Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fever 105

Started by beanheadmcginty, January 22, 2021, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanheadmcginty

I was just listening to Fever 105 from GTA Vice City here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icbXPB5vqCs

And for the first time (probably because I haven't listened to it in years) I noticed that the songs sound slightly 'off'. Have they just been slightly sped up or are they re-recorded versions? I can't work it out (I have zero understanding of how music works).

For example, compare the Mary Jane Girls at the 25 minute mark on Fever with the single here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oql4bV2h2B4

Anybody know what's going on?

Malcy

It's possible whoever uploaded the station has sped it up slightly. I've never noticed the in-game radio stations sounding any different than they should. I might stick the game on my iPad and have a listen to the station and compare it. I could open the PC version game files but I modded it so much that I'm not even sure the station is still there in it's original form!

GTA radio stations are superb. I found a spindle of cd's in a bag recently with copies of all the officially released ones from VC & SA. Made a custom SF-UR years back that still get's a lot of play. It was missing from the SA OST boxset.

Malcy

Right, by some huge fluke I managed to perfectly sync up the station in the game with the YT track and it plays the same for the first two tracks of the station in the video so I'm assuming It's the same for Mary Jane. Maybe it was sped up for a reason when they were making the soundtrack.

It's a bit spatial with the both playing so I'll mute till I get to the song.

Edit - The iPad version of the game started getting ahead of the YT version and by All Night Long it was at least a second ahead. Probably just a sped up version of the song. No idea why it's going faster on the game. Noticed it at the end of Oliver Cheatham.

mobias

To this day I still think getting stoned back in 2003 and endlessly mucking about in Vice City listening to those great radio stations is the best gaming experience I've ever had. Certainly my most fond gaming memories anyway.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth