Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoyzaSorris

Count me in on the list of salt and vinegar coop secret masochistic crisp chemsex club. Fucking bonkers. End of crisp history.

Kankurette

Steak and pie Walkers. Love it.

I don't even eat meat, and yet.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: stonkers on June 09, 2021, 11:38:49 PM
These things are phenomenal, I've only seen them turn up occasionally in corner shops, not in supermarkets

Wow, and this is replacing the pound coin?

Jockice

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 25, 2021, 01:58:07 PM
I've been going back to basics recently and buying plain Walkers. Solid all-rounder.

I've really got into plain McCoys recently. I've always thought ready salted crisps were just boring, the last resort, but after buying a few variety packs I've surprised myself by eating them before the salt and vinegar and even on one occasion the cheese and onion ones. Must be a sign of old age as during my childhood my mum regularly told me that plain was the only flavour available when she was a girl and I regularly sneered at her for living in such primitive times.

As for some of the choices on here, I'll just say that they should be banned by law. For me there are few things more irritating in life than someone getting a round in coming back with fucking Doritos or some other weirdo flavour things. The only varieties that should be allowed are the aforementioned crucial three, smokey bacon, roast beef (withough without bastard mustard), roast chicken (although I've never been overly keen on these and haven't had or even seen a pack for years) and pickled onion (which I love despite never having eaten a real pickled onion in my life.) I feel very strongly about this. If I ever launch a coup in this country, the first thing I'll do is limit the choice orf crisps to the above. It's for your own good you know.

seepage

Yes, what I don't miss about face-to-face gaming evenings is what other people think is an acceptable snack: seemingly endless giant bags of lime doritos [but no dip] or raw nut & dried fruit mix, which would go mostly uneaten as it contained bits of cranberry and most players would be on statins.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Jockice on June 10, 2021, 07:32:01 AM
(which I love despite never having eaten a real pickled onion in my life.)

Mate. Get yourself a jar of Garners Originals and get crunching.

Bazooka

I've really got into plain McCoys recently. I've always thought ready salted crisps were just boring, the last resort, but after buying a few variety packs I've surprised myself by eating them before the salt and vinegar and even on one occasion the cheese and onion ones. Must be a sign of old age as during my childhood my mum regularly told me that plain was the only flavour available when she was a girl and I regularly sneered at her for living in such primitive times.

As for some of the choices on here, I'll just say that they should be banned by law. For me there are few things more irritating in life than someone getting a round in coming back with fucking Doritos or some other weirdo flavour things. The only varieties that should be allowed are the aforementioned crucial three, smokey bacon, roast beef (withough without bastard mustard), roast chicken (although I've never been overly keen on these and haven't had or even seen a pack for years) and pickled onion (which I love despite never having eaten a real pickled onion in my life.) I feel very strongly about this. If I ever launch a coup in this country, the first thing I'll do is limit the choice or crisps to the above. It's for your own good you know.

The salt and vinegar McCoys are the lowest in the ranking, a pack is either just plain with a hint of vinegar and zero salting, or sweet with a hint of vinegar.

buzby

As for some of the choices on here, I'll just say that they should be banned by law. For me there are few things more irritating in life than someone getting a round in coming back with fucking Doritos or some other weirdo flavour things. The only varieties that should be allowed are the aforementioned crucial three, smokey bacon, roast beef (withough without bastard mustard), roast chicken (although I've never been overly keen on these and haven't had or even seen a pack for years) and pickled onion (which I love despite never having eaten a real pickled onion in my life.) I feel very strongly about this. If I ever launch a coup in this country, the first thing I'll do is limit the choice or crisps to the above. It's for your own good you know.
Battle line is drawn.
#RIPBrannigans #NeverForget

The McCoys' 'Meaty' multipacks consist of Sizzling Steak, Smokey Bacon and Roast Chicken flavours.

Kankurette

I wish they'd bin off the roast beef for that Oriental BBQ purple one or whatever it's called.

Greg Torso

Salt and Vinegar crisps are - by far - the shittest fucking flavour of crisp and anyone who actively seeks them out and thinks they are 'wicked tasty' needs to be separated from society and sent to live on a volcanic atoll in the middle of the ocean where they can all dad-waddle around boring the living cocks off each other about how much their gums hurt.

Bazooka

Quote from: Greg Torso on June 10, 2021, 11:13:43 AM
Salt and Vinegar crisps are - by far - the shittest fucking flavour of crisp and anyone who actively seeks them out and thinks they are 'wicked tasty' needs to be separated from society and sent to live on a volcanic atoll in the middle of the ocean where they can all dad-waddle around boring the living cocks off each other about how much their gums hurt.

Come on squire, we both know these are the cancer of the snack world:

Greg Torso

Ha, yeah those are shite but aw, wave of snack nostalgia spreading outwards from my rotten core, going downstairs to the Familymart at 3 in the morning to get a packet of these horrors -

Greasy dried vacuum sealed noodles fried in cancer, with a little medicinal bottle of ergoutou to keep the shakes away, cheeky wink at the counter girl then back upstairs to watch some pirated Deadwood DVDs

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

despite never having eaten a real pickled onion in my life

But why though? It's not like it's some outlandish thing like monkey brains or something. Do you really want to go to your grave having never eaten a pickled onion?
If I knew you in real life I'd force you to eat one.

Jockice

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 10, 2021, 02:36:09 PM
But why though? It's not like it's some outlandish thing like monkey brains or something. Do you really want to go to your grave having never eaten a pickled onion?
If I knew you in real life I'd force you to eat one.

