Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,181
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Driving 'to see the floods'

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 20, 2021, 11:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Captain Z

Oh, I can't wait to see those corpses

bgmnts

I can maybe, MAYBE, understand the urge to see a natural disaster like a tsunami or a typhoon but a fucking welsh flood? Sort yourselves out.

gib

hard to believe this is coming from a guy that only last month did a tour of the best european pubs with a good view of people looking at floods

canadagoose

It's snowing heavily here instead. Hopefully we don't get a whole load of idiots driving in to see it.

Pijlstaart

Love watching floods rise, there's that adrenaline rush as it laps against your feet. "Oh no, it's got me!" you can wank, imagining yourself getting pulled under to a deep-sea kingdom. Indeed the codified aquarium aesthetic, of gravel and underwhelming castles, is decidedly welsh is nature. The purest welsh are benthic and have to be partially submerged to apply their milt and complete their lifecycle, it's not pretty but it's niche, you can tell your grandkids about it, people will travel hundreds of miles to see a corpse flower in bloom, why not this? Completely get it, police are time-wasting busybodies, should be out on the streets arresting potheads, not doing this.

Shit Good Nose

Blumf

Driving to see the floods is nothing! People get in big planes and boats to go see the sun.

Me? I wouldn't walk to see a gentle breeze, mate.

Jittlebags

I've seen a dead sheep 6 feet up in a tree next to one of my local rivers, the Ogwen as it happens. I've also seen a dead sheep wedged in the roof, maybe 15feet above river level in a cave in South Wales. Weird stuff, water.

Cold Meat Platter

These people would probably rubberneck the holocaust or peer at Nagasaki ground zero were they able to. Shit yourselves inside out you gleet golems.

ZoyzaSorris

It's the pun-ridden tweet from the fire service that's the real crime here.

Chedney Honks

Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

A sentiment shared by anyone who's visited North Wales.

Icehaven

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on January 21, 2021, 02:22:38 AM
These people would probably rubberneck the holocaust or peer at Nagasaki ground zero were they able to. Shit yourselves inside out you gleet golems.

Thomas Cook did tours of the Somme pretty much as soon as WW1 had finished. For some it was to look for family members but given how expensive it was then it was mostly rich tourists going to rubberneck. People are strange.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 21, 2021, 01:42:00 AM
I've seen a dead sheep 6 feet up in a tree next to one of my local rivers, the Ogwen as it happens. I've also seen a dead sheep wedged in the roof, maybe 15feet above river level in a cave in South Wales. Weird stuff, water.

Roy Batty considers rewrite.

shiftwork2

Storm Christoph sounds too effete.  Oh la dee da a twig blew off and there was half a puddle, who's for lapsang souchong

Norton Canes

The Mollusk

Just off down the floods mate you want owt? Half a dozen dog eggs yeah, no worries.

Mr_Simnock

I like to drive to look at the floods inc ase there is stuck motorist I can laugh at, it's only a small fleeting treat but it's something for these dark times.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on January 21, 2021, 11:17:13 AM
I like to drive to look at the floods inc ase there is stuck motorist I can laugh at, it's only a small fleeting treat but it's something for these dark times.

Yeah personally I relish any opportunity to bust out the line from the old AA advert, "Need a hand mate?" and when they say yes you shout "THEN JOIN THE AA!" Nipping down the floods you are 100% guaranteed to be able to use that bit at least once or twice.

Beagle 2

I've literally just got back from a walk to see some floods. In fairness I do live in York, and they're at the end of my road. What can I say, they were wet and cold and spread out evenly to the extent of their level, absolutely classic floods.

Sebastian Cobb

There's one from Aberdeen recently where someone in a small car ploughs into a flood and starts floating for the pull-back to reveal there's already the same type of car floating in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQuJeNC0OE

It reminds me of this comedy gold from The Return of the Pink Panther

Norton Canes

When the bottom end of town flooded a few years ago I walked down for a look and it stank, man. Must have sluiced all kinds of foul substances up from the sewers.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 21, 2021, 11:42:59 AM
When the bottom end of town flooded a few years ago I walked down for a look and it stank, man. Must have sluiced all kinds of foul substances up from the sewers.

Had a mate that lived in Bewdley, which often flooded. Apparently the people who got it regularly often flooded their cellars with fresh water to stop the shitty floodwater coming in and making a mess.

buttgammon

One of the most dramatic parts of the flooding was the fact that floodwater nearly breached a factory where the AstraZeneca vaccine is being produced but anyone wishing to gawp as the emergency services worked to protect the building would've had to spend a freezing cold night in Wrexham Industrial Estate, which is punishment enough really.

Sebastian Cobb

Pfft, wake me up when the army get involved.