Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Nation's Favourite talks about "the paranoia" Chris had

Started by muddybug, January 21, 2021, 06:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muddybug

From the book, The Nation's Favourite: The True Adventures of Radio 1 by Simon Garfield

I'm guessing "the paranoia" was due to Chris not wanting someone to edit the tapes he had?

the

What's the context of that conversation (and who's talking)?

muddybug

The author states that Matthew Bannister allowed him to attend and listen to meetings, etc.

So it's most likely maybe executive/producer types having that conversation about Chris.

the

So it's presumably a conversation between controller and publicist.

Assuming that this conversation took place before the broadcast of the first episode: Morris would've felt pretty embattled around that time from his experiences with Channel 4 pulling Brass Eye, delaying it and requiring changes. So he was probably in no mood to risk having his output mucked about with by nervous broadcasters.

(Disgusting Bliss paints a picture of Morris being completely worn out from dealing with Brass Eye, and Blue Jam coming about as a product of his mood at the time.)

Bannister had previously taken flak for Morris after the Music Show Heseltine announcement, so knowing what Morris was capable of, he would've been getting his iron shirt on.