Author Topic: Crisps [split topic]  (Read 24345 times)

DJ Bob Hoskins

• Going mental in a dustbin
Re: Crisps [split topic]
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2021, 06:49:34 PM »
I've never seen a real life Tayto packet before so I've no idea if they were historically accurate or not. Should fucking hope so though, given the effort they've gone to.

Those are contemporary packet designs. Back in 80's Ireland - whether you were from north or south of the border - chances are you were weaned on Tayto. These anachronistic props are not only bordering on sacrilege, but frankly put the entire peace process in jeopardy.

icehaven

• WORLD'S BIGGEST RIP OFF: $100 PER PERSON
« Reply #751 on: October 13, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »
Those are contemporary packet designs. Back in 80's Ireland - whether you were from north or south of the border - chances are you were weaned on Tayto. These anachronistic props are not only bordering on sacrilege, but frankly put the entire peace process in jeopardy.

They're also quite garish.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

• Ring my beh-eh-ell
« Reply #752 on: October 17, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »
Lidl have introduced a range of seasonal crisps in the run up to Halloween. Wrong season, though: it's Christmas flavours as opposed to anything pumpkin-related, or brains. Quite a few varieties to choose from, although I somehow managed to restrain myself to just Lobster Cocktail and Pigs in Blankets. The former were great, like a slightly sweeter prawn cocktail. Plenty of flavour, and a crunchy texture. Good size rounds, as well. I presume the polite euphemism is that it's a "sharing bag", but I guzzled the lot in short order.

The Pigs in Blankets are similar in terms of crunch and size, and there is no doubting the piggy bouquet as you approach the packet. The flavour is intense, and quite convincingly bacony, at least to this long-term vegetarian, but very long on the palate. So long, in fact, that I had a handful about five hours ago, and I can still taste them on and off. To be blunt, more repeats than UK Gold.

seepage

• Undetectable in normal everyday use
« Reply #753 on: October 18, 2021, 02:47:08 PM »
No crisps in the Co-op. Had to buy a multipack of Walkers 'Oven Baked' instead. Also purchased a single Magnum instead a box of several, which is worse than a war crime apparently.

Tags: