Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it too early for a re-assessment of This Time?

Started by Utter Shit, January 20, 2021, 02:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: pigamus on February 04, 2021, 06:12:32 PM
Probably bollocks, but my guess is the BBC approached them rather than the other way round, and they knocked something together to fit, and that's why it doesn't feel as painstakingly well thought out as other Partridge. Might be wrong.
"Back of the net!"
I could believe this. It's broader than any of their other AP.

JamesTC

Quote from: pigamus on February 04, 2021, 05:55:22 PM
Thing is, I can see maybe Alan being a sort of last-replacement, for ONE episode, maybe in the middle of August or something when all the bosses are on holiday. But the way it's set up I just don't buy at all. I can't suspend my disbelief that far.
Quote from: PeasOnSticks on February 04, 2021, 06:04:41 PM
To say nothing of the fact that he gets the permanent host gig on the back of his performances in episodes 1 and 2...

KMKYWAP, although ostensibly larger-than-life than TTWAP, makes it clear through the series that reviews are terrible, ratings plummeting, and the show is heading inexorably towards cancellation. Which makes a lot more sense.

I dunno, I kind of feel it is a play on the BBC pandering to a certain section of the audience who want people who "tell it like it is" (read: offensive right-wingers).

Probably reading into something that isn't there, but the idea of Alan riding an anti-woke wave to success works for me.

the

Is it not a pretty straightforward train of thought to think "what would someone with Alan's profile be doing in the media these days?" "Appearing on The One Show". Because he would (probably more as a correspondent than a presenter, but that's the setup that makes TT an Alan show). A series idea is born.

And this is the second time people have tried to 'explain' This Time by imagining BBC creative interference.