Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:59:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

House party fines

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 21, 2021, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Only if the party is of more than 15 people though. Seems a very high number to start the higher fine at.

And like all fines, it's much more of a punishment the less money you have. So all the Hooray Henries having illegial house parties in Belgravia will carry on as normal.

Malcy

Saw on the news the other day that 4 people had been fined after posting pictures and videos on social media of a party they were at and tried to use the excuse that they weren't aware there was a pandemic on because they didn't watch the news.

Chedney Honks

Real talk, if I was running the gaff it would be a cast iron bolt through both temples to make sure, so eight hundred quid is getting off scot-free as far as I'm concerned.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Malcy on January 21, 2021, 05:40:52 PM
Saw on the news the other day that 4 people had been fined after posting pictures and videos on social media of a party they were at and tried to use the excuse that they weren't aware there was a pandemic on because they didn't watch the news.

Johnson sent a letter to everyone in May, plus even if they didn't read that they must have wondered why people were wearing masks and shops were shut. I hope they got short shrift.

Alberon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 21, 2021, 05:50:39 PM
Johnson sent a letter to everyone in May, plus even if they didn't read that they must have wondered why people were wearing masks and shops were shut. I hope they got short shrift.

No, I believe they got a fine.

El Unicornio, mang

I misread the thread title as "house party fires" and pondered that it might be a possible solution to the problem if the fines don't work.

jobotic

I've had some mental ones the last month, 100 people, big sound system.

If police come knocking we just torture and kill a fox in the living room or shoot some grouse in the bath and it's doffed hats and "enjoy your evening Sir".

Blue Jam

Is Neol Edmonds going to be campaigning against this?

dissolute ocelot

The famous 1994 CJA law against illegal raves allowed the police to seize any equipment (decks, amps, lights, generators, etc) and vehicles involved in an illegal rave. Surely this law should allow the police to seize your house if you're holding an illegal party in a property you own. That would be a deterrent for the rich who probably spend much more than £800 on a party anyhow.

Also, if you have fewer than 15 people at your party, they should fine you for being a billy no-mates who couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 22, 2021, 02:50:23 PM
Surely this law should allow the police to seize your house

No law, in any circumstances should ever allow the police to seize your house. Pandemic or not, can we please stop talking about extending the powers of the fucking police?

Utter Shit

Cheers Fambo, I misread the thread title as 'house party fine' and now I'm down £800

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 22, 2021, 03:36:43 PM
No law, in any circumstances should ever allow the police to seize your house. Pandemic or not, can we please stop talking about extending the powers of the fucking police?

I don't think they're talking about extending the powers of the police, just using ones already in place, since a portion  of the general public in this country seems unable/unwilling to do these things themselves.

Billy

I misread the title as "House party Fiennes" and was really disappointed to hear the bloke from The English Patient was now going to end up as exactly that. In hospital.

Pinball

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on January 22, 2021, 03:36:43 PM
Totally agree. As if this damn country wasn't already enough of a police state.

bgmnts

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/illegal-party-rhymney-police-covid-19683804

Probably going a bit fascist but totally happy with cunts getting fined, understand they're frustrated but so are most people. Selfish cunts.