Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:44:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Driving 'to see the floods'

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 20, 2021, 11:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 21, 2021, 11:40:33 AM
There's one from Aberdeen recently where someone in a small car ploughs into a flood and starts floating for the pull-back to reveal there's already the same type of car floating in the middle of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQuJeNC0OE

Was hoping for a reveal more like

I can't ever see a red hatch car without thinking of our Ronnie

idunnosomename

There's one from Aberdeen recently where someone in a small car ploughs into a flood and starts floating for the pull-back to reveal there's already the same type of car floating in the middle of it.

It reminds me of this comedy gold from The Return of the Pink Panther

haha what the fuck. It's like they'll both float out into the ocean and up in the Sargasso Sea with thousands of other identical red hatchbacks

Sebastian Cobb

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jittlebags on January 21, 2021, 01:42:00 AM
I've seen a dead sheep 6 feet up in a tree next to one of my local rivers, the Ogwen as it happens. I've also seen a dead sheep wedged in the roof, maybe 15feet above river level in a cave in South Wales. Weird stuff, water.

buzby

The first one is a Mk1 Peugeot 107. The second is a Mk1 Hyundai i10. The silver car at the start is a Mk3 Renault Megane Coupe.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 21, 2021, 11:13:39 AM
Just off down the floods mate you want owt? Half a dozen dog eggs yeah, no worries.

Half a dozen dead kids aye? aye.

notjosh

Quote from: Beagle 2 on January 21, 2021, 11:38:04 AM
I've literally just got back from a walk to see some floods. In fairness I do live in York, and they're at the end of my road. What can I say, they were wet and cold and spread out evenly to the extent of their level, absolutely classic floods.

Jealous.

Paul Calf

dissolute ocelot

I know "good band name" is the worst of the worst, but I'm sure someone I know used to do the Myspace for an Austrian band called Storm Christoph. Their cover of Gloomy Sunday was quite something.

paruses

I like how the first post-Brexit storm has a good German name. An appreciated Fuck You from our ex.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2021, 01:06:18 PM

I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmm ... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion ... I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate ... Storm drains overflowing in Wrexham... All those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain

idunnosomename

Quote from: shiftwork2 on January 21, 2021, 11:07:23 AM
Storm Christoph sounds too effete.  Oh la dee da a twig blew off and there was half a puddle, who's for lapsang souchong
ooooh shut that door, i'll blow so hard you fall over! etc

Captain Z

Blade Runner starring Chris Rea, eh lads?!

Sebastian Cobb

Marner and Me

We've got Clifton Drive fields that was one of our local football pitches. They want to turn it into housing. The fuckers a flood plain. Who is seriously going to buy there?

NoSleep

Any new place where they start building, there's probably a good reason why our ancestors never bothered with that area.

BlodwynPig

The Colour Out of Space below the A1 today

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: NoSleep on January 21, 2021, 06:51:26 PM
Any new place where they start building, there's probably a good reason why our ancestors never bothered with that area.

Yes and replacing ground which collects water and slowly releases it, with tarmac and drains that dump it straight into the river, makes it worse for people nearby.

El Unicornio, mang

BlodwynPig

The Mollusk

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2021, 06:52:23 PM
The Colour Out of Space below the A1 today

Some Tarkovsky shit right there. Y Parth.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 21, 2021, 07:23:53 PM
Was the ice cream van still on top of the hill?

This one? Haha they're always there. Last time I bought from them was summer 2019, I guess their freezer was on the blink as I was given a melted Calippo :-(