Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The George Lucas Talk Show

Started by dr_christian_troy, January 23, 2021, 09:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishfinger

Still going. I assume there's no real episode right now.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on April 22, 2021, 09:14:50 PM
Thank you! I'll see if I can maybe share the video with you at some point soon.

I was a on a high last night and then started watching the playback today and the inevitable self doubt kicked in. It's been six years since my last recording so I'm pretty rusty. Plus I have the curse of subconsciously assuming I'll keep in touch with those I interview as friends, only to slowly realise that I probably won't hear from them again :(

I'm sure it's fine and hopefully others enjoy it - but yeah, damn my mind.

I must have missed DCT's reply way back in April. Has your interview with them been released anywhere? I'm sure you did an excellent job.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Dusty Substance on July 22, 2021, 05:47:16 PM
I must have missed DCT's reply way back in April. Has your interview with them been released anywhere? I'm sure you did an excellent job.

Thank you! It's taken a while but it's finally ready - more interviews coming soon too.

In the meantime, GLTS returns with a brand new episode tonight, with Paul F Tompkins as the guest!

My interview with Patrick and Connor is streaming on Sunday 29th August via Twitch (GrimWord) at 9pm. This Sunday I'm having a watch-along on the stream of the original Carson show, for context of the discussion.

Neomod

Quote from: Neomod on April 11, 2021, 08:24:49 PM
Semi related but I've really enjoyed Connor Ratcliff's Dead Eyes podcast, binging on both seasons this week.

I've never heard the GLTS as I'm a bit adverse to Griffin Newman.

I've completely come around to this and Griffin. His Watto is a joy.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: dr_christian_troy on August 21, 2021, 07:51:57 AM
Thank you! It's taken a while but it's finally ready - more interviews coming soon too.

In the meantime, GLTS returns with a brand new episode tonight, with Paul F Tompkins as the guest!

My interview with Patrick and Connor is streaming on Sunday 29th August via Twitch (GrimWord) at 9pm. This Sunday I'm having a watch-along on the stream of the original Carson show, for context of the discussion.

Caught up with the recent couple of GLTS - the Paul F interview was excellent. I'm not even the biggest fan of PFT but watching him being egged on by Watto to call up Patton Oswalt and Bob Odenkirk had me in stitches.

The new format of them being in the same location is actually better than before (I hadn't realised just how small Griffin is and how big Connor is until they were sat together on the sofa) and they're "only" three hour single episodes now instead of five hours including the bonus After Party eps.

DCT, is your interview available to watch/listen? I had a look on your Twitch channel but couldn't find it - Mind you, I find the the Twitch layout to be baffling.

Quote from: Neomod on September 13, 2021, 06:37:10 PM
I've completely come around to this and Griffin. His Watto is a joy.

Griffin's great and he'd be the first to admit that he can be a bit much when he gets talking passionately about something (the Blank Check episode of Robocop was 90% him). His Watto is so funny. Make sure you watch the Paul F episode to see Watto do something which leaves PFT unable to speak for about three minutes!

Neomod

I did.

A-wikka-wikkahh

Oh and a heads up if anyone doesn't know. Dead Eyes is back this month.

ads82

Just thought I'd give the CaBers a heads up on the GLTS Holiday Special that'll be livestreming for $10 on the 19th December. It should be lot of fun! Link below:

https://caveat.nyc/events/the-george-lucas-talk-show-holiday-special-12-19-2022

I'm still catching up on their back catalogue, which seems endless, with amount of hours they have filmed.

BritishHobo

Doing a show at the Soho Theatre tonight and tomorrow:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GLucasTalkShow/status/1644262679761289217

Eternally irritated at my own lack of effort to go and see anything that's on more than half an hour away.

stonkers

They're also at the Fringe this year.