Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:07:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cyber Shadow

Started by Bazooka, January 26, 2021, 02:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X7-O4kX69pQ

Just released on all systems, retro - inspired you get what you see affair from the Shovel Knight team, plays well and offers a good challenge, piece of shit flying enemies, you know the score. Yadda yaad Yaa new thread to talk about a new game.

lazyhour

Just going by the trailer it seems to lack any of the charm of Shovel Knight. I'd like to be proved wrong though!

Kelvin

Rather than Shovel Knight, it actually reminds me more of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, only with the NES Castlevania games swapped out for Ninja Gaiden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfiCEoKkjz0

Bazooka

It's not meant to be in the style of Shovel Knight, it's the same development team.

brat-sampson

Quote from: Bazooka on January 27, 2021, 07:23:01 AM
It's not meant to be in the style of Shovel Knight, it's the same development team.

Minor correction, but while Yacht Club published this, they weren't the devs like with Shovel Knight.

I'll probably give this a try as it's on game pass, but honestly I'm not expecting to like it as much as I did Shovel or The Messenger. Which is fine.

lazyhour

Quote from: Bazooka on January 27, 2021, 07:23:01 AM

No, I know - it's obviously going for a Ninja Gaiden vibe. It just doesn't have any charm for me. It doesn't have to look cute to have charm. Hyper Light Drifter has bags of charm but isn't cute at all.

madhair60

It's ten times better than The Messenger, which I might add is fucking shit.

Your loss if you skip this one. It's brilliant.