 09:20:02 PM
Unfortunately I haven't used one for a while and my old ones seem to be dead. Dunno if you'd have much luck trying to access the BBC streams using a VPN.

i've found one! watching mad man bublik now

Deanjam

Good effort from Boulter against Sabalenka.

Deanjam

Evans through in straight sets. Looked good. I really enjoy his game. Surprisingly it's the first time he's been in round 3.

Cuellar

What is the story with everyone slipping over? Come On Tim says the courts are the same as ever, but that's clearly bollocks.

chveik

Quote from: Deanjam on June 30, 2021, 05:54:30 PM
Good effort from Boulter against Sabalenka.

yeah good game that

watched a bit of swiatek afterwards, very impressive.

couldn't bare watching the french, they all tend to lose in 5 sets

Deanjam

Quote from: Cuellar on June 30, 2021, 07:32:10 PM
What is the story with everyone slipping over? Come On Tim says the courts are the same as ever, but that's clearly bollocks.

The theory is that because the roof has been pretty much closed for the first two days that is has added moisture to the surface.

Johnny Textface

Wouldn't be suprised if that's it for Andy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on June 30, 2021, 07:46:50 PM
yeah good game that

watched a bit of swiatek afterwards, very impressive.

couldn't bare watching the french, they all tend to lose in 5 sets

A smattering through only to be dumped out in next round.

BlodwynPig

And fuckign Kyrgios knocking out our only hope Humbert was a bitter pill.

selectivememory

Yeah, Humbert's shaping up to be a really good player for the French. Had a great grass season and won Halle. But then he had the awful luck of playing Kyrgios in the first round. Almost won it as well. Would have expected him to make the second week with a kinder draw.

Kyrgios is just the ultimate wildcard and disrupter these days. Wish he'd get drawn against Djokovic in an early round though.

Cuellar

Can I just shock you? I like Kyrgios. He said something that I actually thought was good, and I thought he was probably alright from then on. I can't remember what he was talking about or when he said it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Uneasy mix of alt-right public schoolers and FBPErs in the crowd joining together in Murray love.

WhoMe

I am enjoying Otte's 'fuck you and your come on Andy shit' energy. Determined to spoil the mood.

chveik

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 30, 2021, 09:32:21 PM
Uneasy mix of alt-right public schoolers and FBPErs in the crowd joining together in Murray love.

it's a bit disgusting if i'm honest

selectivememory

Quote from: Cuellar on June 30, 2021, 09:29:48 PM
Can I just shock you? I like Kyrgios. He said something that I actually thought was good, and I thought he was probably alright from then on. I can't remember what he was talking about or when he said it.

I like him too. He can definitely be a knob, but he brings something unique to the tour and I think on the whole he's probably a decent bloke. His matches in the first week of a major are almost always great fun. To be clear, I want to see him play Djokovic early in a major because I think it would be a nightmare for Novak. Nick would relish it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Murray's schizo now isn't he? Roaring at every point win and almost self-harming at every point loss. Pretty irritating to watch. Giving disabled people a bad name.

greencalx

Never understood why British players seem incapable of holding their serve when they're ahead.

chveik

Deanjam

Murray wins. I rather enjoyed that match. Lots of action and atmosphere.

bgmnts

Something in Murray seems to have snapped. He's gone mental.

rjd2

Could be end of the line for the Brits now.

Murray probably gets smashed by Shapolov and Evans v Korda is a 50/50 match up.

Norrie I suppose could beat Bolt though, but he's not the best is he?

BlodwynPig

With Cavendish winning a stage of the tour, England looking set for Euros victory, its all lined up for a GREAT BRITISH SUMMER OF JINGOISTIC IMPERIALIST FERVOUR

Chedney Honks

Time to spread our decrepit military graphene thin and take back the English Empire.