Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:56:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Playing Breath Of The Wild... again

Started by lazyhour, January 20, 2021, 05:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

If you're really desperate for Giant Ancient Cores, just look up online where to find chests with them in. There's probably at least a couple you've missed, and that will shave off time you'd have to grind for them. You'll be glad of that extra time when you're grinding for mushrooms so you can upgrade your trousers later.

McQ

Just duffed up two Lynels in a row! I'd been avoiding them up until now after a terrifying run-in I had with one very early in the game, but once you've got an upgraded Stasis Rune (and Mipha's Grace, just in case), and a bit of fighting experience, they're really not so tough. Bought a Lynel mask, also, but didn't end up using it, just drifted in on my paraglider and hit 'im with a few bomb arrows on the way down to introduce myself. Might go on a Lynel huntin' spree now I've got a taste for it!

McQ

Quote from: lazyhour on February 09, 2021, 04:06:44 PM
This idea, I like!

"What'sa matter with the clothes I'm wearing / can't you tell that they're ancient armour?"

Yes! This is really coming together. Best I've been able to come up with since, however, is something along the lines of A Talus of Frost to the tune of A Matter of Trust, but that's as far as I've got.

McQ

I've lived long enough to have learned,
The closer you get to the Lynel the more you get burned,
But that won't happen to us,
Because I'm off to fight a Talus of Frost!

There, that'll do. This thing writes itself!

Pink Gregory

lazyhour

Pono is a cute name.

McQ, I'm thinking we could get Ben Elton to write the book? It's got that classic We will Rock You vibe.

Ruto girl
She's been living in her Ruto world

Kelvin

lazyhour

Ah yes, you've reminded me how much I fucking loathe musicals.

Project's off.

McQ

You have NO AUTHORITY here, lazyhour. No authority AT ALL. (Ken Korda chuckle.)

jobotic

Quote from: thelittlemango on February 09, 2021, 02:53:53 PM
Bit of a spoiler there jobotic!

Sorry! Hadn't looked back in the thread so too late to cover it.

peanutbutter

Was messing around with CEMU and got it running at 4K with a solid 30fps, wound up playing two hours so I might be getting drawn back into this.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: peanutbutter on February 12, 2021, 12:05:07 AM
Was messing around with CEMU and got it running at 4K with a solid 30fps, wound up playing two hours so I might be getting drawn back into this.

I'm playing it on CEMU too on a pretty old laptop. I'm just using the default settings and it's perfectly playable - any 'must do' no brainer tips that would make it even better?

peanutbutter

Quote from: jamiefairlie on February 12, 2021, 05:15:23 AM
I'm playing it on CEMU too on a pretty old laptop. I'm just using the default settings and it's perfectly playable - any 'must do' no brainer tips that would make it even better?
Not really, just followed the configuration settings from the wiki and gradually bumped things up until I started having issues.
Got Mario Odyssey running reasonably well too.

Playing Nintendo games with an Xbox controller is a mad headache, mind.

madhair60

Edit: Decided to fuck off as advised

Chedney Honks

As I've said before, this game is a mirror to the soul.

Not being able to process weapon durability and embrace the fleeting transience of life demonstrates a cowardice to the reality of existence. Nothing is certain, all is wabi-sabi.

Timothy

-

Thursday

I'm sorry but I've been patient before with a polite "Yes I can understand why it's frustrating" attitude when people complain about the weapon degradation, but I'm sick of this discussion now. Fuck off and stop crying about it you stupid cunts.

Thursday

Haha I feel bad that posts have been edited now, I don't actually think you're stupid cunts to be clear.

Kelvin

Loving this new badboy personna, Thursday.

kittens

McQ

Well, after 190 hours, I've finally managed to complete all the main quests, every shrine, every side quest, collect every memory, and defeat Ganon. Actually, I saw Ganon off about a week ago (was a bit surprised by how easy he was, and managed to vanquish him on my first go, but I guess I was pretty strong from all the training I'd done and all the extra powers I'd acquired), but then did all the DLC and mopped up a few bits I've not gotten around to in the main game afterwards, and I've just now completed the Trial of the Sword. As Janelle Monae might say, what an experience!

Don't think I'm totally finished with the game yet, though, as I've still got a few upgrades to do on my various armours, and I might try and get a few more Korok seeds (although, not all of them, I don't reckon). I've also got a very patchy Hyrule Compendium, but I'm not sure I want to bother filling it in, really. Apparently you can buy entries, so I might just do that instead. I do feel like Nintendo are taunting me with that 32.43% completion rate in the corner of my map that I have now, though. Mate, I've been playing 190 hours! Probably what I'll do is just return to the game on a bit more of a casual basis from time to time and see if there are any other discoveries to make, and see if I stumble across any addition Korok seeds.

ZELDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gambrinus

I got 440 Korok seeds (or whatever it was that meant you could max out your inventory). Getting 900 has to be reserved for the deranged.

There's a bloke on Youtube who has the world record for 100% completion including all koroks. It took him over 18 hours. I cannot possibly fathom how much time  you would need to put into this game to do it that quickly.

McQ

Saw a fella on YouTube the other day that was doing a no-damage speedrun, and thirty hours in, got booped by a Bokoblin and lost a quarter of a heart and had to start over. Good lord! Think this game lends itself quite well to derangement, if that's the way you want to go with it!

McQ

Forgot to mention that I had a really magical experience with a sort of glowing mystical horse/owls-like creature the other day, also. I was tearing up the map with him, but then hopped off for a second and he was gone. I read up about what it were all about and found the backstory really quite moving.

C_Larence

Quote from: McQ on February 23, 2021, 10:19:23 PM
Forgot to mention that I had a really magical experience with a sort of glowing mystical horse/owls-like creature the other day, also. I was tearing up the map with him, but then hopped off for a second and he was gone. I read up about what it were all about and found the backstory really quite moving.

Is that the one that's dedicated to/based on Satoru Iwata?

Gambrinus

The white one at that pretty little pool? I think it is.

Kelvin

It is.
Spoiler alert
The luminous horse "thing" that you find at the top of satori mountain, near a cherry blossom tree. The name of the mountain and the description if you photograph it both imply it's a nod to Iwata.
[close]

jobotic

Wait, what?

I've got 21 shrines to go but I'm off to find this horse thing! Was pleased enough with the big black one.

C_Larence

Quote from: jobotic on February 24, 2021, 10:40:38 PM
Wait, what?

I've got 21 shrines to go but I'm off to find this horse thing! Was pleased enough with the big black one.

Not sure why we're spoilering things from a 4 year old game everyone has played but
Spoiler alert
it only appears when you see a beam of light emanating from the mountain, and I believe that's completely random.
[close]