Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:37:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury '05 BBC Coverage

Started by A Passing Turk Slipper, June 24, 2005, 03:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Passing Turk Slipper

I'm really enjoying them. He's putting a lot of energy into it, the guitar sound was a bit cack at the start but I Think I Smell a Rat was class, and the song that's on now is good as well. I hope they play some more stuff from White Blood Cells. I like they're attitude to performing live though, never writing any setlists, lots of energy, changing the vocals. Really theatrical and fun.

Beagle 2

I think nurse was never going to be a great live track to broadcast. They tend to slay live though, and I still love them despite the last album...

C'mon, give us a bit of hello operator purrrlease!

And shut the fuck up between songs

A Passing Turk Slipper

Wow, they're doing a wonderful Hotel Yorba now. His voice is sounding a lot better now.

Goldentony

picked up now i reckon, xylophone one was decent and hotel yorba is sounding very nice.

weirdbeard

How long has Jack White been looking like Dan Ashcroft?

Beagle 2

He's going over the top with the warbling tonight

Nah, that was one of the worst Jolenes I've heard them do. Ooh, might pick up now.

Goldentony

stop singing into the mic by the druuuums you cant hear fuck aaaaall.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Woo! Ball and the Biscuit. He's going to go I bit mad at the distorted bits I'm predicting.

A Passing Turk Slipper

How is this anything other than great? I'm loving this, the way he's switching around mid song, the interaction between him and Meg, his enthusiasm. He must be having lot's of fun.

Beagle 2

I'm enjoying it alright, just seems below par for them all round. God I wish I was there.

Goldentony

haah this is all marvellous now. weeee.

A Passing Turk Slipper

This is just fucking excellent now. I'm grinning like a right loon. Back to Ball and the Biscuit again wheeee. I hope they show most of the set.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Baaah. I want them to show more. They were just starting the Hardest Button to Button as well. I hope their set comes up on UKNova.

Goldentony

cut off, curses, that was great, bit of a slow start.
i wish they'd done 'when i hear my name'.

TTT

the rest of the set is on bbc3 now

A Passing Turk Slipper

They're back on 2 apparently at 1230. Probably for the last half hour of their set. I wish I'd got a freeview box now.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Something I've always wondered: is the whole of Glastonbury (every act, every stage, every tent) officially recorded by someone? Is there an official Glastonbury archivist who preserves everything, whether it goes out on radio/TV or not? Or is the only footage that exists the stuff that gets broadcast on the BBC?

What's the archive status of old Glastoburys (eg, from the late 80s)? In the years before it was on TV, I mean.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Something I've always wondered: is the whole of Glastonbury (every act, every stage, every tent) officially recorded by someone? Is there an official Glastonbury archivist who preserves everything, whether it goes out on radio/TV or not? Or is the only footage that exists the stuff that gets broadcast on the BBC?

What's the archive status of old Glastoburys (eg, from the late 80s)? In the years before it was on TV, I mean.

They only film the 'main' stages, and no, not every act. I'd love to hear a bootleg of Primal Scream's headline set from 99.

The Mumbler

I'm not sure, but New Order's entire 1987 set was released as a Radio 1 Live In Concert in 1992.   And I'm not entirely sure if the whole set was originally transmitted by Radio 1.

Beagle 2

I was just going to say they've been fucking amazing last few songs and meg opened her gob... Nah this is fantastic.

A Passing Turk Slipper

What have they done since they got put off BBC2?

dot

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"Something I've always wondered: is the whole of Glastonbury (every act, every stage, every tent) officially recorded by someone? Is there an official Glastonbury archivist who preserves everything, whether it goes out on radio/TV or not? Or is the only footage that exists the stuff that gets broadcast on the BBC?

who let you out of comedy chat, bloody archiving indeed.

Beagle 2

They just (edit: as in just now not just that)  finished off with seven nation army, can't remember what was on which channel now, I should imagin they're gonna repeat it now on two

A Passing Turk Slipper

Is that the end of the set then? Hopefully BBC2'll just pick up where they left off.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "dot"

who let you out of comedy chat, bloody archiving indeed.

Yeah, but I wonder: if The Ozric Tentacles really wanted their set from 1992 released on CD, are they limited to whatever the BBC/C4 recorded at the time? Or is there an official Glastonbury recording made of every act? Otherwise, are bands entitled/encouraged to arrange their own recordings for their own archives?

dot

no idea mate. It's a shame there isn't an "archiving, making lists, and dealing with the boring bits around whatever you find entertaining" forum, then you wouldn't have to bother with all this dull music and comedy.

dot

Haha "not again!" poor thing

edit: oops, that was supposed to be in the big brother thread

VernonKaySuicideWatch

Babyshambles were absolutely fucking terrible.

Doves were great - they are always great.  And they're bloody nice blokes too.

Fatboy Slim's set looked the bollocks.  Are they selling 'shrooms at Glasto this year?  I'm sure a few consumed before this show would rule out the need for those 3D specs.

Quote from: "Beagle 2"Babyshambles are such a nothing band (who just conducted the worst interview of modern times, how come people are interested in this bloke?)

My bum is still clenched from the embarrasment of that interview.  Colin and Edith hamfistedly interviewing a bunch of stonewallers.  It was funny when Colin asked Pete Doherty about the Libertines' two appearances at Glastonbury and he replied that he had been thrown out of the band just before each performance (or something like that, I can't quite remember - I was watching the interview through the gaps in my fingers*)

* Yes, I know that strictly this wouldn't affect my hearing and memory, but it seems to have done so