Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:22:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spike Milligan's Oh in Colour

Started by Spiny Norman, January 26, 2021, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiny Norman

Aaaaaand over on youtube, "Cleops" (previously sharing ALL NTNOCNs) has now uploaded all six episodes of "Oh in colour".

(Except that it's not in colour! I want my licence fee back!)

Shit Good Nose

Thanks for the heads up - as a Q fan I've been wanting to see Oh for yonks.

Spiny Norman

With potentially slightly false modesty, (s)he writes: "Also, I am not a silly billy who thinks anything I post is actually rare or that a million other people don't have it. My aim is to keep it in circulation so people can appreciate it and the people who created it."

Brundle-Fly

Thanks Spiny for the heads up.

What a phenomenal YouTube channel! After a quick scan through it, I had to slam the laptop shut because I know I will get fuck'all done for the next six months if I go down that wormhole. It's not a wormhole, it's Tremors creature hole.

JesusAndYourBush

And he's gone.

QuoteThis account has been terminated because we received multiple third-party claims of copyright infringement regarding material the user posted.

Mark X

Yep. From Twitter:

QuoteThat's it YT people. I'm glad the channel was there for people who needed it during lockdown, but I think we all knew how this was going to end. It was a beautiful thing while it lasted. I feel privileged to have shared this experience with everyone. Cleops xx

Going by his subsequent comments on Twitter, it sounds like it was programmes containing music that did for the channel.

Skip Bittman

Did someone archive those NTNON  rips elsewhere by any chance? Kept meaning to watch those early ones and never fired up JDownloader.

My grandmother looked eerily like Charlie Atom.

non capisco

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 06, 2021, 01:11:20 AM
And he's gone.

Looks like he's back with a different channel

Bloody hell, he's uploaded two of the three surviving episodes of 'Lift Off With Ayshea'. Really wish more of these had survived, there's a smattering of acts you recognise but the Creme Brulee factor is off the scale. Fascinating. Check out the state of this two bob Elvis imitator! .

JesusAndYourBush

Ah he's posted Saturday Stayback!  I saw OTT when it was first on but didn't even know Saturday Stayback existed until I read about it on the net sometime about 10-15 years ago.  No idea how it passed me by.

timebug

Just followed the new link above, and get the 'This Channel Does Not Exist' message.Bugger!

non capisco

Ah, balls. Yeah, that's gone as well. Was looking forward to delving into that today.

TheMonk

The shutting down of YouTube channels due to copyright claims is depressing. So much great stuff just never to be seen again. Bollocks to that.

non capisco

Why didn't I stay up til 5 in the morning watching all that? It's not like I'm smothered with active plans today. Although it could have been more frustrating seeing The Man wield his Ban Hammer in real time halfway through a ropey old episode of Get It Together.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Mark X on February 06, 2021, 09:02:23 PM
Yep. From Twitter:

QuoteThat's it YT people. I'm glad the channel was there for people who needed it during lockdown, but I think we all knew how this was going to end. It was a beautiful thing while it lasted. I feel privileged to have shared this experience with everyone. Cleops xx

Also, this Tweet has now been removed, and the Twitter account locked down to followers only.  (Luckily I started following it yesterday after the above post, so can tell it has actually gone.)

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 07, 2021, 01:36:00 AM
Ah he's posted Saturday Stayback!  I saw OTT when it was first on but didn't even know Saturday Stayback existed until I read about it on the net sometime about 10-15 years ago.  No idea how it passed me by.

Some people would say you need download anything like that off Youtube, before the ban hammer comes down. Not me of course, that would be against YouTubes terms of service and possibly against the law in your location.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 07, 2021, 04:57:12 PMAlso, this Tweet has now been removed, and the Twitter account locked down to followers only.  (Luckily I started following it yesterday after the above post, so can tell it has actually gone.)

He's also deleted the 30 videos he had off Dailymotion as well.  (It was mainly episodes of Heidi.)

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on February 07, 2021, 05:32:55 PM
Some people would say you need download anything like that off Youtube, before the ban hammer comes down. Not me of course, that would be against YouTubes terms of service and possibly against the law in your location.

Luckily I grabbed the Stayback episodes before going to bed!

Spiny Norman

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on February 07, 2021, 05:32:55 PM
I lost a channel last year because a third party complained from a free email domain, even though both those things are against their terms of takedown service. So explain to me again how important those terms of service are...

Cleops is a she, by the way. I'm afraid she won't be back very soon for the time being.

Cold Meat Platter

Got a laugh from her use of a fake tash on her avatar for the brief resurrection. These bots are getting sophisticated!

non capisco

Quote from: Spiny Norman on February 07, 2021, 09:32:55 PM
Cleops is a she, by the way.

Oops, sorry Cleops. I guess my assumption was due to her creating a channel that was paradise for spoddy blokes like me. Wish I'd discovered the old one sooner.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: non capisco on February 07, 2021, 11:11:23 PM
Oops, sorry Cleops. I guess my assumption was due to her creating a channel that was paradise for spoddy blokes like me. Wish I'd discovered the old one sooner.

My assumption too, for the same reason.

Cleops.
Comin' Atch's.

zomgmouse

I wonder if anyone grabbed all the Oh in Colour episodes before the channel went down, perhaps using the youtube-dl software which is easily implementable through command prompt in Windows

Spiny Norman

Quote from: zomgmouse on February 09, 2021, 12:32:26 AM
I wonder if anyone grabbed all the Oh in Colour episodes before the channel went down, perhaps using the youtube-dl software which is easily implementable through command prompt in Windows
Well that just sounds far fetched and unlikely if you don't mind me saying so.

They weren't even in colour, the title was a bare faced, shameless lie, so I gave the whole thing a miss.

Spiny Norman

PS The strange thing seems to be that there was someone posing as ITV who was petitioning youtube to take down her videos or channel. Someone who technically had no business there. (The BBC complaint was genuine though.)

Spudgun

Quote from: Spiny Norman on February 24, 2021, 01:10:38 PM
PS The strange thing seems to be that there was someone posing as ITV who was petitioning youtube to take down her videos or channel. Someone who technically had no business there. (The BBC complaint was genuine though.)

I don't know if I'm reading you right, but I wonder if there's a copyright troll out there going around getting channels taken down just for fun. A small YouTuber I know got a threatening e-mail a couple of weeks ago from someone basically dobbing them in to the BBC and ITV (cc'd to people in those companies), resulting in them pre-emptively removing all their videos. I mean, I can't say I'm surprised Cleops got taken down given what she'd uploaded, but this other one was just sharing old VHS transfers with nothing of any significant commercial value.

How mysterious. What kind of mentality does it take to ruin such things for so many of us in favour of the corporations?

Pinball

Hopefully someone will torrent all this stuff... Or release it on BluRay. I'd buy the latter, copyright holders.