Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:04:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2021. Just a load of balls.

Started by Deanjam, January 18, 2021, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indomitable Spirit

Amazon commentary team is fucking DIRE.

Indomitable Spirit

selectivememory

Quote from: chveik on September 12, 2021, 09:49:59 PM
caught djokovic's post-game interview after the semi, saying that zverev was 'a good man'. sickening shite

I know. Last year when the story first broke, he was asked about it in press, and he gave an equivocating answer, but then went to Twitter to tell Zverev to "stay strong." So he's got form for going out of his way to defend abusers.

Blue Jam

chveik

selectivememory

Jim's probably my favourite commentator. Tim's OK, but it very much depends on who he's paired up with. The standard with Prime is generally much better than the BBC at Wimbledon. No Andrew Castle, Boris Becker or John Inverdale stinking up the place.

Great set from Medvedev. But start of set two is when Djokovic usually raises his level.

chveik

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on September 12, 2021, 09:50:56 PM
Amazon commentary team is fucking DIRE.

can't be worse than boris becker's hagiography of djokovic

Blue Jam

Has Medvedev got a burgeoning HAIIIIR IIISSSLAAAND? CaB's choice for sure.

Shittest tennis barnet ever is Tim Henman, no contest.

chveik

Blue Jam

Quote from: selectivememory on September 12, 2021, 10:05:18 PM
Context:

https://twitter.com/usopen/status/1437155795875946496

Yes, that was pretty legendary. Also: wheelchair tennis? I can't even begin to imagine the superhuman levels of upper body strength that must require, fair fucking play.

selectivememory

Don't think I've ever seen Novak with such crowd support in New York. I guess they really want to see the calendar slam.

chveik

selectivememory

Novak terrorising ballgirls. Would have been hilarious if he got disqualified in the same way as last year.

selectivememory

And the racket obliterated. He's about to blow.

Indomitable Spirit

AWWWWWWWWW HELLLLLLLLLL YEEAAAAAAAAHHH

chveik

selectivememory

Really enjoying this match now. Would be an absolute joy if this major ended with Medvedev trampling all over Djokovic's dreams. Nothing will top yesterday, but it would be a great note to end the whole thing on.

chveik

chveik

Quote from: selectivememory on September 12, 2021, 10:23:26 PM
Nothing will top yesterday, but it would be a great note to end the whole thing on.

i spose so, but i'm driven by schadefreunde

Indomitable Spirit

the virgin norwood 1 djokovic vs. the chad norwood 3a medvedev

FredNurke

Djokovic might be a Norwood 0, the microphone-headed 5G bastard.

chveik

selectivememory

Oof, bit nervy serving that set out, but he got it done.

buttgammon

This is very interesting indeed! Not what I expected from Medvedev (in a very good way), even with his double faults getting cheered and everything.

chveik

almost bottled it

hard to see djokster getting back from that

buttgammon

Fingers crossed Medvedev wins and to add insult to injury, Djokovic can't play at the Australian Open next year because he's not allowed to bring his tinfoil hat into the country.

selectivememory

Quote from: chveik on September 12, 2021, 10:49:51 PM
hard to see djokster getting back from that

Yeah, I think Meddy is going to be much tougher to beat from this position than Tsitsipas was at the French Open.

Novak seems tired from spending so much time on court, and tight because of what he's trying to achieve here. Medvedev is probably the nightmare opponent for him in these circumstances.

selectivememory

Quote from: buttgammon on September 12, 2021, 10:49:44 PM
This is very interesting indeed! Not what I expected from Medvedev (in a very good way), even with his double faults getting cheered and everything.

This is how I was expecting him to play in Australia, when in the lead up he had so much swagger. So it's great to see him bring it in this final. And I don't think he minds the crowd getting on his back. Likes being the heel.

chveik