Not really. I just didn't like onions as a kid (well boiled ones particularly, in the mince and tatties my dad said he would eat every day given the chance) and even into my 30s if I was getting a burger I'd ask for it without onions. And get looked at by whoever was serving me if I'd asked for it with dog shit smeared across it. Absolute disbelief that someone could ask for a burger with cheese on it and nothing else. And I really did mean nothing else. Mayo and gherkins are two of my other pet hates. I didn't mind lettuce and tomato but if I asked for that it would just confuse them too much.So I had to make it very specifically clear. Bun, meat, cheese. And nothing else. Please. Even then probably about half the time they'd try to put something else on. It would blow their tiny minds.

I have mellowed since those days though. I haven't had a meat burger for years but if I order a takeaway veggieburger I'll sometimes have onion on it. Only the cold sliced variety though. As part of a salad. I'm still not a fan of it being hot though which I've always imagined pickled onions tasting like. But as I said, I like pickled onion crisps/snacks and also spring onions (or sibies as we called them in Scotland. Not long after we moved to England my mum sent me to the shop to get some stuff including sibies and the shop assistant didn't  know what I was on about). I hate spring onion crisps though. They're horrid.

I wouldn't be totally averse to trying a pickled onion nowadays though, but the opportunity's just never come up, But if it does I'll call you up and you can forcibly shove it down my gullet. If you want.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Natnar

Quote from: Greg Torso on June 10, 2021, 02:06:37 PM
Ha, yeah those are shite but aw, wave of snack nostalgia spreading outwards from my rotten core, going downstairs to the Familymart at 3 in the morning to get a packet of these horrors -

Greasy dried vacuum sealed noodles fried in cancer, with a little medicinal bottle of ergoutou to keep the shakes away, cheeky wink at the counter girl then back upstairs to watch some pirated Deadwood DVDs

That just looks like someones glued a load of fag ends together.

Jockice

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 10, 2021, 03:15:58 PM
Ooh, yes please!

You'll have to join a very long queue.

(PS, one of the most annoying things about my burger joint nightmares was those places that would put everything on unless you specifically asked them not to. Then get narky if you ended up with some piece of muck on it you didn't want and you dared complain, even if there had been no previous mention of it. That's not how it should work. That would be my second law after the ban on weirdo crisps. You'd have to ask for things to be put on your burgers, rather than asking for them NOT to be put on. Much more sensible.)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 09, 2021, 05:10:56 PM
I bought some of the Space Raiders. The beef ones are quite nice and flavoursome, kind of like they've been dipped in beef dripping. Pickled onion I'm not so keen on. It does taste similar to the crisp flavour, but doesn't mesh well with potato.
Haven't tried Hula Hoops.

I want to try them but it'll involve cycling to an industrial estate and I can't really be arsed. Although I like the pickled onion maize snacks the idea of it on cooked potatoes sounds revolting.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jockice on June 10, 2021, 03:50:10 PM
You'll have to join a very long queue.

(PS, one of the most annoying things about my burger joint nightmares was those places that would put everything on unless you specifically asked them not to. Then get narky if you ended up with some piece of muck on it you didn't want and you dared complain, even if there had been no previous mention of it. That's not how it should work. That would be my second law after the ban on weirdo crisps. You'd have to ask for things to be put on your burgers, rather than asking for them NOT to be put on. Much more sensible.)

Bet you'd like The Counter, they just give you a sheet and you tick off what you want.

imitationleather

Apparently the Space Raider potato shapes are nice.

Can't ever see myself in an Iceland, though.

Gurke and Hare

Any onion that isn't cooked so much that there's no resistance when you bite into it is vile. Post

Replies From View

Quote from: Piles the Beaver on April 11, 2021, 10:29:43 PM
Crisps. But you buy them frozen and cook in your own oven!

"Salted flavour"

"What do you use for that?"

"Guess."

"Salt?"

"Nope."

Replies From View

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on June 09, 2021, 05:05:37 PM
Have we done the Co-Op own brand salt and vinegar ones yet? They are fucking amazing!

Own-brand kettle chips mate

Nothing wrong with that, but it's what they are.

Replies From View

Quote from: Greg Torso on June 10, 2021, 11:13:43 AM

Why would this be true.  What is added to proper chips when you go into a fish and chips place.  No I mean properly, when all the newfangled melted cheese and gravy nonsense is extracted from the resort.

Correct:  it is salt and vinegar

"But I love some kind of orange juice and curdled milk concoction added to my chips so therefore you are wrong!"

Mate I am talking about proper things.  Not when you go somewhere and they mix up food with phlegm because they are all blind in there and lack their sense of smell and taste as well.  I'm talking about actual things that real people enjoy rather than wacky millennial fads.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: imitationleather on June 10, 2021, 04:27:31 PM
Apparently the Space Raider potato shapes are nice.

Can't ever see myself in an Iceland, though.

They do deliveries, if you ever feel in need of a large amount of frozen foods.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 10, 2021, 05:06:32 PM
They do deliveries, if you ever feel in need of a large amount of frozen foods.

It's 40 quid minimum or something though. How big's your freezer?

Gulftastic

These are the absolute dogs.

I remember when they first came out, and one of our circle bought a packet in the pub. He took one bite then insisted that we all tried them because they were so fucking tasty.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 10, 2021, 05:07:35 PM
It's 40 quid minimum or something though. How big's your freezer?

Chest freezer mate. Chest freezer. Got it crammed full of novelty bullshit.

Sebastian Cobb

Lucky you. I've got a fridge freezer which is ostensibly a reasonable volume but seems to get full of half-used useless stuff I dare not throw away. Big cellophane bag full of a few yellowing cauliflower florets and that.

Jockice

Quote from: Gulftastic on June 10, 2021, 05:11:10 PM
These are the absolute dogs.

I remember when they first came out, and one of our circle bought a packet in the pub. He took one bite then insisted that we all tried them because they were so fucking tasty.

How many died? I've had one bite of one. They are disgusting!