Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wesley Crusher?

Started by Virgo76, January 19, 2021, 07:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on January 19, 2021, 02:48:42 PM
Yeah I was going to say, he was on BBT loads of times, as himself.
Well, a fictionalised version of himself. Generally having a good time being a bit of a smug evil mastermind, outdoing Sheldon in the fields of fandom and podcasting. The show had a lot of people from Star Trek (LeVar Burton aka Geordi LaForge was also very entertaining), but Wheaton was particularly game to make a fool of himself.

BTW, tonight on "Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away", the bailiffs are visiting General Bullshit to repossess some threads taken from Picture Box.

Cuellar

I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Mobbd

I'm normally the first person to defend him. Wil Wheaton had a shit time for a long time (listen to the podcast he did with Macaulay Culkin if you're interested or are a nonce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7VclcQlWpA) and the character of Wesley Crusher is perfectly interesting and a lot of fun if you watch in the right spirit.

But I'm pissed with him for hosting that CBS Trek "after show" thing. Sell-out rat bastard.

Mr_Simnock

Bev was my first TV crush, fair lot of anger when polaski turned up and replaced her for a bit...

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cuellar on January 19, 2021, 04:40:41 PM
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

He doesn't even know her!

Ant Farm Keyboard

Gates McFadden was removed from the show after the first season officially because showrunner Maurice Hurley found her difficult to work with. There were vague complaints like about stuff like the work they needed to handle her red hair (even as a wig) under the spotlights as it would curl fast. Years later, it transpired that Hurley was simply sexually harassing her and that she didn't want him around. Once Hurley was fired at the end of season two, one of the first things they did, because of the rest of the cast, was to rehire McFadden. Hurley may also be the reason for which Denise Crosby left the show earlier.
Similarly, Rick Berman apparently caused Terry Farrell not to renew her contract for the final season of DS9.
And if you want to dig deeper, Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) left the original series after half a season because she had been assaulted.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 19, 2021, 05:49:16 PM
Bev was my first TV crush, fair lot of anger when polaski turned up and replaced her for a bit...

Commander Troi works it in the episode Hollow Pursuits that I watched the other day.

bgmnts

I didn't really mind Wesley he was just a tad annoying.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: JaDanketies on January 20, 2021, 10:43:39 AM
Commander Troi works it in the episode Hollow Pursuits that I watched the other day.

I have an asymmetry fetish from those first seasons

Dex Sawash

Virgo76

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on January 20, 2021, 12:52:22 AM
Gates McFadden was removed from the show after the first season officially because showrunner Maurice Hurley found her difficult to work with. There were vague complaints like about stuff like the work they needed to handle her red hair (even as a wig) under the spotlights as it would curl fast. Years later, it transpired that Hurley was simply sexually harassing her and that she didn't want him around. Once Hurley was fired at the end of season two, one of the first things they did, because of the rest of the cast, was to rehire McFadden. Hurley may also be the reason for which Denise Crosby left the show earlier.
Similarly, Rick Berman apparently caused Terry Farrell not to renew her contract for the final season of DS9.
And if you want to dig deeper, Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) left the original series after half a season because she had been assaulted.

Interesting. Where are you getting this info from? Not disagreeing with it at all but would like to find out more about it.

Ambient Sheep

I thought Grace Lee Whitney was fired because she was an alcoholic who kept fluffing her lines, but maybe that's just the semi-official version and/or the result of said assault, which I hadn't heard of before.

I'd heard the rest, though.  (Except for "Blazing Bev", that's great!)

Marina Sirtis is great on Twitter.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: Virgo76 on January 28, 2021, 07:37:11 AM
Interesting. Where are you getting this info from? Not disagreeing with it at all but would like to find out more about it.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Grace_Lee_Whitney

And the harassment in the early years of TNG would be covered by NDAs after there was some kind of settlement. That's why there are just vague allusions from the cast. Apart from Terry Farrell who explains that Berman constantly wanted her to show cleavage by having push up bras or possibly a boob job and that she got tired of it. That said, her replacement didn't fit the criteria that Berman himself was attached to.

Virgo76