Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2021. Just a load of balls.

Started by Deanjam, January 18, 2021, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

I'm going full on MTF now

djokotards will be in total RUINS now lulzzz

Blue Jam

Hope Djokovic takes that runner-up's silver platter and smashes it to fuck

selectivememory

lol "Greatest fans in the world" - how the fuck can you say that with a straight face after what just happened?

Blue Jam

Loving that "LIKE IT OR NOT GREATEST OF ALL TIME" banner. It practically screams "Djokovic, you've achieved a lot but you're still an unlikeable twat"

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 12, 2021, 11:44:21 PM
Hope Djokovic takes that runner-up's silver platter and smashes it to fuck

On second thoughts he's just going to fold it up and put it on his head isn't he

chveik

i wanna thank osama bin laden, you're the goat

chveik

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 12, 2021, 11:48:08 PM
Loving that "LIKE IT OR NOT GREATEST OF ALL TIME" banner. It practically screams "Djokovic, you've achieved a lot but you're still an unlikeable twat"

djokovic fanboys are the worst

FredNurke

Presumably there wasn't space to put 'WADA permitting' on at the end.

chveik

is there anything to look forward to for the next two months?

selectivememory

Indian Wells is being held at the beginning of October this year, though there's no Asian swing again. Then there'll be the usual European indoor tournaments leading up to the Paris Masters and the tour finals for the men. And I think they've just announced that there will be a WTA finals this year too.

chveik

cheers. maybe i'll watch the fed cup, it's the only tournament the french can possibly win

Chedney Honks

Feels like Raducanu is being set up to be a figure of hatred.

SACKED LIL OL COACH
PLAYED WITH ROYALTY

Feel like she's going to be cursed before the year is out.

chveik

that's how it works innit, tabloids hype her like hell and then they destroy her. the uk press is probably the worst in the world for that.

tennis players sack their coach all the time, and here it looks like it was just a temporary arrangement anyway

chveik

svitolina getting creamed by queen jabeur (won 9 games in a row) right now

Poobum

What I love about these lower tournaments is the absolute racket (hur-hur) going on. Enjoyed the Ostrava open which sounded like it was right next a freight train line. 

chveik

helicopter is a bit much though. and there's fuck all public

chveik

incredible stuff. she has to win the whole thing now

Poobum

Loving Putintseva being Putintseva here. Shithousing by changing her laces during van Uytvanck's service game, beating the shit out of herself with her racket, raging at randoms in the crowd, and nearly hitting a line judge with a with a thwacked ball after being broken.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

chveik

proud antivaxxer sabalenka has covid

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fans of Norriecore will enjoy his run to the final in San Diego.  Pushing top 30 now.

chveik

fantastic way to end the set! her fans are ace

chveik

ffs she's imploding

i'm done with wta

bye

rjd2

That Norrie result , fucking hell.

I don't have any issue with Ruud, his teasing of Kyrigos is funny, but it doesn't say much for the men's game that he is winning so much.

Also Rublev really if the supposed real deal should be winning events like that easily.

chveik

rublev is also an antivax cunt i believe. it will be interesting if they make vaccines mandatory at the AO

rjd2

It will end up like the NFL. Numerous players probably lean to the right but once it was spelt out to them the money they would lose not getting the vaccination they got the jab. Rublev, Tsitsipas, Svitolina, Saba probably the most high profile anti vaccination players will 100% get it for Aus.

Not sure about Novak, he loves that Slam, but unlike those 4 who probably won't overthink it he's probably a 50/50 shot to get it.

I think Konta and Schwartzman are anti vax, but don't quote me on that.

rjd2

Actually just checking Diego got mistranslated and is vaccinated.

Konta also vaccinated, but to be fait not sure she plays tennis anymore sadly.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

How has Murray ended up so - relatively - level-headed, in amongst a sea of total head-the-balls. Even getting away from Covid a sec. Seems like the Multimillionaires Tour is a parade of cocooned elitists, must be difficult to be around those people but similarly difficult to be around normal people.

Deanjam

There's more 'normal' people on the men's tour than not, it's just you only tend to hear about the weirdos. Of the winners of multi majors, Federer, Nadal, Murray, Wawrinka all seem fairly normal for millionaire sportsmen, unless I've missed something. Djokovic is a real outlier for stupidity amongst them.

chveik

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on October 05, 2021, 05:03:57 PM
How has Murray ended up so - relatively - level-headed, in amongst a sea of total head-the-balls. Even getting away from Covid a sec. Seems like the Multimillionaires Tour is a parade of cocooned elitists, must be difficult to be around those people but similarly difficult to be around normal people.

apart from the people at the very top, there's less money in tennis to be made than in football, nba, nfl etc.