Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:49:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deaths from COVID over 100,000 even by 28 days metric

Started by Fambo Number Mive, January 26, 2021, 05:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

The time to reflect will be when Johnson is enjoying his luxurious retirement coked up on an oligarch's yacht.

Fambo Number Mive

It's grotesque how Johnson attacks even the mild attempts by Starmer to hold him to account.

QuoteBut he goes on to attack the leader of the opposition's conduct during the pandemic, saying he has "twisted and turned" and engaged in political point scoring.

He urges the Labour leader to apologise for attacking the vaccine taskforce and says the country needs to pull together.

When did Starmer attack the vaccine taskforce? "Pulling together" and "coming together" seem to be being used to try and silence criticism of the government.

Surely proper scrutiny of the Government is more vital than ever during a pandemic. Like Trump, Johnson wants to have his cake and eat it - he wants to be in charge but doesn't want to be held responsible for his decisions. Hancock is the same.

They've got an army of keyboard warrior grifters on Twitter and message boards trying to shut down any criticism of the government as well.

idunnosomename

as dawn foster pointed out, the two covers that imply he's bowing his head in memberance of are brave boys grannies and granddads, are actually him looking at his script

Fambo Number Mive

Robert Jenrick "Nobody has worked harder than the prime minister"

I'm sure all those NHS staff working double shifts dealing with overflowing ICUs will be delighted to hear that.

Jenrick even gives Johnson falling ill with COVID as an example of him working hard.

Johnson should resign but so should the rest of the government as well. Collective responsibility, they all share in the blame.

idunnosomename

i think Jenrick is confusing Boris Johnson with Right Guard

BlodwynPig

Thought Jenrick had been arrested, tried and sent to prison by now?

Billy

When Boris the Oscar-winning movie does happen, a nice opening scene would be starting with the December 2019 election, portraying Johnson as this Jesus/Churchill-like figure cheered everywhere he goes and feeling utterly unstoppable as he Gets Brexit Done. Maybe an opening scene of him arriving at Downing Street surrounded by 100,000 loving supporters in a Blair '97 style, walking up the staircase and giving a nod to the Thatcher portrait on the wall. "This is going to be a great year for Britain" he smugly smiles.

Jump cut to 13 months later.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Billy on January 27, 2021, 01:23:57 PM

Jump cut to 13 months later. The crowds have swelled to 200,000. Boris has become unstoppable. He now has 5 wives - fawning news reporters telling the masses that this merely shows how our Dear Leader embraces all cultures equally.

EOLAN

If Johnson really wants Starmer and the opposition to pull and come together shouldn't he be offering a National Unity government; for the duration of the pandemic.

EOLAN

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 26, 2021, 11:41:14 PM
incredible.

stop this shitty island, i want to get off. and kill myself

Very obvious I know, but wouldn't all these publications be aghast if during a very sincere and solemn moment, Jeremy Corbyn would look one tenth as scruffy as your great leader does.

Petey Pate

Quote from: Billy on January 27, 2021, 01:23:57 PM
When Boris the Oscar-winning movie does happen, a nice opening scene would be starting with the December 2019 election, portraying Johnson as this Jesus/Churchill-like figure cheered everywhere he goes and feeling utterly unstoppable as he Gets Brexit Done. Maybe an opening scene of him arriving at Downing Street surrounded by 100,000 loving supporters in a Blair '97 style, walking up the staircase and giving a nod to the Thatcher portrait on the wall. "This is going to be a great year for Britain" he smugly smiles.

Jump cut to 13 months later.

