Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:30:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Muslim comedian arrested and thrown in jail just for joking about Hindus

Started by Petey Pate, January 26, 2021, 12:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

Or rather, just on suspicion for joking about Hindus.

Quote from: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/26/indian-muslim-comic-in-jail-for-weeks-for-jokes-he-didnt-tellA Indian Muslim stand-up comic has spent 25 days in a Madhya Pradesh jail for jokes he did not tell an audience, but on suspicions he was "going to".

Mumbai-based Munawar Faruqui, 28, is facing legal action in two states. In Madhya Pradesh, he was arrested while performing by Indore police for allegedly insulting Hindu deities during rehearsals. In neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, he is sought by the police in another case of allegedly insulting Hindu deities as well as Home Minister Amit Shah.

Why isn't Brendan O'Neill up in arms about this?

St_Eddie

bgmnts

Yeah I saw this yesterday and a part of me was like yup that is bound to happen. They take that shit seriously.

Mister Six

Especially when the country is being whipped up into an ethnonationalist nightmare by Modi & Cunts.

KennyMonster

Quote from: Mister Six on January 26, 2021, 03:20:18 PM
Especially when the country is being whipped up into an ethnonationalist nightmare by Modi & Cunts.

Some kind of Mumford and Sons tribute act?

thenoise

What jokes was he alleged to be about to make and were they funny?

Paul Calf

Quote from: bgmnts on January 26, 2021, 01:05:24 PM
Yeah I saw this yesterday and a part of me was like yup that is bound to happen. They take that shit seriously.

They never used to. I don't know whether Modi is a cause or an effect of this but Hindu nationalism is turning India into a powder keg.

Brundle-Fly

earl_sleek

thenoise

Trouble with Hindu Gods is on the one hand they dont allow jokes about them. But on the other hand they will lock you up whether you make them or not. But on the other hand they will give you a trial. But on the other hand they will deny you bail....