Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:39:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 19, 2021, 01:13:06 AM
Fogg's devilishly hot always seemed like a rariety. Felt like Elvis coming back out for an encore whenever you walked into a common room with a bag of them.

My aunt once lobbed a bag of them of at us when we were sitting around playing nintendo or whatever and I think we reacted like when Oprah bought everyone cars.

They were black pepper spicy as well as chili spicy. Far more going on than your 'chili heatwave' dorito banter.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 18, 2021, 11:06:59 PM
I thought they were rancid, and I love spicy crisps and other snacks. Just bitterness and heat with no flavour. Different strokes etc.

I completely agree. One note bitter dry heat with absolutely no redeeming feature. No flavour, just pain. This is also from a spicy crisp fan.

Cold Meat Platter

Just been entranced by this online shop's display of snacks. Spellbinding.

https://www.falcononline.co.uk/groceries/snacks-ready-meals/crisps

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 21, 2021, 12:05:27 AM

"Kolson Slanty" sounds problematic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Would give those Chataka Pataka ones a go on my digestive system

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 21, 2021, 12:05:27 AM

OMG this is amazing - I have been trying to find a place that sold Indian banana crisps! cheers!

Also Fileas Fogg Devilishly Hot was the absolute tops - I used to love eating that with a can of lilt and get heart burn good times.

Sebastian Cobb

I got this as an impulse buy in Lidl, they are a bit weird, taste like everything (tangy toms, space raiders...) in the maize snack world and nothing at the same time. Seems almost a pickle onion taste that goes away and turns spicy if you keep eating them... bizarre.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 21, 2021, 03:17:39 PM

I got this as an impulse buy in Lidl, they are a bit weird, taste like everything (tangy toms, space raiders...) in the maize snack world and nothing at the same time. Seems almost a pickle onion taste that goes away and turns spicy if you keep eating them... bizarre.

They do pickled onion and onion ring versions as well. Both really good. High quality maize snack, not gritty or chewy but crisp yet yielding. These spicy ones are pretty much the flamin hot monster munch flavour or quite similar. These are the current executive officer for the week of maize snacks for me. They knock monster munch into a cocked hat. See how I haven't even capitalised their name.  May only be a central Scotland thing though.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's even more critical for the maize snack market to excel by accentuating its almost ghastly luridness. No-one wants a muted restrained maize based snack, it's just some crunchy sculpting that should be rights be sprayed in stuff that takes the roof of your mouth off. If it's proper, proper like.

Neomod

Are these new?

I don't eat Walkers because they are for skanks so have never noticed them before.

buttgammon

If they're hot dog flavoured, why does the colour of the packet scream 'CHEESE'?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 19, 2021, 12:28:14 AM
Back of the queue mate, Mignons Morceaux first.

And their Jalapeño Bagel Chips before those.  Still the snacks I miss most, closely followed by the above.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Neomod on June 23, 2021, 12:21:07 PM
Are these new?

I don't eat Walkers because they are for skanks so have never noticed them before.

Yeah they're a football promo. There's a chicken tikka masala flavour as well which I think I posted in here or the lockdown snack thread.

imitationleather

Hotdog and chicken tikka masala? Wut?

Surely football food is MEAT PIE.

Replies From View

WALKERS WANKCUNTS

horrible crisps is what you get when you try your hardest to engineer something edible for a crap, crap sport

TrenterPercenter

Has any mentioned the incredibly phallic picture on the front of Tyrrells black pepper crisps? Surely a piss take.

Also whilst we are on Tyrrells...these are great...

Sebastian Cobb

Just got some 'Flamin' Hot' Walkers.

They looked a lot like ready salted or tomato sauce so barely noticed them. I know Monster Munch are Walkers, but I swear some other brands are offering Flamin' Hot like it's an actual established flavour that tastes of a tangible thing rather than more of an abstract concept.

Also how is this right:
4x Double Decker £1.15
6x Finger of Fudge £1.15

I looked at the lables, the price of the fudges are about 20p more per 100g, absolute swiz.

Lord Jim

For me nothing will ever top "Claws" circa late 70's. Even now I am salivating.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tyrell Furrows pretty good.

For standard crisps Pipers are still boss

Blumf

Got some of these:

Haven't tried them yet, waiting untill I feel enough self loathing and hatred of the world.

Almost there.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blumf on June 23, 2021, 10:38:16 PM
Got some of these:

Haven't tried them yet, waiting untill I feel enough self loathing and hatred of the world.

Almost there.

They ain't anything spesch I'm afraid to report

Quote from: Lord Jim on June 23, 2021, 09:07:59 PM
For me nothing will ever top "Claws" circa late 70's. Even now I am salivating.

They had what looked like a picture of Ken Dodd in a top hat on the front.

Cuntbeaks

Crisp of the year so far. Delicate flavour, addictive texture and only £1.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 23, 2021, 08:58:30 PM
Just got some 'Flamin' Hot' Walkers.

These are not 'flamin hot' in the slightest. Imagine my shock.

(still tanned 5 bags for pudding last night though)

Neomod

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on June 23, 2021, 11:59:14 PM
Crisp of the year so far. Delicate flavour, addictive texture and only £1.

Sainsbury's have been doing something similar for years. Very nice they are too.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Neomod on June 24, 2021, 09:50:47 PM
Sainsbury's have been doing something similar for years. Very nice they are too.

Gentrification that.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Keogh's Truffle and Real Irish Butter.

You can really taste the butter.

Sebastian Cobb

buttered flavoured crisps is genius, why has it taken until now?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 24, 2021, 10:01:30 PM

Cultural marxism.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 24, 2021, 10:01:30 PM
I know, right? It's a completely different taste to the generic "spice" or "meat" flavour most "exotic" flavours of crisps fall into.