You should pitch this idea to the team making the upcoming TV drama series starring Kenneth Branagh.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/kenneth-branagh-to-play-boris-johnson-in-tv-drama-about-covid-crisis

Fambo Number Mive

It's interesting how Johnson says the "entire British state is working flat out... to get us through this pandemic...now is not the right time to concentrate the energies and efforts of officialdom to an inquiry" but there seems to be time for ministers to come up with plans to name roads after Victoria Cross and George Cross recipients and how to avoid statues to people who made money from slavery being taken down.

idunnosomename

Quote from: EOLAN on January 27, 2021, 01:35:19 PM
Very obvious I know, but wouldn't all these publications be aghast if during a very sincere and solemn moment, Jeremy Corbyn would look one tenth as scruffy as your great leader does.
if he'd done a new zealand shut the borders (and yes, we couldn't have done it to quite the same magnitude, but we are still an island and could've taken Italy getting overwhelmed seriously and taken preventative measures rather than just thinking it will all be ok) you can bet these cunts would be kicking and screaming against this bolshy bastard

notjosh

Starting to feel like Boris will resign over this. Not yet - he'll wait until the vaccination program is done and we're out of lockdown so he can claim to be the Prime Minister who got Britain back on its feet or whatever.

But look at how knackered he looks. He thought being PM was going to be 99% bants and 2 months into the job he's in the middle of the greatest crisis since the war and he's got millions of ungrateful plebs shouting horrible lies about how he's murdered their nan. As soon as he reckons he can get away with it he's out the door whistling like David Cameron the day after the Brexit vote, his seat is up for a by-election and he'll have his trotters up in Nice with the rest of the cunts.

imitationleather

Please let Boris and his appalling cunt of a dad be among the next 100k deaths.

Norton Canes

Quote from: notjosh on January 27, 2021, 03:11:30 PM
Starting to feel like Boris will resign over this. Not yet - he'll wait until the vaccination program is done and we're out of lockdown so he can claim to be the Prime Minister who got Britain back on its feet or whatever.

But look at how knackered he looks. He thought being PM was going to be 99% bants and 2 months into the job he's in the middle of the greatest crisis since the war and he's got millions of ungrateful plebs shouting horrible lies about how he's murdered their nan. As soon as he reckons he can get away with it he's out the door whistling like David Cameron the day after the Brexit vote, his seat is up for a by-election and he'll have his trotters up in Nice with the rest of the cunts

Yeah. Except the difference this time is that once Boris Johnson goes, the Tories won't have Boris Johnson to fall back on. Because he was always their plan B. When Cameron went, when May went. "Don't worry, we've still got Boris." Now he's their last chance, because none of his shower of shit cabinet members are going to attract anything like the popularity he did.

imitationleather

PM Priti Patel will galvanise the country by making not voting Tory a hangable offence.

Fambo Number Mive

Jacob Rees Mogg is pretty popular among the LOLBORIS crowd isn't he? They all see him as the funny man who rides a penny-farthing and wears a top hat. All those memes of him lying on the front bench make some people laugh. Can imagine him in Sunak's cabinet as Minister for Education, making schools only let pupils speak Latin at breaktime.

I think Jeremy Hunt is positioning himself to take over from Hancock, its interesting how all the "Captain Hindsight" insults only seem to apply to Opposition politicians and not Tory ones criticising the government. Hancock will resign as Health Secretary after this and Hunt will most likely take over.

Either Patel or Sunak will take over when Johnson goes. Jenrick will also run but will barely get any support.

Fambo Number Mive

Could (claps) the (claps) next (claps) government (claps) communications (claps) director (claps) be (claps) from (claps) ABC:

https://twitter.com/juliamacfarlane/status/1354375431949053953

I like Ash's reply: https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1354390460383559684

Pranet

I really hate it when people do that clapping thing between words on tweets, even when they are saying something I agree with. Even more so when they are saying that you can't compare the UK to New Zealand because the population of New Zealand is all hobbits and they are naturally immune to covid or some such shit.

idunnosomename

it's right fucker to do, even in parody. I mean I'd do it here but I cant be arsed. 👏

BlodwynPig

they've used that clapping between words in beige, middle class oriented adverts for over a decade. Ever since the rise of the beige middle-class at the turn of the Millennium.

JamesTC

Chedney Honks

Imagine someone actually clapping at you like that in real life.

My first thought is honestly jam a shovel handle in their mouth breaking off their teeth. Pull it back and forth to pull out the teeth and shove some down their fucking throat.

Also the same for anyone not wearing a mask.

Open wide fuck