Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Aleste Collection

Started by Chedney Honks, January 20, 2021, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Let me know if you want to discuss this because I've got a lot to contribute but I'm not going to bother if no cunt is going to pass the ball back.

Cold Meat Platter

So it's just the 8-bit games? odd choice. Fucking sick of the Youtube AIDS-crew wanking on about MUSHA though.

Should we not go to the other field? We can do five a side there.
I might be getting a ps4 on friday if I'm good boy!
Wanna play dangle feverlegs first though.

Bazooka

I'm not surprised by the price, physical only, maybe at half that.

Chedney Honks

Probably one of the lowest effort threads I've ever started. I just wanted someone else to say some great things about it because I'm too tired to but share the sentiment. My favourite game since err Demon's Souls on the PS5 which I can't really count. Probably favourite since Missile Dancer real talk.

Non Stop Dancer

Super Aleste is fantastic. Simple stuff compared to yer later bullet hell stuff, but always loved the power up system. When you get the top tier lazer you feel simultaneously invisible and terrified that you're going to lose it any second.

RHX

Surprised they didn't put Super Aleste on here but the new Game Gear Aleste they built for the collection is absolutely spot on.

They've got a new one coming out called "kids with tits" - https://m2stg.com/senxin-aleste/

Arcade only but they've been dropping hints that, you know, all in good time.
Looks fab! Better than Aleste Branch even!
Directed by Daisuke Koizumi (Akai Katana/Rolling Gunner)

QuoteSenjin Aleste features a new gameplay system compared to previous titles, with the player having access to four different ships and being able to swap between them during gameplay, with each ship having its own unique weapons.
Lives are tied to the ships, with each ship counting as one life, the game ending when all four ships are lost

Really enjoyed my time with the aleste collection. Having never played an Aleste game in my life, I think I'm a good rose-tinted specs free control and I say these games hold up really well.

A lovely change of pace. These console shmups are much friendlier than the arcade games that want your money and your life, they just wanna be your bessy mate and hold your hand and take you on a fun adventure.

Everybody was banging on about the new GG Aleste 3, which is great, but I thought Power Strike 2 was the star of the show, and it's the only game with more difficulty options other than special mode and turn off the slowdown. Had great fun playing that through on hard.

I'd rank them in this order

Power Strike 2
GG Aleste 3
Aleste
GG Aleste 2
GG Aleste

Even GG Aleste, which is almost insultingly easy is good breezy fun to play. I'd say there isn't a bad game on there. No complaints.

M2 are absolutely Aleste daft, but I'm totally OK with that, can't wait for more, new or old.