Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Godzilla vs Kong

Started by Butchers Blind, January 24, 2021, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surreal

Quote from: Glebe on January 25, 2021, 12:43:13 PM
Just seen this:

Spoiler alert
Kong kills Godzilla but Godziila will return!
[close]

Three bags of popcorn.

Or it's
Spoiler alert
actually MECHAGODZILLA!! Ahh, do you see...
[close]

Replies From View

Quote from: Spiteface on January 25, 2021, 09:34:41 PM
If leaks of toys last year are to be believed, might be happening. Apparently one of the toys at some trade show (i.e. not intended for the public to see but some stuff still got out) was a MechaGodzilla.

Chedney Honks

That's really cute, I like that guy.

Replies From View

I had it and loved it.  I think it's amazing it didn't hang around in the way Pop Up Pirate did.

I suspect it's because it was presented as one of a range rather than its own toy.  The other "T.H.I.N.G.S." (you can see them there on the back of that box) were sub-Screwball Scramble efforts and pulled Eggzilla down with them.

idunnosomename

thing is if godzilla is mechagodzilla in disguise, the title is a sham. a mere hoodwink! a bamboozle! a hoax! a chicane! jiggery-pokery! skullduggery! shenanigans! monkey-business!

Bazooka

No no, you have it all wrong. Mechagodzilla is when Godzilla goes on holiday to Mecca, it being religious the film makers have to be very sensitive in how they portray it.

Chedney Honks

No chance this will be anything but shit.

Watch Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack

Bad Ambassador

Mecca Godzilla is when he goes off to bingo and gets wankered on lambrusco.

Replies From View

I've always held a soft spot for Macca Godzilla.  "dey do dough don't dey dough....roooooaaaaaaaaaaarrr"

Kong played with the group during the Quarrymonster days but was fired for being a shit, hairy drummer.  Now he's having his revenge.

Replies From View

which film will have ddiy kong in it.  love that little arsehole  "let me attim, LET ME ATTIM!!" haha

sirhenry

Quote from: Pete23 on January 25, 2021, 10:01:30 AM
Looks a bit biased towards Kong to me. Bet he gets the girl as well.
Of course it is as this appears to be just a US vs. China allegory, even though Godzilla is from Japan and was created by the US nuking the Pacific.

I really thought that Godzilla had been a hero for the last 4 decades or so. But then I haven't watched the US movie reboots of the last few years, so maybe making him the villain again is nothing new.

Chedney Honks

Sir H, I would really recommend Shin Godzilla, the 2016 Japanese film. It's possibly the best somewhat serious one since the original, I reckon. The American ones are pretty boring, in my opinion.

Magnum Valentino

There's a Japanese military lad in Shin Godzilla who says, in the dub, "Good job, USA!", after an apparently successful rocket strike.

Shin Godzilla fucking rules, it's a deeeeeadly film.

sirhenry

Quote from: Chedney Honks on January 30, 2021, 08:43:19 PM
Sir H, I would really recommend Shin Godzilla, the 2016 Japanese film. It's possibly the best somewhat serious one since the original, I reckon. The American ones are pretty boring, in my opinion.
Cheers, I should have it by tomorrow. From what little I've read about it in the last 5 minutes, it seems to have gone back to the allegorical roots, albeit updated. Hopes raised...

Chedney Honks

Great stuff, I'll be keen to hear your thoughts.

Return of Godzilla aka Godzilla 1985 (American edit) is also a more serious take, somewhat in line with the original, and also great. It's intended as a sequel to the original and references it, but with a Cold War backdrop. It's more playful and charming than that sounds. The soundtrack is probably the best after the original. Heavy synths. The closing theme is also marvellous.

https://youtu.be/eStYwCcz2HI

Bazooka

Take now Godzilla!, Take care now Godzilla!

Replies From View

Which is the film that has the Queen Kong, the Knight Kong, the Bishop Kong, the Rook Kong and so on?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on January 31, 2021, 12:31:24 AM
Which is the film that has the Queen Kong, the Knight Kong, the Bishop Kong, the Rook Kong and so on?

Sorry but I don't think they've turned your fever dream into an actual film as of yet, Replies.

Shit Good Nose

What this needs is the same incredible effects team that worked on Godzilla vs King Ghidora (in which Godzilla became a supersized bastard and Ghidora became a part mecha good-guy and there's a super strong gaijin robot from the future that can't speak Japanese).

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Replies From View on January 31, 2021, 12:31:24 AM

Godzilla vs Karpov Kong

Goldentony

stern lecture from mirko cro cop about kicking the shit out of anything you fucking can, yes, godzilla will use fist, this kong he will focking annihilate this stupid prick with roundhouses

Replies From View

notjosh

Quote from: Replies From View on January 29, 2021, 02:06:35 PM
which film will have ddiy kong in it.  love that little arsehole  "let me attim, LET ME ATTIM!!" haha

This fella?

Replies From View

But he was his nephew, right?  They only called him "son" to make him buck his ideas up.

Magnum Valentino

Any a youse seen the one where Kong has a heart transplant and after scenes of exertion has to lean against a wall clutching his chest?

Real, I swear it.

Chedney Honks

Yeah, I know the one.

Godzilla vs Double Sausage and Egg McMuffin

Replies From View

Super Size Me was supposed to end with Morgan Spurlock looming over buildings and setting up events for one of the Godzilla sequels[nb]Or it's a prequel to the very first Godzilla film - I've never known for sure.[/nb], but he couldn't fit into the costume apparently.

druss

Is Godzilla a God whose name is Zilla, you shouldn't be able to put God before your name if not.

sirhenry

Quote from: druss on January 31, 2021, 12:57:47 PM
Is Godzilla a God whose name is Zilla, you shouldn't be able to put God before your name if not.
I take it you've never been to the Holy City of Alming.

Bazooka

Quote from: druss on January 31, 2021, 12:57:47 PM

Dogzilla had already been taken.